Do you ever watch your local TV news?

Do you watch your local news?

• Total voters
G

Guestx

I made the thread earlier about Shot in the Dark--the new Netflix series about freelance videographers who shoot news events and sell the footage to local news stations--and it made me wonder how many people still watch their local TV news.

I remember when I was a kid my grandparents would watch the news every night at 10 o'clock. The news would come on and then Perry Mason and MASH. I think maybe Matlock was in there somewhere too.

But these days it seems like the Internet has made local TV news . . . I don't want to say obsolete, but it at least seems unnecessary.

I'm not sure I've watched the local news even once as an adult, but apparently some people do. Does anyone here regularly make a point to do this?

We no longer have Cable nor television in our house.

Yeah sometimes, but really they should call it the 6 o'clock gossip. Not a whole lot of news.

Yeah sometimes, but really they should call it the 6 o'clock gossip. Not a whole lot of news.

I really should sit down and actually watch my local news one day soon just to see what kind of stuff they're reporting on.

I do sometimes watch the national news (though I've grown tired of the constant focus on politics), but never the local news.

I am actually watching the local news as I type this. I make sure to change that shit really fast when the NBC nightly news comes on though. Right or Left wing all of the cable national news outlets are garbage.

I cancelled my cable this year but I would from time to time to escape the politics of national news.

I used to have NY1 on in the morning as background noise getting ready for work.

I really should sit down and actually watch my local news one day soon just to see what kind of stuff they're reporting on.

I do sometimes watch the national news (though I've grown tired of the constant focus on politics), but never the local news.

I imagine in some places its not so bad. But round here we basically get " someone almost got on to xfactor" or other crap like that.

Yes, Ill wake up to a timer set on my TV to local morning news, I enjoy the local news more than national news, I dont watch CNN, MSNBC or FOX news shows

I like the local news cause they cover news that may have some importance to me like local stuff, they do features on local business in the area that I would be interested in visiting, talk about traffic in my area or crime, weather, simple stuff

I dont wath the full broadcast but ill probably watch a good 30 minutes while eating my breakfast

We no longer have Cable nor television in our house.
Same here, I have the internet and that's it. Legacy news is close to 100% fake and won't better your life or inform you of anything going on.

Legacy news is close to 100% fake.

LOL, c'mon man.

So you think that at the beginning of the day the guys at CNN and the New York Times just fabricate a bunch of stories that have no basis in reality?

That's pretty much what you're saying here.

LOL, c'mon man.

So you think that at the beginning of the day the guys at CNN and the New York Times just fabricate a bunch of stories that have no basis in reality?

That's pretty much what you're saying here.
They've been caught fabricating news and I've worked as an audio tech at CBS for an on location report that wasn't even in the correct state. The news has been being faked since shortly after ratings started to relate to money earned.

They've been caught fabricating news and I've worked as an audio tech at CBS for an on location report that wasn't even in the correct state. The news has been being faked since shortly after ratings started to relate to money earned.

I'm not saying that everything that's reported is accurate, but you can't just make an absurd statement like "almost 100%" of the news that's reported is fake.

I mean, I guess Donald Trump isn't our president right now. They just made that shit up.

I'm not saying that everything that's reported is accurate, but you can't just make an absurd statement like "almost 100%" of the news that's reported is fake.

I mean, I guess Donald Trump isn't our president right now. They just made that shit up.
I don' think you understand hyperbole.

I feel like the news is GENERALLY reliable and that most reporters do care about accuracy.
Oh no, more is fabricated than is true on the news. Most stories are narrative reports based on a real event but they change the details for drama and to push agenda regularly.

Back