Do you care if you make mistakes at work?

Very much so as I take pride in my work and its annoying working with people that just come to fuck around. These are also the same people that complain about not getting raises/promotions. Luckily I work in a place where for the most part people care.

I used to work for the government for years and it was a shitshow as nobody had any accountability as it was nearly impossible to get fired. It was an extremely toxic environment.

Yes because i am self employed and don't want a bad rep

As a business owner, one of the trait from employees I find most problematic is one that shift blames. My problem with that is the employee who make mistake isn't willing to own up to it, and thus does not have the opportunity to acknowledge and grow from it and very likely to make the same mistake again. This is why, when I make a mistake, I make a conscious effort to point it out and state what I could have done differently to avoid the mistake.
I have a lot of employees and this is the one thing I hate, but unfortunately it's becoming more common.

Blaming others for everything bad that happens to you is a guaranteed path to loserville.

But young people generally have a very hard time with this concept. I've had to fire some really smart kids because they couldn't get this through their skull

I remember one time I was leaving to go on vacation for a little over a week. On my way to the airport I realized I forgot to put my out of office message up at work. This is especially important because I deal with corporate and customers daily. I therefore reached out to the only salary level person I could get ahold of at the time who also happened not to be the brightest bulb either to login to my computer and put it up.

Damn idiot screwed up the dates and had multiple misspellings. As much as I tried to brush it off when I got back, that shit really had me peeved

Last edited:
i make a mistake at work, someone dies. so i try not to make mistakes.

I’m losing my patience with customers almost every day, which is pretty much the biggest mistake in customer service. Is sucks. With 20 years of experience I should be more professional by now.

I work as a proofreader, so it's not that it has any actual consequences if I make a mistake. No one dies. But I still hate myself if I realize I made a mistake, and I think about it for hours. Misplaced commas can literally ruin my sleep.

I feel satisfaction on having my work well done. I also like it when I feel my work is useful and makes people happy.

Making mistakes, even small ones, bothers me.

And i already had jobs where mistakes could be a matter of life or death, so better watch what you do.

Yes, a dark cloud descends and it can take weeks to lift. Few things in life bother me like making mistakes at work.

I expected more from Finland.
Please dont. There is a huge building boom going on and anyone who can hold a broom gets hired.
Ill give you a run town of interesting situations at work for last two months(that i can think about)

-romanians taking a shit in the apartment in the corners of the room that costs nearly million euros because they too lazy to go to a toilet

-Russians had taken a piss into the isolation thing in the wall that muffs the sound between apartments and because of that there was mildew fungus everywhere and wall had to be torn down.

-finnish carpenter beating up 3 russians because they stole his lunch food for a week straight.

-pretty much everyone being drunk or high as fuck starting from management.

Yeah its been interesting lol
Pk-seutu?

Please dont. There is a huge building boom going on and anyone who can hold a broom gets hired.

Pk-seutu?

Kyl vitus,en sano aluet mis duunis mut yhel niissä isoimmissa

Yeah, I definitely care. Just on a practical level, small errors have the potential to snowball and bite you in the ass later down the road so it's better to address them as early as possible. However, if nothing else, I get satisfaction in a job well done.

I'm a brain surgeon, so no.

Absoblutely not. See below.

I used to work for the government for years and it was a shitshow as nobody had any accountability as it was nearly impossible to get fired. It was an extremely toxic environment.

If I make a mistake at work people die... to answer your question, no, I don't care...

Yes I do! I make cider for a living and would rather not want people getting sick or hating the product.

Back