Do you care that the ufc got rid of Leslie smith ?

If you're gonna cancel a fight + extra pay because you're not gonna fight someone 1.8lbs heavier than you, I couldn't care less if they let you go.

Imagine if Royce Gracie made a fuss over weight? Even the heavyweight division has a 55lbs weight difference, yet they just get on with it. If your opponent comes in at the weight of a different weight class fine, but if it's 1.8lbs and you're a FIGHTER then just fight, or if you don't then accept the consequences.

I thought the very same thing at first. 1.8lbs, what the big deal, she's getting an extra 20% and was offered an extra 5k. Didn't get it and couldn't understand a scrapper like Leslie not stepping up.

However , this weight cutting thing has got to change. Reading some recent stats it looks like fighters who step up against those who miss weight are at a HUGE disadvantage! The last 10 fights where someone has missed weight, only once has the person who stepped up to take the fight ( the one who made the cut) won the bout. The other 9 times the fight was won by the fighter who missed weight. There's obviously a big advantage not cutting the last couple of pounds.

What does bother me about this is the UFC is sending a message to fighters that they better step up and take the fight or face the consequences.

On the flip side, a very smart coach knowing a opponent will be more likely to still fight because of this...... May just have his fighter not push quite as hard to make weight in a very difficult bout. Not very often but it can be used as an ace. Knowing the bout is likely to still happen, not cutting the last couple of pounds certainly would be an advantage . It could be possible this just opened up a whole new can or worms. Perhaps we'll see ven more fighters miss weight in the future.

Totally hypothetical for sure. However if fighters will be more scared not to step up when the opponent misses weight in case they get walking papers. Then fighters and coaches alike don't has as much worry about the bout being cancelled if they miss weight. Sure can see this being used as another strategy now.

Unfortunately no. I'm not concerned about the vast majority of women's MMA fighters. Hate to sound chauvinistic but frankly they're just generally not any fun to watch.

Not a shitty record in any meaningful way. She was on a three fight win streak in her division, with the most recent fight a TKO win and the fight before that a FOTN victory. That wasn't her only TKO in the UFC either, she also had this one:

GoodnaturedSlipperyDorking.gif

She's tough too. She begged the cage-side doctor to allow her to keep fighting despite her ear was hanging half off (her cauliflower ear had exploded, spurting blood):

bloody_sport_02.gif
Oh my fuck! Why have I never seen this before?

I care in that I want WMMA removed from the UFC so this is a start.

They shouldn't have cut her because she was on a two win streak.

She was on a winning streak and they cut her for political reasons. UFC are as unethical as they come. She can do better at Bellator.

Well the people (shills) that are saying that nobody cares are showing you how much they in fact DO care. They care to come in on all Leslie Smith threads and get in before anyone else and drown out all other POVs on the matter with "who cares" or "she deserved it" variations.

They may not care to come and defend her but they sure as shit care enough to post against her and Pro UFC shit fast, so don't believe what Zuffa Zombies sell.

Will I miss her fights?
No

Do I care that the UFC is a mega-corp that treats employees like shit?
Yes

Nope could careless wish they would keep going with the rest of the woman’s division.

Nope. Nothing of value was lost that day. Her performances speak for themselves, she’s never beat anything better than mediocre competition anyway.
She's not a great fighter but she was a decent gatekeeper, 1 step below the Kaufman's and Davis' of the world. People like that are good measuring sticks for up and comers (see: Irene Aldana).

Nobody cares.

Oh shti edit.... I was too harsh. Leslie cares.

2-3 Threads on the subject, it might be the first time a fight is cancelled because of a fighter missing weight and rival not taking the catchweight fight, also she mentioned rules in NJ were different i think, so she got full money without fighting, but now is out of a job, a few claim that she was going to get cut anyway because of her stuff outside of the cage, hearing the interview she sounds like a troublemaker employee, thing is, she wasnt a draw.

Seriously... She even admitted to being a bitch about everything leading up to the fight this week.
<{hughesimpress}>

She's 35, time for her to find something else to do.

oaoGR_s-200x150.gif
Certainly won't lose sleep over it...

UFC brass are assholes for pulling that crap, but I don’t care.

Back