Do you dislike the mainstream media?

Do you dislike the mainstream media?

• Total voters
This just rings very well in my ears.

If I could describe us Swedes as people I would call us friendly with a lot of trust in people. This trust is based on our well functioning institutions. It´s much more harder to be corrupt here because if you want to go that way, you have to go through a long road of instances, and each and one of them are there to do the quality check. Therefore by default, I trust my news I get from the general Swedish TV. But don´t mistake this with what I read from the news papers. We don´t really have any neutral news magazines, they will sway left to right and do their bidding to cover that little extra if some from the other side has done something injudicious.

I know USA is a big nation, but you do have states and for me they are almost like their own countries in a mosaic with others and you are gifted with the upper hand, speaking the same language. But I get the impression the average american are being sceptical by nature, and a trivial thing as to turn on the TV and doubt what they are airing is for me kind of sad. Is there a pattern to be seen if you live in a place like coastal New York area or in the deep places of the Ozarks(I love the TV show)?
We are all about deception and con here. The most corrupt, most ruthless are the ones who rise to the top. The pure people are walked all over and taken advantage of. We dont give a shit about the person next to us, as long as we "get ours"

Sorry but that's a fact, jack.

Says who? Is it you being (I´m guessing) a voting democrat or are there other factors in play here?

Enlighten a Swede please.
FOX News spews out bullshit to fluff Pres Chump's ego and demonize his foes. The other two report facts and connect the dots showing Chump's a piece of corrupt shit. They show highlight reels of him contradicting himself, his cronies coining terms like "alternative facts" and "truth is not truth".

This just rings very well in my ears.

If I could describe us Swedes as people I would call us friendly with a lot of trust in people. This trust is based on our well functioning institutions. It´s much more harder to be corrupt here because if you want to go that way, you have to go through a long road of instances, and each and one of them are there to do the quality check. Therefore by default, I trust my news I get from the general Swedish TV. But don´t mistake this with what I read from the news papers. We don´t really have any neutral news magazines, they will sway left to right and do their bidding to cover that little extra if some from the other side has done something injudicious.

I know USA is a big nation, but you do have states and for me they are almost like their own countries in a mosaic with others and you are gifted with the upper hand, speaking the same language. But I get the impression the average american are being sceptical by nature, and a trivial thing as to turn on the TV and doubt what they are airing is for me kind of sad. Is there a pattern to be seen if you live in a place like coastal New York area or in the deep places of the Ozarks(I love the TV show)?

Great points. As for your question, I couldn't say based on observation (big country!), but here's a story on some polling results:

https://www.axios.com/trump-effect-...ews-9c1bbf70-0054-41dd-b506-0869bb10f08c.html

To some extent, it's a partisan issue, though the numbers would look bad for Democrats if there weren't Republicans to contrast with. IMO, the single biggest problem in American politics today is that the vast majority of voters in one party simply reject information that they don't like if it comes from non-partisan sources. There's a right and left in every country and at all times, but why is the American right so unhinged? I think it's because of the existence of an alternative-reality media structure and a lack of trust in real news. You knew before the Trump investigation started, any findings of impropriety would be dismissed and the investigating team would be accused of being biased or criminal. You know that any media finding that contradicts Trump's claims will be accused of lying. If GOP policy doesn't have the promised effect, Fox or Breitbart will say it did and anyone who looks at the issue honestly will be accused of bias. Etc. That gives politicians license to push the envelope on corruption and dishonesty.

FOX News spews out bullshit to fluff Pres Chump's ego and demonize his foes. The other two report facts and connect the dots showing Chump's a piece of corrupt shit. They show highlight reels of him contradicting himself, his cronies coining terms like "alternative facts" and "truth is not truth".
Your partisanship is showing bro.

Says who? Is it you being (I´m guessing) a voting democrat or are there other factors in play here?

Enlighten a Swede please.

For one thing, Fox is an openly pro-Republican station. Part of that alternate-reality structure I mentioned. CNN is mainstream news, and MSNBC is (mostly left-leaning) talk shows rather than news.

I can see you are from Hawaii and I have a friend from my time in Thailand who also came from there. And he was a democrat and what I could tell the islands of Hawaii are supporting the Dems?

So is it the democrat speaking, or do you talk with common sense? If I´m not mistaken CBS and CNN are the biggest players and a lot of other lesser news are taking what they are dictating? So where is FOX in all this?

Edit: Jack Savage gave a good answer.

For one thing, Fox is an openly pro-Republican station. Part of that alternate-reality structure I mentioned. CNN is mainstream news, and MSNBC is (mostly left-leaning) talk shows rather than news.
You guys remember recently that time a ton of local TV stations forced their news anchors to spew out the exact same word for word pro Chump bullshit talking points speech? They had that multi split screen synchronized.

"Don't believe this. Believe us."

<{cruzshake}>

They are all the same you just enjoy hearing what you want to hear, which is why they are targeting you...

Longest running story in history with no proof? Trump/Russia collusion...there is no another story run in history for even half that time, without their having actual facts to support it...and I have no dobut that you do NOT think its due to their needing to keep everyone from REMEMBERING that proof came out that THEY colluded with the DNC against Sanders.

<Goldie11>

You absolutely CANNOT put FOX News in the same category as CNN and MSNBC.

This is an undeniably stupid and ironic source of indignation.

@panamaican, hardly a democratic partisan or surrogate, has made some worthwhile posts on why CNN and MSNBC are a far, far cry from being as bad as Fox News.

It's not close.

I think this is kind of unfair. Media is powerful and the Republican party having their own TV-station with that money and muscle? This I would call bias on a grand scale.

I can see you are from Hawaii and I have a friend from my time in Thailand who alos came from there. And he was a democrat and what I could tell the islands of Hawaii are supporting the Dems?

So is it the democrat speaking, or do you talk with common sense? If I´m not mistaken CBS and CNN are the biggest players and a lot of other lesser news are taking what they are dictating? So where is FOX in all this?
I am not dem or rep. I am anti-bullshit, anti-corruption.

You are forgetting ABC, NBC among the big players.

FOX News stands out by far due to the pure bullshit and showcasing conspiracy theorist nutjobs who enjoy stirring up hatred. They lack any credibility among educated viewers. It is a network designed for the dumbest of dumbshits who lack education and believe retarded corrupt jackasses, and there are many of these in US of A.

I think this is kind of unfair. Media is powerful and the Republican party having their own TV-station with that money and muscle? This I would call bias on a grand scale.
It is common for dictatorships to control the TV stations and control what they say and what they cover and how they cover it.

This is an undeniably stupid and ironic source of indignation.

@panamaican, hardly a democratic partisan or surrogate, has made some worthwhile posts on why CNN and MSNBC are a far, far cry from being as bad as Fox News.

It's not close.
Read it again and see who's stupid. I didn't say which was bad. I said one is very different from the other.

The argument that they make is that the mainstream media (large, general-audience media companies) is biased left so they are needed to balance it. The problem is that the MSM is already trying to be balanced (so much so that they skew right to head off accusations). So bias on a grand scale is right, I think. Look up what percentage of Americans don't believe the findings of climate scientists or think that regressive tax cuts grow the economy, not to mention how many believe crazy conspiracy theories about left-leaning politicians (as of Aug. 2016, about three-quarters of Republicans doubted that Obama was born in America, and God only knows how many believe that Clinton was using her charitable foundation to steal money, not to mention even crazier theories).

<{cruzshake}>

They are all the same you just enjoy hearing what you want to hear, which is why they are targeting you...

Longest running story in history with no proof? Trump/Russia collusion...there is no another story run in history for even half that time, without their having actual facts to support it...and I have no dobut that you do NOT think its due to their needing to keep everyone from REMEMBERING that proof came out that THEY colluded with the DNC against Sanders.

<Goldie11>
You think all the obstruction of justice is due to innocence? Wait until the facts about the money laundering comes out. Wait for the disclosure of the details of the income tax returns.

Their attorney was talking to Mueller for 30 hrs and he thinks he was going to be thrown under the bus just like many others, so he's motivated to cooperate. He was involved with the campaign and the administration. It's gonna be good. Don't blink.

lets see now...

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pr...between-trump-and-russia-890509379597?v=railb

https://freebeacon.com/national-sec...ce-collusion-between-trump-associates-russia/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

Oh and look at this from just a few months ago from Dem media darling Adam Schiff...

NO PROOF after over 1 1/2 years and yet still the top story...never...before...in...history...because...MEDIA...collusion IS the story that should be at the top.

<FutbolThink>

in theory, media should be the best ally of the people
in reality, it's partisan self-serving drivel and propaganda.

Back