Do you Care that Cruz is Out?

I think his fighting style is a very large part of the reason that his body is failing him. It's way too spastic and winging. Furthermore, fighting at 135 lbs isn't doing him any favors either. He'd probably benefit by putting on a little bit of mass and changing his style. It's too late for that most likely though.

His unique style always makes for interesting fights. I'd love to see rematches with Cody and TJ, but it doesn't look like that'll ever happen.

He is one of my all time favorites, so it sucks to see him sidelined over and over again.

The dude is made of Papier-mâché and must have really unsafe training methods.

nope. never thought he was coming back after losing to cody because he knew UFC wouldn't give him an immediate title fight. cruz knows that at this point any top ranked fighter will KO him

also don't get this cruz narrative. nobody liked the guy when he was in his prime. boring point fighter, basically DJ before DJ got his own division

I like Dom, but this is business as usual for him. Hopefully this means we'll get him back on commentary because it has been sucking shit lately

Never cared or rated cruz.. hope the best for him and his healthy but dont care to see him fight personally

I am glad he is gone, if Thiago Santos can cut the weight he can win the title at Bantomweight now

No, but only cause I didn't think he'd make it to fight night anyway. I like watching him fight, but it happens so rarely now that it's hard to get hyped for it.

His body isn’t meant for the sport. He might have been an all time great had he stayed healthy. Him and Cain are both what ifs for me.

I feel bad for him but his time is sadly over. In the lighter weight classes, just a fractional loss in speed and reflexes is a killer, especially for a style like his. He's now well over 30 and has had multiple injuries including ACL. He didn't look the same in his last fight and it will only get worse.

His body isn’t meant for the sport. He might have been an all time great had he stayed healthy. Him and Cain are both what ifs for me.

Due to the age of most HWs, Cain has a lot better chance of coming back, but given his injuries and inactivity, who knows how he'll do or if he'll ever fight again.

I care because I don't want to see good fighters not fighting. This is a former champion who if fighting would add to the interest in the division and add to the possibility of more interesting fights for the fans. Obviously the longer someone is gone you begin to care less about them. We may not see him at the level he was but hopefully we see him back competing.

No. His injuries are unfortunate; but he's more suited for knitting at this point. And any of you calling him the goat BW.. fuck outta here.. Dude would be fringe top 15 at this point if he fought regularly and wasn't gifted his rank by sitting on the sidelines.

At this point he just is delaying fighter's ascension. I realize he's not doing it on purpose obviously but he's either not training correctly or his body is not cut out for fighting. The fact that he get puts in main card fights and pulls out 90% of the time is irritating me. The thing that tops it off is his self entitlement to title shots when odds are he pulls out and pulls the main event. Cain at least has a style that's exciting so when he does show up it should be a good fight but with Cruz you see a dancing lesson. I'm not denying Cruz is a top 5 BW but cmon dude, just retire. People aren't clamoring for your return.

No. I'd prefer if arrogant pull-out merchants did not fight or commentate in the UFC.

Dominick Cruz is a

giphy.gif

I’m not fussed that Cruz is gonna be out again... like his work as a commentator so look forward to more of that

Yes, he's a top competitor and a class guy. Sucks to see anybody have to go through so many injuries trying to pursue their dreams and career. Same for Cain Velasquez, or any other athlete.

Back