Do you even fondue bro?

Kanuck99

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, the wife made me go to a fondue restaurant for supper last night.

Started with cheese fondue which was pretty good. Ended with chocolate fondue which was also pretty good.

But...the diners are subjected to more instructions than people who are going out for their first sky dive. Once the “main course” is served (a bunch of raw meat on a platter), then the real fun begins. You fork whatever it is you want to eat, figure out which batter you want to use, figure out which broth or oil you want to cook it in (keeping in mind the explosion and grease fire warnings), you put the meat in the liquid and… check your watch?!

Yadda, yadda, yadda...3 hours later we finished our meal.

I'll stick to the Keg thanks.

Deep fry shit in a tub in Alabama and you're a redneck pig.

Deep fry shit with tiny forks and candles on the table and you're a cultured highbrow sophisticate.

I'm not about fondue, but i'm also not here to disparage fondue.

fondue or fondont, there is no fry

Practice at home

d5f963ceab27e46d8f2ef57828dd0a83.jpg

Chocolate fondu is the only fondu. The meat kind is 2 steps worse than the BBQ korean joints where you cook your own food. I'm not paying and waiting twice as long for the "experience."

In and out, and in your mouth (it never hurts to blow on it). <---- the only way to live. The Chocolate fondu life.

but thats the gimmick right? To cook it yourself?

Asians are notorious for self-cook restaurants. Korean BBQ, Teppanyaki, hotpot, shabu-shabu. I also get tired of the process after awhile, and just want to fucking eat my meal.

If you consider this fondue, then yes. We probably do hotpot/shabu shabu about 10x per year
eatigo_100DegreesRotaryHotPot_20170802120802_8054.jpg

Not a fan of going out to eat, and having to prepare most of it myself. I don't even order fajitas because i have to construct them myself.

Fondue rules!

Sadly expensive and my killjoy wife doesn't like it, though.

Why can't you just pour cheese sauce on your meal like everyone else?

but thats the gimmick right? To cook it yourself?

Asians are notorious for self-cook restaurants. Korean BBQ, Teppanyaki, hotpot, shabu-shabu. I also get tired of the process after awhile, and just want to fucking eat my meal.

Yeah man I went to a Korean BBQ one time with some guys and they made us cook our own food. Fuck that hipster shit. I can do that at home for half the price. If you really want to impress me, let me sit in front of the grills so I can watch the chef cook my food.

So, the wife made me go to a fondue restaurant for supper last night.

Started with cheese fondue which was pretty good. Ended with chocolate fondue which was also pretty good.

But...the diners are subjected to more instructions than people who are going out for their first sky dive. Once the “main course” is served (a bunch of raw meat on a platter), then the real fun begins. You fork whatever it is you want to eat, figure out which batter you want to use, figure out which broth or oil you want to cook it in (keeping in mind the explosion and grease fire warnings), you put the meat in the liquid and… check your watch?!

Yadda, yadda, yadda...3 hours later we finished our meal.

I'll stick to the Keg thanks.

Arent Fondues a Swiss specialty?

Back