Do you believe Chael's theory on GSP now?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't have time to find it but you can look it up on Youtube. Basically Chael says GSP was making a six figure passive income per month from his sponsors. A lot of his big money sponsors signed him to 5 year deals and they were coming up and no one was interested in renewing them since he was no longer relevant. So GSP needed to get in there to fight to become relevant again so he can renew his contracts. The stars lined up for him to fight MW champ Bisping and we all know the result. Now, just 30 days removed, he's already vacated the belt and the rumor mills are saying that he might never ever fight again. Seems like a money grab to me and Chael was right. Thoughts?

Congrats to GSP for grabbing some EZ money.

that paperchase.

I really don't know why people are doubting GSP when he says he has colitis. I mean, GSP was complaining about vomiting before the fight, before he even brought up colitis. If this was some excuse he'd conjured, I would have expected him to say he'd been suffering from colitis in the post fight interviews, which he didn't.

I believe that GSP gave 185 an honest effort, and had he felt good and his heavier build agreed with him, he would have definitely fought Robert Whitaker. But he didn't look good with the extra weight and he has health problems.

Colitis is a serious disease. Why are we automatically assuming GSP doesn't have colitis? Does anyone have any evidence? I'm sure the UFC are getting their doctors to look at GSP -- if Dana White could prove GSP was lying about having colitis, he would. Trust me, DFW hates GSP for some reason.

I honestly have no problem with him if he doesn’t fight again. I have no idea why anyone else does. Dude retired and didn’t have to come back st all. He came back and put on a great performance so props to him.

such honor and nobleity.....heart of a champ right there......<Lmaoo>

I don't have time to find it but you can look it up on Youtube. Basically Chael says GSP was making a six figure passive income per month from his sponsors. A lot of his big money sponsors signed him to 5 year deals and they were coming up and no one was interested in renewing them since he was no longer relevant. So GSP needed to get in there to fight to become relevant again so he can renew his contracts. The stars lined up for him to fight MW champ Bisping and we all know the result. Now, just 30 days removed, he's already vacated the belt and the rumor mills are saying that he might never ever fight again. Seems like a money grab to me and Chael was right. Thoughts?

I got to see GSP in a pretty darned good fight.

Glad he is getting paid.

Chael is right most of the time

It's called being smart, working hard, hustling your ass off and making money.

Something most people aren't willing to do.

The shit isn't just going to land in your lap.

Hopefully his sponsors sign him up for another five years.

Sounds plausible to me. And, why is that a bad thing?

Makes sense. GSP saw an opportunity to fight the worst MMA champ in the last few years, grab some cash, and grab another belt. No way he takes that fight if a real top 5 MW was the champ. All the other nonsense about defending the belt was just a lie so he didn't come off as some ducking opportunist that cut the line and won a belt in the cheapest way possible.

To me it doesn't matter what his original intention was. He looked horrible at Middleweight even though he won. He shouldn't fight at 185 again. He should be fighting at welterweight, period. Hopefully we get to see him fight again at his normal weight.

If true, good on him, he played it all perfectly.

Got one over on the UFC and sponsors, all the while not needing to stoop down and become the MMA Kim Kardashian, like Conor.

Lol. People actually believe Chael when he talks?

Back