Do You Actually Care About The Fighter's Well Being? Be honest

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
I always see a ton of guys dogging the UFC for low pay, treating fighters like shit, being unfair, etc. But at the same time, I see a significant number of people also shit on fighters when they try to better their situation, be it by playing hard to get or just not taking a fight altogether if they're not being compensated.

Most recently, it's happening with Leslie Smith, she's not a big name, I know, but I'm seeing people just act like she deserves to be cut for not taking the fight with an opponent who missed weight, despite that not being the UFC's reason to cut her at all. She's pretty much the only fighter actually trying to start up a proper union, not a weak ass shit one like Bjorn's, so it was pretty clear that the UFC was gonna cut her as soon as they got the chance, and that they did.

They even gave her her full purse, even though they never do that (they usually just give fighter's a fraction of their pay) so it's pretty clear that they were giddy about finally getting rid of her, and the same thing would have happened had she taken the fight.

So I ask you guys, do you actually care about the fighter, or do you just want to see fights? I mostly fall on the latter tbh.

How many fans did Leslie Smith bring to the UFC? Did she help the live gate? Did her name help sell PPV's? Or was she just along for the ride?

How many fans did Leslie Smith bring to the UFC? Did she help the live gate? Did her name help sell PPV's? Or was she just along for the ride?

Cut 99% of the roster then.

They are Zuffa Zombies! Shills!

They actually think Dana is tough!

Not really.. It would be a long day if I had to care for every MMA fighters' well-being. Ofcourse it sucks if something happens to them but eh, yeah I don't.

Yes, only because I wanna see my favorite fighters, fighting sooner. Theyre people, its corny I know, but shit man some of yall ruthless.

Yes I do, very much. If fighters get treated very fairly there would be much less bitching and whining and holding of bitterness in bum souls in the MMA community, and much less salty popcorn for me to enjoy. For my personal enjoyment I hope the antagonistic relationship between the UFC and fighters as well as exploitation remain for as long as possible. Toxic environment breeds the best drama.

I do not give one good fuck about any of these people. Fuck them, their sob stories, and their stupid fuckin kids. I just want to watch two maniacs beat the fuck out of each other on Saturday night, so I'll play along and pretend to give a fuck about their lives. But, when the dust settles, my emotional interest in this sport isn't much more than this

<{JustBleed}>

Lee via RNC Rd 3
Hope it's a bloody one.

How is this about the fighters well being?

I'm behind any fighter who refuses to fight a fighter who can't make weight. If they want a catch weight fight don't make it for +20% of the purse or +$5k make it for all of the money and any win bonuses and if it's a $50k each fight of the night bonus fight include that too.

If you can't make weight then you caused the fight to be cancelled and not the person that wouldn't be bribed to fight you.

It depends on the particular fighter and what they went through in life and if they are currently being treated fairly or not. For example, Karo Parisyan and Joe Riggs are my favorite fighter because I practice boxing and judo. They fought well at one point and are a true veteran of the MMA back when it was NHB. They also had shit luck with injuries and don't get the true respect they deserve.

The larger question is: does anybody really care about anybody that is not them, their direct family or a good friend? People are just incredibly selfish in general. We would rather get bloody wars that induce CTE than spend our time watching lay n pray fests or pitter patter WMMA.

The problem I have is the split in MMA. If these guys wanna get CTE, that is one them, but atleast pay them somewhere in the ball park of other much less risky sports. The fact that MMA is the most dangerous and taxing of sports but these guys get something like 8-15% of the revenue, while these doofus, fat cat, HGH taking business men get 90% of the purse is just absolutely disgraceful. Leslie Smith realized the gross injustice in this, got hooked up with Project Spearhead and is now paying the price for standing up to the big wigs. From the time of Spartacus until now, things do not change much and probably never will.

I do, but I believe the human body and brain can take alittle more than they allow sometimes.

In terms of pay I don't
Grown men/women making their own choices.

Man I didn't have to read all that to answer your title, yes I care about their well being as I do about everybody's well being fighter or not...

I like fights.

Obviously, I'm human so when shit like Rashad Evans vs Sean Salmon Faber vs Mizugaki happens I get concerned. Those are edge cases though.

The shit about the pay and unions and blah blah blah ... doesn't concern me at all. That's a them problem, not a me problem.

Back