Do You Actually Care About The Fighter's Well Being? Be honest

Funny question.

On the side of bodily harm no.

On the side of getting paid right to take said bodily harm. Absolutely

In terms of pay I don't
Grown men/women making their own choices.
I like fights.

Obviously, I'm human so when shit like Rashad Evans vs Sean Salmon Faber vs Mizugaki happens I get concerned. Those are edge cases though.

The shit about the pay and unions and blah blah blah ... doesn't concern me at all. That's a them problem, not a me problem.
I do not give one good fuck about any of these people. Fuck them, their sob stories, and their stupid fuckin kids. I just want to watch two maniacs beat the fuck out of each other on Saturday night, so I'll play along and pretend to give a fuck about their lives. But, when the dust settles, my emotional interest in this sport isn't much more than this

<{JustBleed}>

Lee via RNC Rd 3
Hope it's a bloody one.
My thoughts exactly, whenever fighter pay gets brought up I don't even pretend to care since it doesn't affect me. I'm just here to watch fights, mang.

I also don't get up in arms when a fighter doesn't take a fight or a fight doesn't get made because one party wanted cash, since I get why they're doing that and because there's a myriad of matches that I can still watch.

I only really care when fighters start getting beat up by bums because they're past their prime

To an extent, i'm a big fan of Overeem & really wish he retires, UFC should force him to, don't want to see something bad happen to him down the road.

I care about the well being of the fighters, but I also recognize that without the show has needs too. You can't just give hundreds of fighters whatever they want. If you do that then they will be out of business real quick.

I don't "care" but I do respect that they have to protect their own selfish interests just like everyone else. Whatever that means is up to them. It's their CTE, their broken nose, their bank account so they can choose to do whatever they want as far as fighting, not fighting, wrestling or standing in the pocket trading. At the same time, I am also free to like them or not like them based on what I see. I do think El Douche treats fighters like cattle though and they should be getting more pay and benefits for the audience they draw.

This played out best for the UFC, she shouldnt feel the need to accept the fight but knowing they dont want you around because of your Union work it would have been smart to fight as in when she wins it would be weird to not prolong the fight contract then it would look like your not gonna resign because of the Union stuff, but the UFC got a out when she opted not to fight. I cant blame her but feel like it wasnt the smartest move.

Also i dont think i particularly care, i want them to do well and be smart with their decisions but its not up to me its up to them.

I care about fighter pay because I don’t care about a fighter taking damage.

I want later stoppages, allowing fighters to go out on their shield instead of a standing tko, and for knees to the head on the ground to become legalized. Soccer kicks and stomps are optional.

I want the fighters making millions for this reason.

I always see a ton of guys dogging the UFC for low pay, treating fighters like shit, being unfair, etc. But at the same time, I see a significant number of people also shit on fighters when they try to better their situation, be it by playing hard to get or just not taking a fight altogether if they're not being compensated.

Most recently, it's happening with Leslie Smith, she's not a big name, I know, but I'm seeing people just act like she deserves to be cut for not taking the fight with an opponent who missed weight, despite that not being the UFC's reason to cut her at all. She's pretty much the only fighter actually trying to start up a proper union, not a weak ass shit one like Bjorn's, so it was pretty clear that the UFC was gonna cut her as soon as they got the chance, and that they did.

They even gave her her full purse, even though they never do that (they usually just give fighter's a fraction of their pay) so it's pretty clear that they were giddy about finally getting rid of her, and the same thing would have happened had she taken the fight.

So I ask you guys, do you actually care about the fighter, or do you just want to see fights? I mostly fall on the latter tbh.

just fights, its all entertainment for me

if-he-dies-he-dies.jpg

Depends who it is. Like everyone else in life. Some people you care about and some people you won't.

Yeah I do. Not on some personal note. But for Christ's sake, stop these guys from fighting when they have hit too much damage. Fedor should have been forced out at least 5 fights ago. Chuck should have been forced out way sooner. I very much think either the organizations or some board should have the power to take a look at these guys and say, enough is enough. If they want to fight after that, they need to pass a lot of tests, and meet a lot of criteria. I am all for the just bleed fights, but that isn't for fighters in their twilight. It is only a matter of time before one of these guys dies during an event from brain swelling.

Fuck no. It’s just 2 men (or woman) fighting for my entertainment. And to anyone that cares so much about fighter pay and workplace conditions. . Jesus. Do you think a single fighter gives 2 fucks about your job conditions or if you’re being paid enough?

They don’t.

I care about the well being of the fighters, but I also recognize that without the show has needs too. You can't just give hundreds of fighters whatever they want. If you do that then they will be out of business real quick.
Give the 60% of the earnings in every event, they are the product that is being selling, is that simple. Now they have like the 15%

I care about fighters I like and in general, but this incident I don't really care about because I don't think WMMA belongs in the UFC to begin with.

When I was watching John Howard vs Daniel Roberts live I thought Roberts died. I learned at that moment I do in fact care about fighters well being.

I care about some more than others. Dont want to see anyone get badly hurt though.

Honestly, no. This is the completely wrong sport for that. I'd never have time to actually enjoy fights if I was crying over every single boo-boo and potential health hazard. Go watch ballet.

Back