Do you consider yourself an MMA purist?

Is an "mma purist" like a "true fan," "alpha" men and "beta" men?

I consider myself an NHB purist. The NHB of the 90s was the best form of this sport.

A purist is one who desires that an item remains true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences.
then i am not.

and i mock NL 'purists' for mocking the designated hitter. and if i ever ran into a basketball fan who mocked the 3 point shot, i'd mock him too. and the NFL got better when when they changed the rules from 1983-1993 to make it more passer friendly.

sports evolve. and that's a rational thing. the right set of rules is better than the least # of rules. and if that makes me less of a purist, i'm ok with that less of a label.

and currently there are a number of rules i'd like to see changed, that would make it a better sport.

I like all combat sports. I like MMA more than the rest, but don't really understand how people could like boxing but not like MMA at all.

The only complaint I hear from boxing-only guys I know is usually something about "humping" another guy because they watched MMA once and it was a wrestle-fest. So they never tried to watch again.

then i am not.

and i mock NL 'purists' for mocking the designated hitter. and if i ever ran into a basketball fan who mocked the 3 point shot, i'd mock him too. and the NFL got better when when they changed the rules from 1983-1993 to make it more passer friendly.

sports evolve. and that's a rational thing. the right set of rules is better than the least # of rules. and if that makes me less of a purist, i'm ok with that less of a label.

and currently there are a number of rules i'd like to see changed, that would make it a better sport.

This all day long.

Well kinda yeah....

i gravitate towards Martial Artists, guys who fight to prove there the best not just for a payday. That show they believe in the honor, integrity, and the courage and heart to battle thru adversity.

a modern day bushido warrior.

Every Sunday evening I watch Sakuraba vs Royce.

You tell me.

Don't need "purist" tag, i'm fan of the sport, some others are fan of the circus

And sadly a clown is at the helm

Hackney-smashing-Joe-Sons-balls.gif
Hackney hackin Joe Son's Bulgogi. too bad it didn't happen years before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back