Do you diet? Struggle with your weight?

Sugar isn't bad, but you should get it mainly through fruit. Get some blueberries and bananas. Fruits are also full of fibre. Don't be sacred, homie. If you want to stay full longer i recommend putting vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower) in the oven with spices for 30 minutes. No oil. Tastes delicious. I had to cut back on this because i lost too much weight.

Sounds delicious. I love broccoli

Sounds delicious. I love broccoli

You should try. Cook until the broccoli gets crispy and add some spices. It's not bad at all. I saw a bodybuilder doing this. Very underrated.

I lift 5-6 days a week and remain fairly active with the kids + golf. I'm 34 now and never felt the need to diet, but I think I've made a lifestyle change to where I basically am Monday through Friday. I don't like feeling really full and sluggish at work, so I have a light breakfast, snacks (apple + almonds), and a light lunch. If I'm lifting that night, I have a light dinner as I don't want to be stuffed for the lifting session. I will snack that night though. I'm sure the calorie intake is pretty reasonable throughout the week. I yolo on the weekend, but I'm definitely lifting both days and likely doing other physical activities.
Good for you. I fell way the fuck off of going to the gym as soon as my kids were born. I even used to bench teh 275. Twins just wipe me out, no time or energy to workout like I used to. Any suggestions?

The only times I went through a diet from hell was to get rid of the extra weight after children were born. Took about 6 months each time to get back to normal.

I'm significantly overweight, and always trying to eat healthy when convenient. I enjoy eating out and drinking, so that doesn't help.

I was about 280# when playing NCAA football, and I am about 270# right now. For reference, at 235# I am in good shape. I would love to get under 250# this summer.

Ive been dieting for the past 3 weeks pretty hard. Awhile back I was getting pretty fat and I decided it was time for a serious diet. I was up to 180+ pounds at only 5"7. In 2 months I got down to 145.

My diet was a spicey chicken wrap and a chili cheese nacho from Wendys for lunch or some mixed berries. For dinner I would have a small or medium size serving of food. Some days I wouldnt even have dinner. No liquids other than water.

I lost tons of weight but after I hit my target goal of 145 I started packing it back on and after 6months went back up to 170. In retrospect I was dieting way too fast and in an unhealthy way, but I couldnt stop because of the results.

After getting back up to 170 I started dieting again. I did the same diet and within 2-3 weeks I was back at 160.

I then had a week off work and I went back up to 175 probably because I eat when im bored.

I started dieting again and now im back at 160. Yesterday I was watching TV and my vision went blurry and I couldnt read the words on the TV. I guess im overdoing it again even though my diet isnt as extreme.

Right now im ordering breakfast from a Diner for lunch. I eat one full egg and the yolk of another egg, 2 small pieces of brown toast and 5 pieces of skinny bacon
I also have some potato cube thingys that come with it. Maybe 10-15.

For dinner I have a small glass of juice with some apple cider vinegar and about 600 calories worth of food.

I want to get back to 150.

Any of you guys struggle with weight? You diet? How did it go?

WTF?... At my leanest in High School, I was wrestling 140's at 5'8", but I've always been the TST guy. My normal weight back then was 155-160. I haven't seen 160 in 20+ years. You must be thin as a rail. I did a bodyfat analysis recently and my lean body mass is around 160. I bet just a little light weight training would do wonders for you. Nothing crazy at first.

I heard something recently that's seems to be true, guys who can put on muscle easily, also put on fat easily if they aren't careful. My weight can shoot up in a hurry if I'm neglecting my diet. After leaving wrestling behind, I put on weight even though I was still active. I definitely was rocking the Kirby Puckett physique for a looooonggg time. People were always surprised that chubby dude like me could be so athletic. I know they meant it as a compliment, but it still stung a little.

I've always went to the gym, but I got serious last summer about diet and started running 5 days a week and it's help a lot. I'm tracking calories (In/Out) and it's working very well. The most important part for me about tracking calories is learning WTF is actually in the foods we eat. It's shocking at times to realize how many calories some foods have. Especially the kind of foods that are easy to binge eat.

I've pretty determined all the multitude of diets are pretty much bunk. If you're eating less calories than you expend each day, then you'll lose weight and vice-versa. I think the reason some diets work, like Paleo, Keto or Vegetarian, is because you're limiting yourself to foods that will fill you up quickly without consuming a ton of calories. I can eat a giant salad with a little chicken added and it'll be less calories than a Subway sandwich. And you're still starving after the sandwich, so you end up eating chips and maybe a cookie. So you're looking at 500-600 calories for the salad vs 1,200+ for the sandwich and chips. It's really as simple as that. The point is, when you start tracking calories, at least you know what's going on. So if you want to splurge on a meal and eat an entire pizza, then you can compensate before/after and earn it. Maybe up the exercise that day and the day after.

I'm currently at 190 and high teens (17%-19%) bodyfat. At 45, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. Would love to cut down to 180-175 eventually, but I'm in no hurry. As long as I'm slowly losing. No need to dump a bunch of weight, then rebound and end up higher than previously.

I used to. But I used to drink a lot. That puts the weight on. Now, I eat healthy because it makes me feel better and gives me more energy. But my weight is fine. I'm 15 lbs lighter than I was my senior year of high school. But I was playing hockey then, so I had to bulk up a bit.

diets don't work. only lifestyle changes work. a diet is like patching a flat tire that doesn't have any tread left instead of buying a new one.

WTF?... At my leanest in High School, I was wrestling 140's at 5'8", but I've always been the TST guy. My normal weight back then was 155-160. I haven't seen 160 in 20+ years. You must be thin as a rail. I did a bodyfat analysis recently and my lean body mass is around 160. I bet just a little light weight training would do wonders for you. Nothing crazy at first.

I heard something recently that's seems to be true, guys who can put on muscle easily, also put on fat easily if they aren't careful. My weight can shoot up in a hurry if I'm neglecting my diet. After leaving wrestling behind, I put on weight even though I was still active. I definitely was rocking the Kirby Puckett physique for a looooonggg time. People were always surprised that chubby dude like me could be so athletic. I know they meant it as a compliment, but it still stung a little.

I've always went to the gym, but I got serious last summer about diet and started running 5 days a week and it's help a lot. I'm tracking calories (In/Out) and it's working very well. The most important part for me about tracking calories is learning WTF is actually in the foods we eat. It's shocking at times to realize how many calories some foods have. Especially the kind of foods that are easy to binge eat.

I've pretty determined all the multitude of diets are pretty much bunk. If you're eating less calories than you expend each day, then you'll lose weight and vice-versa. I think the reason some diets work, like Paleo, Keto or Vegetarian, is because you're limiting yourself to foods that will fill you up quickly without consuming a ton of calories. I can eat a giant salad with a little chicken added and it'll be less calories than a Subway sandwich. And you're still starving after the sandwich, so you end up eating chips and maybe a cookie. So you're looking at 500-600 calories for the salad vs 1,200+ for the sandwich and chips. It's really as simple as that. The point is, when you start tracking calories, at least you know what's going on. So if you want to splurge on a meal and eat an entire pizza, then you can compensate before/after and earn it. Maybe up the exercise that day and the day after.

I'm currently at 190 and high teens (17%-19%) bodyfat. At 45, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. Would love to cut down to 180-175 eventually, but I'm in no hurry. As long as I'm slowly losing. No need to dump a bunch of weight, then rebound and end up higher than previously.

Im not thin as a rail thats the thing. I consider myself stocky at 160.

I used to eat subway for lunch every day when i gained weight so i agree with that. I would get 2 cookies and a drink with it. I stopped because it was too many calories like you said.

I do miss picking the veggies off my sub and makibg veggie platters but thats another story.

Im not thin as a rail thats the thing. I consider myself stocky at 160.

I used to eat subway for lunch every day when i gained weight so i agree with that. I would get 2 cookies and a drink with it. I stopped because it was too many calories like you said.

I do miss picking the veggies off my sub and makibg veggie platters but thats another story.

You can buy veggies at the grocery store

I am 5'10". I have a wide stocky frame with broad chest and shoulders.
Used to weigh 230, looked like an out of shape white Cormier after not leaving Popeye's for a week.
Started dieting and working out, i am now 210, target weight is 190.
Diet is not that strict, I just cut out crap products like mayo, chips and stuff like that, lowered overall intake, and do not eat after 20:00.

Yea I do. It's pretty easy for me but bulking up to a normal human size was hard as hell for me. I was 115-120 when I was in college and started lifting seriously. Now I'm 175 and have been as high as 210. I'm staying at 170-175 now I feel great at that way.

Dieting is pretty easy for me. I was never a big fan of eating in general. Don't get me wrong I enjoy food just my whole life I never really liked the act of eating just seemed like a burden. That's why I think now when I have to eat nasty shit or drink a nasty shake it's no big deal for me cause that's been my life for a long time. I honestly see eating as more of a burden and choir than anything.

Im a small guy. Im only 5"7 and I have a small frame. I shouldnt be anywhere over 155 and im probably better suited to 145-150. Im still bigger than a 12 year old girl.

So you're a twink you say????

I don't struggle with diet.

If I need to eat more or less to achieve my goals, I do so.

Because I am my own master, I live the life examined and I'm beholden to no thing and no one.

Good for you. I fell way the fuck off of going to the gym as soon as my kids were born. I even used to bench teh 275. Twins just wipe me out, no time or energy to workout like I used to. Any suggestions?

Home gym. I've probably spent $1500-$2000 on gym stuff throughout the years, but that's been since 2008 which isn't bad at all. It's out on my garage and the kids (now 3 and 5) are out there playing in the driveway and yard. With lifting, you can still do other things (yardwork, play with kids, etc.) as there is a lot of downtime in between sets. I used to run, hit the heavy bag, and other conditioning work. That's a lot harder to pull off with kids as there isn't the downtime in between sets.

Another thing is that I don't sit down after work. I get dinner ready before my wife and kids get home. We eat quickly and then it's time to lift and the kids to go outside. If I sit down and relax for a while, it's much harder.

The only real sugar I get is from the little glass of juice and the strawberry jam I put on my toast. I get brown toast is that ok?

I mean I am losing weight pretty fast on this diet so it cant be that bad.

I looked up dieting and blurry vision and it said its from lack of sugar so im not sure i should cut it all out
You can eat fruits and other vegetables with sugar. Just the refined sugars and other types of sugars like corn syrup and other additives. Anyway, good luck.

I got to the lightest I've ever been a few years back when I ran a boarding kennels, so was up and moving for most of the day (plus judo and gym). Got to 14st.

Now I'm sat in an office, and am a sweaty fat fucker. Probably around 16st right now, so ~30lbs north of where I want to be.

Last year I stopped eating potato's, pasta, bread and cut way down on rice and started eating more veg and generally natural stuff and went from 175lbs to 155lbs.

elQT1kH.jpg

Back