Do you drink beer more than 25+ days a month?

Recently got back into drinking beer, I'm trying to lay off the liquor, it got pretty bad, I ended up drinking 12-16oz every other day.

I had a couple of beers (one Guinness, one Kilkenny) for St Patrick’s Day. That’s the only alcohol I’ve had all year.

I'm 49, so most of my heavy days are behind me. I drink maybe 2 days a week. Friday just a drink or 2. On Saturday just enough to get a buzz. Really drunk once or twice a year. Premium beers, tequila or whiskey neat are 99% of my choices.

My biggest binge by far was 3 weeks in Ibiza. I was 32. Got drunk on the flight over, got drunk for 21 straight days (plus a lot of other shit), drank on the flight home. Probably aged 5 years in that 3 weeks. Slept 24 straight hours the day I got back and for 12-14 hours for 3-4 days afterwards. It was 3 weeks before I felt like myself again. But the stories......oh the stories.

but there are so many alcoholic drinks that are better.

tenor.gif

Nah. I drink sporadically. I'll have weeks where I go without a drink, then a heavy weekend or week of drinking. Other times just a casual drink at home or outside. Just depends where I am and what I feel like doing. Def. not an alco.

I got an old friend back in Australia who drinks 10 beers every single night and has done for years. He literally doesn't have a day he goes without it. Hes fucked.

It's not really the quantity, but rather the motivation that makes one an alcoholic.

I prefer beer over liquor because it's easy to drink a 6 pack, eat some food, and then sleep. With liquor, I tend to overdo it. You don't get that 'full' feeling, and being 1/16 Cherokee doesn't help much either!

Had a few beers Super Bowl Sunday. That is all the beer I've had since then. My guy's bachelor party is Saturday so I'm probably going to get pretty turnt

I have blazed up quite a bit tho

I gave up the liquor 4 years ago and only drink beer now. My life turned substantially better after making that decision.

This is what you tell your wife isn't it?
Well, she's with me for most of it. I prefer her shitfaced though. She is more open to new things that way.

If your answer is yes, do you consider yourself an alcoholic?

If your answer is yes but you don’t consider yourself an alcoholic, do you think it’s because you only have 1 or 2 beers, or one shot a day?

In other words, if you drank more per day than you do, more than 330 days a year, would that be the difference between being an alcoholic and not being one?
By beer do you really mean alcohol in general or what? Anyway, I rarely drink, but when I do, I prefer wine and liquor. But I still drink beer too.

To answer the OP, yes and no. Don’t judge me bro. I’m a beer aficionado.

I drink beer 5-7 days every week. Rarely have more than 2 beers in a day. I brew beer for a living. I don't consider myself an alcoholic, and I don't think the people that know me well consider me an alcoholic.
You're a worthless alcoholic thats in denial - face it- its time to make some changes!

I will never get this country's fascination with beer. I mean, it's alright, but there are so many alcoholic drinks that are better.

I drink beer maybe 5 times a year.

Saying 'beer is alright' is like saying 'fruit is alright' to me.
There's a lot of variety in beer. There isn't just one taste. If you're just talking about budlight, or some other cheap store beer, then yea, i get that--but there's A LOT better out there. I don't drink beer to get drunk, I drink it for the taste.
I don't disagree that there are plenty of other good alcoholic drinks out there though.

I will never get this country's fascination with beer. I mean, it's alright, but there are so many alcoholic drinks that are better.

I drink beer maybe 5 times a year.

IpTHX.gif

but seriously what do u drink?

I had a couple of beers (one Guinness, one Kilkenny) for St Patrick’s Day. That’s the only alcohol I’ve had all year.
You're a lawyer, you're supposed to be an alcoholic.

Nah i got my alcoholic phase out of my system in my early 20's. I only drink rarely, when I can't smoke weed for whatever reason. Beer sucks anyway. I was more of a whiskey and vodka guy when I did drink.

Back