Do we have any mma fighters from Mexico and live in Mexico?

Clenbuterol and Meat Contamination
Further, there have been reports of clenbuterol use to promote growth in livestock, including cattle, lamb, poultry and swine. Such use is illegal in the U.S. and in Europe.

Consistent with numerous prior reported cases globally, the issue of illicit administration of clenbuterol to animals destined for food production can result in, under specific conditions, a positive sample from an athlete. WADA has issued specific warnings about this problem in China and Mexico. Unfortunately, anti-doping authorities have no control over agricultural and food safety practices in these countries, and inadvertent ingestion remains an ongoing issue for athletes.

https://www.usada.org/clenbuterol-and-meat-contamination/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1151309/

I recommend viewing this film for some footage of that legal, natty American livestock.

There are like 12 fighters from Mexico, some of them are ranked like Alexa Grasso, Alejandro Perez and Yair Rodriguez so i guess you just have terrible memory. I think it's fair to say that Mexico is a "top 10 country" in MMA tbh.
damn, your belt looks great

I'm not trying to suggest that American livestock is "natty", merely that with the USADA program in place there's a high risk for fighters testing positive for clenbuterol if they train out of Mexico.

This may be a naïve question, but does eating the meat of roided livestock actually trigger false positives in a drug test? (Is Alistair Overeem's horse meat excuse actually credible?)
If so, what about the steroids administered to the admittedly roided American livestock? Is USADA okay with them? Is clenbuterol not among them?

This may be a naïve question, but does eating the meat of roided livestock actually trigger false positives in a drug test? (Is Alistair Overeem's horse meat excuse actually credible?)
If so, what about the steroids administered to the admittedly roided American livestock? Is USADA okay with them? Is clenbuterol not among them?
It can result in a positive test (not a false-positive), and it's happened with a UFC fighter already:
https://ufc.usada.org/brandon-moreno-accepts-finding-no-fault/

Consistent with numerous prior reported cases globally, the issue of illicit administration of clenbuterol to animals destined for food production can result in, under specific conditions, a positive sample from an athlete. Both USADA and WADA have issued specific warnings about this problem in China and Mexico. Moreover, due to strict regulatory and meat certification practices, USADA is not aware of any instances in which an athlete’s sample tested positive for clenbuterol after consumption of meat produced in the U.S.

It can result in a positive test (not a false-positive), and it's happened with a UFC fighter already:
https://ufc.usada.org/brandon-moreno-accepts-finding-no-fault/

Any idea what the "specific conditions" referenced might be? What about the athletes who competed in Mexico but didn't test positive? Were they vegetarians? Did they stick to imported beef? I wonder what kind of testing was in place at the 1968 Olympics (or at the IFBB Diamond Cup in Cancun, 2017).

And those "strict regulatory and meat certification practices"--if that isn't claiming American beef is natty, then what does it mean?

Any idea what the "specific conditions" referenced might be? What about the athletes who competed in Mexico but didn't test positive? Were they vegetarians? Did they stick to imported beef? I wonder what kind of testing was in place at the 1968 Olympics (or at the IFBB Diamond Cup in Cancun, 2017).

And those "strict regulatory and meat certification practices"--if that isn't claiming American beef is natty, then what does it mean?
I have no clue, I'm just looking things up as you respond. You might want to research it yourself :D.

Really? Last time I was in Rocky point, I saw a lot of Americans enjoying the country. Alot of Americans retire in Mexico too.
Hey I have a condo In rocky point, I have lots of friends down there.
Its probably the most relaxing- safe- chill- place in whole mexico.
The locals are awesome as long as you dont fuck with them.
About 20% of that town is Americans living there and loving it.
I may go this weekend lol

Hey I have a condo In rocky point, I have lots of friends down there.
Its probably the most relaxing- safe- chill- place in whole mexico.
The locals are awesome as long as you dont fuck with them.
About 20% of that town is Americans living there and loving it.
I may go this weekend lol

Ya. I don't think alot of American know that fellow Americans retire in Mexico and have property there. It's actually a beautiful country.

The problem is the drug cartels and paid off government. It's actually pretty sad that the people of Mexico really don't have any protection.

So why does canelo train in Mexico? There has to be a ton of killers in Mexico.

Do they just not know how to train wrestling or bjj? Or most Mexicans with potential just go into boxing and stay there?

Exactly, Mexico has many proper boxing gyms, i believe Grasso comes from a boxing gym, its the 2nd most popular sport in the country, one that has an olympic background here, BJJ or wrestling are basically non existant, at least wrestling, BJJ gyms are starting to come up but nothing huge and i would say it comes with the MMA fan base that is growing up, so it will take years for BJJ to be elite level.

Not mexican, his dad is, but Cain isnt.

I’m not sure that you are correct. Dayna and the ufc touted him as a Mexican and the first ufc Mexican champion.

I further understand that he is heralded by his people as an inpiration and a superstar.

Perhaps you should reconsider your position.

I’m not sure that you are correct. Dayna and the ufc touted him as a Mexican and the first ufc Mexican champion.

I further understand that he is heralded by his people as an inpiration and a superstar.

Perhaps you should reconsider your position.
If we want to get technical he COULD claim the mexican citizenship, by law the sons of mexican citizens (like his dad) are able to get mexican citizenship just like everyone else, that would still remain a technicality as i certainly doubt he has done it and dude speaks worst spanish than Werdum.

Ya. I don't think alot of American know that fellow Americans retire in Mexico and have property there. It's actually a beautiful country.

The problem is the drug cartels and paid off government. It's actually pretty sad that the people of Mexico really don't have any protection.
Yup I know man, there some places where i would never go in Mexico.
But as far as rocky point, shit I love that place so much that I got married to a local girl lol.

If we want to get technical he COULD claim the mexican citizenship, by law the sons of mexican citizens (like his dad) are able to get mexican citizenship just like everyone else, that would still remain a technicality as i certainly doubt he has done it and dude speaks worst spanish than Werdum.

I’m still skeptical

Back