Do you drive an automatic or a manual transmission?

Yes. this. You won't see any auto racers driving an automatic, sheeeeit. If you want it done right, do it yourself.

All of them would if the sanctioning body allows it. In drag racing, some classes require the driver to shift gears. They use an automatic that shifts with a switch.

There are many oval track racers using Powerglide transmissions.

All of them would if the sanctioning body allows it. In drag racing, some classes require the driver to shift gears. They use an automatic that shifts with a switch.

What everyone fails to realize is that with a manual transmission, the driver has to do unnecessary chit which makes the driver a peasant LOL.

Brb master race driving and enjoying life
Brb no need to worry about mundane tasks like managing the transmission
Brb fingering hot girls in passenger seat
Brb on phone texting and facebooking
Brb eating McDonalds
Brb brb

That was about six months ago and I’m not sure if I did make a thread or not.

To recount what happened:

I had to have the car towed when my clutch stuck down and wouldn’t unstick. The first tow truck driver drove it to one facility that wouldn’t touch a new Cadillac with a manual (they had no idea what they were doing). Then I had it towed to a dealership two towns over. Both were flatbeds. One of those two tow drivers screwed up and attached the tow tiedowns onto the rear trailing arms and bent the shit out of them. Then when the dealership I eventually ended up at (different from the first one) got it up on the lifts, they discovered that the arms were bent and I had to had them replaced.

Only they didn’t tighten the control arms when they replaced the assembly and I lost a control arm at highway speeds. Lost full control of the vehicle, swerved across three lanes before I wrestled the damned thing to a stop. That’s why I got the third tow truck driver who didn’t know how to drive a manual. And the funny part is that the tow dispatcher just told me to leave the car instead of waiting for the truck. Imagine what would have happened if he had shown up and not known how to load the car onto the flatbed!

That sounds way too similar to what was posted in the thread to have been someone else. Unless there was some type of glitch in the matrix. Lol

Nice Buke!

She's a fucking Beast. Scares me sometimes.

My recent car is the first automatic I've had. Honestly I prefer it a lot of the time because manual during stop and go driving is really annoying.

Another little perk with the manual is the ability to slow down effectively by downshifting. I drove my old 2500 for 30 miles with a gaping hole in my brake lines strictly by downshifting when I had to slow down . Was is safe or legal ......fuck no , but it worked beautifully. 1st gear in that truck is such a granny gear that you're probably running 3000 rpm at 9-10 mph.

The last car I owned was a stick and if I find myself living somewhere else in the future where I need a car, it's going to be a Jeep and it's going to be stick.

I've always drove an automatic. I hate Vancouver area traffic already, I don't need a manual car to make it even more painful.

Although, I recently went for a rip in my buddies 300 hp 2017 VW Golf R, clutch-less with paddle shifters and fucking loved it. That thing is scary fast.

With powerglide you still have to "shift" into high gear no? Thought it was more of a lever vs switch.

How is it easier to control a manual while backing? I've driven 2 stick 16 speeds, one stick with air splitter, Auto Stik and Allison automatics in heavy trucks to 80,000 pounds on concrete, blacktop, dirt, gravel, mud up and down hills. I've found the Allison much easier to control because you can use the brake and accelerator at the same time to creep very slowly and stop in position without moving on inclines. With a stick you have to take your foot off the accelerator to hit the brake because your left foot is on the clutch.
Once you get the balance point between clutch and accelerator you can control momentum by using clutch or accelerator without brake. I Am not talking heavy vehicles though, only passenger vehicles /utlities.

why would you drive a manual, this ain't the fuckng flintstones

Uh oh, don't let @kahiljabroni read that, he'll tell you what a piece of shit it is and that while he has the financial freedom to go upside down on a used truck he isn't even sure if he needs; he won't and will just continue to bitch about how he gets smoked by Accords and Camrys.

Lol...All true actually. What kind of car u got now jabroni?

Although, I recently went for a rip in my buddies 300 hp 2017 VW Golf R, clutch-less with paddle shifters and fucking loved it. That thing is scary fast.
its not clutchless, it actually has TWO clutches. But yea, no clutch pedal therefore automatic.

its not clutchless, it actually has TWO clutches. But yea, no clutch pedal therefore automatic.
My bad. I can change oil and brakes but thats the extent of my car knowledge lol. The Golf R is god damn insane when you put it in launch mode.

My bad. I can change oil and brakes but thats the extent of my car knowledge lol. The Golf R is god damn insane when you put it in launch mode.
its one of the best all around cars you can buy right now. Fast in all weather conditions, spacious enough for a family, good fuel economy, can hit 11's with just bolt-ons, and only costs 40k.

First car was a standard. My new car is an auto though. Miss the stick. Unfortunately they don't build Fusions (Falcon, Mondeo for overseas blokes) in Standard configuration anymore.

Its crazy how little sticks are sold in NA. We rarely see sticks go out at the dealership. Only of its a Stang or Focus ST or RS. Which are rare themselves as most old farts who buy a stang buy em auto.

If you don't drive a stick, you aren't dominant @John Wang

Last edited:
Back