Do you care if fighters are douchebags? Is that a criteria for your interest level in watching them?

Pride was more like WWF than UFC was in the early 2000s. UFC thinks that what all you Pride nuthuggers want, so they are giving it to you.

Nope.

Fake wrestling is fake.

Pride was HYPE...but not in a fake manner.

The production value alone was fucking STELLAR.

WAR prime Pride

It depends on how much of an asshole you are.

I'm a Jones, McGregor, Covington and Necktat hater.

While I don't have any problems with Bisping, Sonnen or Lewis.

But Bisping hit a deaf person and Chael no hespect nothin.

I hate fakes. Shitty people who are painted as or paint themselves as good people. Jones and Rousey come to mind. I will always tune in to watch them lose.

If you're gonna be a shit then at least embrace it.

It's pretty dumb to judge fighters on personas they put forward......

For instance there are many nice guys who are dicks in REAL life and vice versa.Unless you've met them you don't know them at all.

Guys who play the heel like Covington are doing it to get press.

I watch douchebags in hopes they will get seriously hurt, so I can revel in schadenfreude. They take my PPV money, I get enjoyment from their misery. Seems fair.

It certainly effects who I cheer for.

But I usually have little care or understanding for their backstory.

I very much care about how they Carry themselves in the cage.

Conor level? Yes I care and it turns me off to the fighter. Bisbing level? Neutral.

Meh, don't care. There are many douchebags who are super boring fighters and nice guys who are savages in the cage.

Honestly, I tend to ignore asshole fighters. I skipped most of Conor's PPVs because I found him annoying. He's very fun to watch fight but he's insufferable to hear talk. That's just me tho.

It depends on how much of an asshole you are.

I'm a Jones, McGregor, Covington and Necktat hater.

While I don't have any problems with Bisping, Sonnen or Lewis.
Same.

Even if all the guys you mentionned act like assholes to sell fights, the guys you mentionned above are worst because they also seem to be assholes in real life too.

Bisping, Sonnen.. They can talk a lot of shit to sell a fight but they still respect their opponents most of the time. And they also seem like great guys in real life.

If they're a dick I'd probably root against them, but as long as you're an entertaining fighter I'll enjoy your fights

For the most part no, no one is perfect but there is a cut off line somewhere, where if they are shitty enough of a human being *cough* Jon Jones *cough* I might not root for them anymore

While I respect the viewpoint of wanting to watch fights regardless of whether or not a given fighter or fighters are assholes, I simply cannot do that.

I find myself rooting against assholes and rooting for class acts.

Ultimate fighter: Team assholes vs team class acts

I generally don’t care too much, since the douchebag persona is often an act or attempt to get eyes on a fighter. I like guys like Kevin Lee who sometimes have a whiff of douche about them, to be honest.

I only actively cheer against a fighter if I really hate watching them or they are the type of douche who commits certain types of crimes.

If someone is an unrelenting asshole, I'll probably pay less attention to anything that involves them. On the other hand, there are several fighters that are widely considered to be down-to-earth and humble that I can't stand the sight of and I pay even less attention to them than I do the douchebags. It all depends on what I perceive of their personalities combined with how I view them as fighters.

Back