Do you diet? Struggle with your weight?

I'm always dieting, but not necessarily trying to lose weight.

When I used to compete in bodybuilding, I would walk around at 285-290lbs, and diet down to about 235lbs over the course of 20 weeks. Now that I'm a bit older and no longer have it in me to be that heavy, I try and keep my weight under 230lbs, but stay lean(ish) all year round.
What type of diet do you do when you cut?

What type of diet do you do when you cut?

I have tried virtually everything (Keto, Paleo, carb cycling etc), but over time, I realized that it basically just boils down to calories in vs. calories out. At the start of prep, I would taper my calories down by 500 per week (Normally I would start at 4200c), until I got down to 2200, and then I would keep it there until show time. About 2 weeks out from the show, I would drop sodium and carbs to minimize water retention until 48 hours before the contest (then I would carb up to restore glycogen and fill out).

For simplicity sake, I would eat the same food every day (normally canned salmon, oatmeal, protein shakes and veggies), but it wasn't because they were clean foods. I was just lazy and couldn't be bothered to think of new things to prepare each day.

I would also cycle clen and T3, but I would advise 99% of people against that due to the inherent dangers of fucking with your thyroid and metabolic rate. Plus, T3 is extremely catabolic, so unless you are on gear, you end up losing tremendous amounts of muscle as well.

I wouldnt say I eat unhealthy I just eat wayyyyyy too much sometimes. I also dont exercise cause im a lazy jagoff.

I wish I could find the motivation to exercise.

If a spicy chicken wrap and a chili cheese nachos from Wendy's is part of your diet plan, you probably eat unhealthy.

Can we turn this into a weight cutting thread? I'm about two weeks into my cut. Planning on getting down to a lean 180ish from 250+ currently. Dreamer bulk went haywire

Cutting from 250 to 180? JFC bud that's not exactly a 'cut'

I struggled for the first month.my stomach aint used to eating small food.now i lost like 15 lbs and im very happy.

Even at that size, eating at that type of deficit will fuck your hormonal balance and you'll stop producing test. You'll just get fatter, and this time with titties. Find your TDEE. Eat at a 500kcal deficit until you reach your optimal bf% and do some fucking push ups.

Check out these pipes bro

20170427_092130_zpsp5c8qwaw.jpg

Thats without working out! Swole!

Currently in the process of changing my eating habits, starting with switching to drinking water-only, unless I'm at a bar on the weekend.

Through doing that, eating a little less, and eating apples instead of unhealthy snacks, I've lost 11lbs in under two weeks - down to 187, without much working out.

If a spicy chicken wrap and a chili cheese nachos from Wendy's is part of your diet plan, you probably eat unhealthy.

I live life dominantly

I found if I ate too healthy I would get salt cravings so I compromised a little

I lift 5-6 days a week and remain fairly active with the kids + golf. I'm 34 now and never felt the need to diet, but I think I've made a lifestyle change to where I basically am Monday through Friday. I don't like feeling really full and sluggish at work, so I have a light breakfast, snacks (apple + almonds), and a light lunch. If I'm lifting that night, I have a light dinner as I don't want to be stuffed for the lifting session. I will snack that night though. I'm sure the calorie intake is pretty reasonable throughout the week. I yolo on the weekend, but I'm definitely lifting both days and likely doing other physical activities.

Ive been dieting for the past 3 weeks pretty hard. Awhile back I was getting pretty fat and I decided it was time for a serious diet. I was up to 180+ pounds at only 5"7. In 2 months I got down to 145.

My diet was a spicey chicken wrap and a chili cheese nacho from Wendys for lunch or some mixed berries. For dinner I would have a small or medium size serving of food. Some days I wouldnt even have dinner. No liquids other than water.

I lost tons of weight but after I hit my target goal of 145 I started packing it back on and after 6months went back up to 170. In retrospect I was dieting way too fast and in an unhealthy way, but I couldnt stop because of the results.

After getting back up to 170 I started dieting again. I did the same diet and within 2-3 weeks I was back at 160.

I then had a week off work and I went back up to 175 probably because I eat when im bored.

I started dieting again and now im back at 160. Yesterday I was watching TV and my vision went blurry and I couldnt read the words on the TV. I guess im overdoing it again even though my diet isnt as extreme.

Right now im ordering breakfast from a Diner for lunch. I eat one full egg and the yolk of another egg, 2 small pieces of brown toast and 5 pieces of skinny bacon
I also have some potato cube thingys that come with it. Maybe 10-15.

For dinner I have a small glass of juice with some apple cider vinegar and about 600 calories worth of food.

I want to get back to 150.

Any of you guys struggle with weight? You diet? How did it go?
Remove all sugar from your diet. You can eat bread, but it needs to be that grain bread like Ezekiel breads. I know some dudes will hate on grains but if you try and keep your sugars low it will definitely help keep your energy regulated and moods better due to the blood sugar elevations. Try and find foods that have no sugars or less than three grams of sugar per serving.

To answer the original question:

I'm 6' 170. I bike about 200ish miles a week. I do a push/pull routine 5 days a week. My kcal maintenance is about 3200. I eat roughly 150g of protein a day and whatever I want for the rest. I eat mostly poultry and vegetables and a post workout protein shake. I usually struggle to get enough fat, so on days when I don't, I have a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Some may find it boring, but feeling good outweighs eating extravagantly.

Remove all sugar from your diet. You can eat bread, but it needs to be that grain bread like Ezekiel breads. I know some dudes will hate on grains but if you try and keep your sugars low it will definitely help keep your energy regulated and moods better due to the blood sugar elevations. Try and find foods that have no sugars or less than three grams of sugar per serving.

The only real sugar I get is from the little glass of juice and the strawberry jam I put on my toast. I get brown toast is that ok?

I mean I am losing weight pretty fast on this diet so it cant be that bad.

I looked up dieting and blurry vision and it said its from lack of sugar so im not sure i should cut it all out

I also take creatine (helps on the bike and working out), vitamin D (helps with depression), L glutamine, fish oil and forskolin (helps with my shitty metabolism and blood pressure).

The only real sugar I get is from the little glass of juice and the strawberry jam I put on my toast. I get brown toast is that ok?

The looked up and dieting and blurry vision and it said its from lack of sugar so im not sure i should cut it all out
I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but you're not eating enough.

Do you ever smell ammonia when you work out?

I'm always dieting, but not necessarily trying to lose weight.

When I used to compete in bodybuilding, I would walk around at 285-290lbs, and diet down to about 235lbs over the course of 20 weeks. Now that I'm a bit older and no longer have it in me to be that heavy, I try and keep my weight under 230lbs, but stay lean(ish) all year round.

lol your also built like a jadgpanther

Losing weight is the easiest thing in the world, so no. I'll eat myself full and still lose weight with ease.

I looked up dieting and blurry vision and it said its from lack of sugar so im not sure i should cut it all out

Sugar isn't bad, but you should get it mainly through fruit. Get some blueberries and bananas. Fruits are also full of fibre. Don't be sacred, homie. If you want to stay full longer i recommend putting vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower) in the oven with spices for 30 minutes. No oil. Tastes delicious. I had to cut back on this because i lost too much weight.

I wouldnt say I eat unhealthy I just eat wayyyyyy too much sometimes. I also dont exercise cause im a lazy jagoff.

I wish I could find the motivation to exercise.
You have to mix in some exercise too man. It will kill time when you are not eatint, and you will burn more calories even when you are at rest.

Back