do you deserve more money if you dont draw?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Mighty mouse is one of the best fighters of this generation. But he just doesnt draw the numbers. What is the reason? I can tell you it isnt his size

Bantam and feather arent much bigger and they draw fine. They also both have several big names. Also, if a womans BW can draw, a mens FW can draw too. Im sick of this generic throwaway of an explanation.

His personality isnt terrible. He isnt into pro wrestling promos and he isnt flashy. But hes not abysmal.

Honestly, i think it comes down to 2 things.

1. The ufc has not promoted him accordingly.

2. He is so good that when he beats ppl up it is so one sided it becomes boring.

Whatever it is the fans arent obligated to watch him. Therefore how does he deserve more cash?

Of course you don't. If cruz tj or Cody gardersnake went down to 125 mighty mouse would be out of a job

Hell No. You're worth what the market says you're worth. /Thread get the fuck outta here and fuck anybody that says different.

DJ needs a rival. A 5'3" version of Chael Sonnen that people are emotionally invested in seeing DJ beat. If he had a rival and beat him and had some wins against elite 135 lbers there's a chance he could be a bigger draw. Anderson put on plenty of exciting fights but only started to draw later in his career. The Sonnen fights and the emphatic wins against Griffin did a lot for him.

However with all that skill, talent, streak, etc if he's not a draw after 10 consecutive defenses he probably won't ever be one. Can't police what people like, just the way it is.

Mighty Mouse would rather promote his twitch business gaming channel than himself as fighter. He deserves whatever he gets as a UFC fighter.

F*k you all, you deserve good money because you fight professionally and you good at it...

No matter how boring they are, the best guys should make the most money. It doesnt work like that unfortunately. I get it. I see both sides.

Hell No. You're worth what the market says you're worth. /Thread get the fuck outta here and fuck anybody that says different.

So what is that precentage U think? For all we know MM gets a very small % of what he generates for the UFC. 1 mil viewers + a gate of 1.5 mil equals what $? If MM gets paid 10% of what he earns for the UFC per show is that OK? Conor also might just get paid a small precentage of what he generates btw.

So what is that precentage U think? For all we know MM gets a very small % of what he generates for the UFC. 1 mil viewers + a gate of 1.5 mil equals what $? If MM gets paid 10% of what he earns for the UFC per show is that OK? Conor also might just get paid a small precentage of what he generates btw.
I think people greatly underestimate the costs of running a business. Are you factoring in insurance, lawyers, doctors, marketing team, web design team etc etc. People see the revenue and think that it's mostly profit. I'd branch out to say a lot of undercard fighters don't even draw enough to cover the cost of the referee. Also the general rule of thumb in business is that if your employees aren't generating 10x what you pay them, you're not gonna do well. Also, if he doesn't like the pay, refuse to fight. Nobody forces you to sign your name for the amount they offer. Test the market and if it doesn't give you the numbers you like either start your own promotion or shut the fuck up. Ok. OK?

Lets look at it like this;say you are a salesman, and you are expected to sell a certain amount, and you are always short, costing the business money.. You're going to get demoted... ... ... I don't necessarily agree with it, but that is how business works.

Fighters don't 'deserve' any money, truth be told. Would I like to see great fighters be paid well regardless of their drawing power or lack thereof? Sure.

1. The ufc has not promoted him accordingly.
They're promoting him as the best fighter in the world, what else could they be doing to promote him?

The UFC only give extra promotional pushes to fighter that promote themselves....Press conference, interviews, embedded, weigh-in, fight...He has the same oppertunities to stand out as everyone else

There Are many things... they could obviously promote him more, but MM is the size of an 11 year old boy. Cupcake Miesha Tate is much bigger than him.

Of course he is very good for his weightclass, but very few people know or have ever seen anyone as small as MM in real life. It is very hard to relate to a guy that calls himself the greatest fighter of all time, when every top 100 normal sized mma figher would beat him.

the ufc has done a piss poor job of promoting the fighters other then the selected few.

There Are many things... they could obviously promote him more, but MM is the size of an 11 year old boy. Cupcake Miesha Tate is much bigger than him.

Of course he is very good for his weightclass, but very few people know or have ever seen anyone as small as MM in real life. It is very hard to relate to a guy that calls himself the greatest fighter of all time, when every top 100 normal sized mma figher would beat him.

Can you say more about this? In what way do you need to relate to a fighter to watch his or her fights? Most MMA viewers are male; I would expect them to relate more easily to another male, even if he's short, than to a female, yet even detractors of women's MMA don't complain about their inability to relate to the fighters.

Can you say more about this? In what way do you need to relate to a fighter to watch his or her fights? Most MMA viewers are male; I would expect them to relate more easily to another male, even if he's short, than to a female, yet even detractors of women's MMA don't complain about their inability to relate to the fighters.
First of all, I do respect flws, And want them to earn money And do well. And I relate to women, but I still like male sports more.

However, that is not the point. MM is so small, that people rarely know or see anyone as small as him. 5.3, 125 lbs for a grown up man is very unnatural And very uncommon. It is like comparing the Paralympics to the olympics. The athletes do great things, And we want them to succeed too, but we still don't care too much. (I know The example is a bit extreme, but it was to prove my point).

I believe this is the reason people don't relate to MM.

I think people greatly underestimate the costs of running a business. Are you factoring in insurance, lawyers, doctors, marketing team, web design team etc etc. People see the revenue and think that it's mostly profit. I'd branch out to say a lot of undercard fighters don't even draw enough to cover the cost of the referee. Also the general rule of thumb in business is that if your employees aren't generating 10x what you pay them, you're not gonna do well. Also, if he doesn't like the pay, refuse to fight. Nobody forces you to sign your name for the amount they offer. Test the market and if it doesn't give you the numbers you like either start your own promotion or shut the fuck up. Ok. OK?

Offcours thers costs to running a company like UFC, but if the costs was that great compared to what comes in UFC would not be worth 4,2 bill $. I think. I get youre point, "youre worth what the market is willing to pay" all though I dont agree with that statement 100% of the time.

They're promoting him as the best fighter in the world, what else could they be doing to promote him?

The UFC only give extra promotional pushes to fighter that promote themselves....Press conference, interviews, embedded, weigh-in, fight...He has the same oppertunities to stand out as everyone else

Yes they promote him like that but not enough and with not enough effort.

As far as relatability i dont see how that is a factor. There are more small men than large. Women are draws in mma. Male dominant viewers. Doesnt make sense as an argument.

He doesn't draw cause he doesn't draw. He doesn't have X factor like Connor has Nor is he normal human size like BW and above. He's 5feet2. A small chael sonnen would help the division. Just fold it and force them to move up to 135 or cut them.

I mean what's going to happen to the UFC? Bellator doesn't even have a flyweight cause it doesn't generate interest or money.

It is like comparing the Paralympics to the olympics. The athletes do great things, And we want them to succeed too, but we still don't care too much. (I know The example is a bit extreme, but it was to prove my point).

I believe this is the reason people don't relate to MM.

I believe your analogy isn't just extreme but misleading. The athletes in the Paraolympics are obviously working under an unmitigated handicap and will never equal the regular Olympians in terms of performance. The case with flyweights is more nuanced. Their size is a drawback for some of the tasks fighters perform: they notch very few knockouts. On the other hand, their speed and endurance are unmatched. No 200 lbs. fighter will ever move like Mighty Mouse or keep the pace he sets. So in some respects their performance is clearly superior to the norm for their profession.

Back