Do women theoretically hit harder than men

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
if at equal weight, because women have stronger hips, lower body, legs and a lower center of gravity

obviously HW men hit the hardest, but im talking the lower weights

I don't know about them having stronger hips and lower body. Even then, men tend to be a lot more explosive, and you use more than just your legs when delivering power.

Defiantly not. I know a few that certainly hit hard but they're way less common than among men, they develop kicking flexibility unfairly fast though.

Just an fyi, this guy is a goober who shits up the grappling forum every now and then with 'questions' about his woman domination fantasies and don't you think ronda could beat Cain under certain circumstances?

Just an fyi, this guy is a goober who shits up the grappling forum every now and then with 'questions' about his woman domination fantasies and don't you think ronda could beat Cain under certain circumstances?
im asking a legitimate question

Yea if you theoretically give them a baseball bat.

I don't know about them having stronger hips and lower body. Even then, men tend to be a lot more explosive, and you use more than just your legs when delivering power.

You'd be surprised at their lower body strength. Sure, it's purely anecdotal evidence but to this day, I recall vividly a situation that happened during PE in high school. We were all in the weight room during that class period and there were numerous guys from our football team in the class. There was this chubby Mexican chola type chick in our class that obviously didn't work out but she got on a machine (can't remember if it was leg press or whatnot) but she was able to press the full stack while the dudes who played football had some issues with it.

Everyone in the class was pretty shocked but our PE coach said it had something to do with the way the hips and structure of women lined up versus men...easier to leverage power (maybe because of child birth reasons). While we weren't exactly a huge high school, it was about 2000 students, so it's not like we had a total of like 200 people (in reference to the football team/talent pool).

But yeah...TS is probably trolling here.

Women have more lower body strength while guys have more upper is what I learned in school. I'm guessing they are talking about p4p. P4P females have more lower body strength etc.

KO power does not come from the legs however. You have chicken legs who are KOing people left and right. You don't have t-rex hands KOing people. p4p is same weight, same training, Guys will still hit harder because of the massive upper body strength.

Women have more lower body strength while guys have more upper is what I learned in school. I'm guessing they are talking about p4p. P4P females have more lower body strength etc.

KO power does not come from the legs however. You have chicken legs who are KOing people left and right. You don't have t-rex hands KOing people. p4p is same weight, same training, Guys will still hit harder because of the massive upper body strength.

"T-rex hands" is a bad example because that usually implies short arms (like Sherk), not necessarily the thickness like how chicken legs (JBJ) do. Should be "T-rex arms" anyway but that's a separate issue.

Also, KO power doesn't necessarily come from leg strength, per se, but power does come from the legs on up (kinetic chain, etc). Bodybuilders who skip leg day aren't necessarily going to generate that much punching power and it's not just because they don't have good range of motion.

P4P females have more lower body strength etc.

P4P women still are weaker because they have a nearly twice as much body fat percentage at equal athleticism levels. A 105 woman =/= 105 pound man.

Edit: Here's the relevant numbers from a quick google. First column women, second men.

Essential fat 10–13% 2–5%
Athletes 14–20% 6–12%

They are much closer to men with kicks than with punches. Maybe it's different for women who have at least deetn strength levels in the upper body as well but most lack the upper body to generate a ton of force compared to men

We have a pro kickboxing girl who also does Crossfit like 5x a week, religiously, so she's a buffed rock. She's a freakin' specimen of a local level athlete. Her punching and kicking power is shit though compared to men her weight that are equally trained.

No, they don't. Men have more fast twitch muscles, bigger/denser muscles and more testosterone for building muscles than women do. That's everywhere. It's more pronounced in upper body strength but it's just as true in the lower body.

So, theoretically, women do not hit harder than men at any weight.

^Yeah, that's ridonkulous.

Ain't no girls at my gym squatting 315+. Well one, but she's obviously enhanced.

While lots of guys can.

I don't know where people get this bs that women have a stronger lower body.

"Studies have proven again and again that men have a greater amount of skeletal muscle than women. In one such study that examined 468 men and women and was published in a 1985 issue of the “Journal of Applied Physiology,” researchers determined that men had an average of 72.6 pounds of muscle compared to the 46.2 pounds found in women. The men had 40 percent more muscle mass in the upper body and 33 percent more in the lower body."

Strength Translation
Men not only have more muscle, but pound for pound, their muscle is slightly stronger than a woman's -- about 5 to 10 percent, says Lou Schuler in "The New Rules of Lifting for Women." A study reported in a 1993 issue of the "European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology" attributed this strength difference to larger muscle fibers in men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back