Do you enjoy/hate sparring or fighting against unmatched lead stance?

Replay19

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just curious, if so then why?

For me personally I like both, fighting unmatched or unmatching stances. Both have to have different execution of offense and defense, including footwork adjustments that change the game a little bit.

But I know there's lots of fighters out there that say, for example, orthodox dislikes vs southpaw etc

What's your personal take on it and why?

A good/tall southpaw can be very hard to deal with.

For kickboxing/mma I have a very dominant right side so I tend to like it at the lower levels

I like it because i finaly get to unleash my rear bodykick almost at will

Southpaws should be sent to death camps

As someone who primarily fights southpaw, I love it. Because I'm almost always better at fighting mixed leads than my opponents. What REALLY fucks me up is fighting another southpaw, because then I have to think back to my orthodox days and just do everything backwards.

I'm a southpaw and when I'm against a southpaw, I tend to switch to orthodox... perhaps I'm lazy but I just don't want to learn all the new counters :p

I have no problem fighting Southpaws - I train with them all the time so I'm very used to it. It's a fun battle to keep your foot on the outside of their lead foot.

What throws me off are people who are shorter than me and rush in to close the distance - that is something I'm learning how to deal with better. Most people in my gym are about my height or taller, so when I get in exchanges with smaller individuals I find it challenging.

Back