Do you Care that Cruz is Out?

Do you Care that Cruz is Out?

<Fedor23>
meh, at this point it's commonplace that cruz won't make it to fights, just like the divaz bros—except at least with Cruz there's a chance he just may not get injured and might actually fight; with nick and nate it's almost a given that it won't happen regardless

The injury rate in MMA is 100%

Cruz has had some tough injuries. Most seemed to occur in training. Hell, he's had a great career and should seriously consider retirement. If you lose speed and are under 155 you can be in serious trouble.

I don't really like him on the mic, but he can do that for awhile.

I saw him beat down someone practice on youtube. It was basically a fight. If he does that weekly I guess anyone would get injured a lot.
But who knows, maybe he hurt himself doing something casual.

I cared enough to watch liniker retire him, but he did that to himself. LOL

I certainly won't shed a tear. Cruz fans can just watch a combination of WMMA and Dancing With the Stars to fill their need for boring decisions and exhausting yet nonthreatening movement.

At this point he just is delaying fighter's ascension. I realize he's not doing it on purpose obviously but he's either not training correctly or his body is not cut out for fighting. The fact that he get puts in main card fights and pulls out 90% of the time is irritating me. The thing that tops it off is his self entitlement to title shots when odds are he pulls out and pulls the main event. Cain at least has a style that's exciting so when he does show up it should be a good fight but with Cruz you see a dancing lesson. I'm not denying Cruz is a top 5 BW but cmon dude, just retire. People aren't clamoring for your return.
nope

I had this whole thing written out, but my browser refreshed, and it went kapoot. The compact version is going to make me sound like a dick, but I'm not writing all that out again. So readers disclaimer, and respect to Dom.

At this point he's more trouble then he's worth. He's always hurt, and when he isn't he's calling for title shots. He likes to call people out on choosing easy contenders, but did just that when he held the title. Called out Uriah who was number who knows what at the time, followed by #7 Cody Garbrandt when TJ had already earned a shot and Assuncao was waiting for one as well. Allow the man to keep fighting if he wants. Even let him fight some cans so he can make some money and go out with his legacy intact, but keep this man away from the title.

I wish him a full recovery. I was looking forward to the Lineker fight. I also agree that when he comes back, he should not get an immediate title shot

nahh, he's boring as fuck and they gave him a free pass against "nothing but hooks" Lineker, which would have set him up for a TS after dancing his way to a win

keep the division moving and let TJ fight the active contenders

the only con from this is we may have to hear some more of his terrible commentary

Yes, i wanted him to rematch TJ.

this sucks. seems he keeps trying to get back in championship shape but it costs him big to do so. the injuries hes been getting are major so everytime he recovers, he has to play catch up to were he was. imo as long as he has a commentator or analyst gig he should retire.

i would hate to see him come back less than himself and get a loss. this sports fans are unforgiving and cruz dosnt deserve that

Personally no. Great fighter but his style is beyond ugly to watch. It would still be fun to see him against Cody and TJ again though.

He is training at an extremely high level to remain relevant at the top of the division, but his body fails him. I don't really care too much for his fights because he is a point fighter that hardly gets the finish anyway. I personally do not think he will ever regain the belt, he will be limited in training and I think Dillashaw beats him in a rematch.

Cain has a more exciting style than Cruz?!?

giphy.gif

i'm used to it, no hard feelings.
he should hang em up, goat BW.

At this point he just is delaying fighter's ascension. I realize he's not doing it on purpose obviously but he's either not training correctly or his body is not cut out for fighting. The fact that he get puts in main card fights and pulls out 90% of the time is irritating me. The thing that tops it off is his self entitlement to title shots when odds are he pulls out and pulls the main event. Cain at least has a style that's exciting so when he does show up it should be a good fight but with Cruz you see a dancing lesson. I'm not denying Cruz is a top 5 BW but cmon dude, just retire. People aren't clamoring for your return.
I thought he was already out ....before I read he was out.

Back