Do you believe Ngannou is older than he claims to be?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not as a gag or joke, but you legit believe he's older since records from places like Cameroon aren't exactly air tight.

He claims to be 31.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if he was. I'm from Congo and lying about your age when asking for asylum in another country is almost common practice...of course it depends on your situation.

I literally don't care and don't see why he would lie about his age to the UFC. Depending on where he is from, maybe he doesn't actually know his birth year and it's an educated guess.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was. I'm from Congo and lying about your age when asking for asylum in another country is almost common practice...of course it depends on your situation.
Well there you have it. I think the thread got nailed with your first reply.

This thread would have been better if you included the age that he claims to be.

No, but Aldo and Barao are.

It’s the HW division, age doesn’t matter, these big guys don’t hit te prime until 40ish anyways...
<{anton}>

it's not little league, so not sure what the competitive advantage would be or why it would matter

Cheick Kongo looked like a beast too. Then everyone considered him a bum. He was so scared of Frank Mir he couldn't even look him in the eye.

I'd guess mid 30s, he looks a bit older to me, but I also know people personally who look older and younger than they actually are. So who knows ?

It should be clarified that age issues aren't always malicious or lies. Lots of people are simply not registered at birth and may not have the need to get proper ID until nobody knows for sure when they were born. Without the Western education system and labour laws, there is almost no point in knowing your birthday.

Edit : it was also pretty common in the West just a few generations ago. There are often cases of supercentenarians who turn out to be "very old but not that old" people with wrong or half-assed birth records.

Last edited:
If a guy approaching thirty that wants to make it in sports could lie about it, he would be stupid not to do it.

Boxing trainers would be more wiling to spend time on a younger guy.

giphy.gif

Back