Do you believe in ghosts?

???

• Total voters
Fair, but that would mean all we have to go on are eye witness accounts or anecdotes. That's not good enough
Well yeah I agree, that's not really proof. Was just saying that just because you can't physically measure or interact with ghosts, doesn't mean it's impossible for them to exist. I'm not convinced by people's ghost stories either though. People really love superstitious nonsense.

@Clippy

il_340x270.1623094689_jth2.jpg

Ghosts threw in the towel when Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack went off the air.

I don't beleive in ghosts but I used to find some ectoplasm on my bedsheets from time to time

Well yeah I agree, that's not really proof. Was just saying that just because you can't physically measure or interact with ghosts, doesn't mean it's impossible for them to exist. I'm not convinced by people's ghost stories either though. People really love superstitious nonsense.

Yea, like I said, I like to keep an open mind. Could be supernatural things we just can't explain with science yet.

If I went back a few millenia and mentioned radio waves and electricity, I'd be the town kook!

Hmmm. Maybe?

I will say. It seems that people who go to like haunted places swear that they are actually haunted

Seems like its just a different energy in those kind of places. Maybe not necessarily ghosts tho

Even walking through a cemetery. I’ve done that. Its a different kind of vibe

You have discussed it

And by your own admission

<DCWhoa>
No, meant I don't believe in ghosts because I'm not retarded. Discussing it is fun.

I really wish that ghosts and magic and psychic phenomena were real, but they aren't.

I was always dissmissive of ghosts, as all the people I know into the subject are always a certain type of person. For example believe they are a witch because they studied a bit of Wicca after watching the craft lol. That and that there's no proof besides dodgy photos of orbs.
But I am heavily now in to paranormal podcasts and and very often the interviews with people who have had incidents of haunting are amazing. I know this isn't proof either, but I'm more willing to believe someone who had no interest in ghosts then had strange ocurences happen, than some goth with a hobby.

In 2018 we have very robust ways of examining reality. The fact that the best evidence we have for "ghosts" comes from overly dramatic tell-all shows on the Oprah Winfrey network says it all.

The endure concept of ghosts is retarded and presumes that human life is special. We aren't special. We're just another life form on Earth.

Do dogs and cats get ghosts?
Do birds?
What about intelligent social creatures like dolphins or elephants?
What about animals that aren't smart but are social?
Do spiders get ghosts?
What about plant life?

Once you start going down this irrational path of idiocy you will inevitably wind up having to make stupid choices like above.

Ghosts as dead humans wandering in the afterlife and interacting - No

I've seen a lot of interesting stuff over the years though and I wouldn't be surprised if we find there is some type of energy manifestation that can get left behind like an imprint. Similar to how records are just sound vibrations cut into vinyl, there may be a way for life-energy to make a similar imprint.

When we see ghosts, it may simply be an imprint playing back like a record or video tape. Most sightings are benign and it's just seeing a ghost walking down a hall or standing around. For the people that have studied ghosts seriously, there is an increased magnetic response when ghosts are seen and this may be the key to getting to watch "ghosts".

Just like you need a needle to go into a groove to listen to a vinyl record, maybe one day (if that's what it is), we can have some kind of electric field generator device to watch ghosts.
Why would you assume that even if what is reported was true that it was a ghost? Would it not be more plausible to consider that it was actually you seeing charged particles hitting a magnetic field? We know this occurs... its called the northern lights or the Aurora Borealis.

I absolutely believe although I have no clue what constitutes a "ghost". I grew up in a haunted house in Northeastern Pennsylvania. My parents still live there. I get why people call bullshit, but through the years friends and relatives got to hear and see the same crap that we did. Seeing a black shadow, hearing footsteps, etc etc. I've also seen and heard things outside of that house and thankfully often had someone with me as witness. I posted on here before about experiences that I've had.

Back