Do we have any mma fighters from Mexico and live in Mexico?

Japan, South Korea, Russia, Poland, UK, Ireland, Sweden, USA, Canada, Brazil are way ahead..could name some more too. which MMA fighters are actually from Mexico that are any good? Grasso is Invicta bound and is just unathletic and terrible, Yair is a ducker who shouldve been cut, and Perez hasnt even beaten anyone (like the rest of the fighters on this page lol)
lol at Ireland and South Korea..
Ireland has only 2 good fighters, 3 if you count that hypejob in Bellator.
Perez is 6-1 in UFC, would be 7-1 if he hadn't been deducted a point. He is a solid and well rounded fighter. Beat Iuri Marajó, Scott Jorgensen and Matthew Lopez who are some tough dudes.
Yair is a ducker, yet he's fighting one of the most hyped prospects of the sport? Dude, he fought Frankie Edgar, Yair fears no one. Use your brain.
South Korea has Korean Zombie and Dohoo Choi who is a punching bag. It's about it.

Mexico's steroid-infused meat products probably makes training out of Mexico unsuitable for coinciding with the UFC's USADA program.

Marco Polo Reyes, Alejandro Perez, Gabriel Benitez, Brandon Moreno, Henry Briones, José Quiñones

lol at Ireland and South Korea..
Ireland has only 2 good fighters, 3 if you count that hypejob in Bellator.
Perez is 6-1 in UFC, would be 7-1 if he hadn't been deducted a point. He is a solid and well rounded fighter. Beat Iuri Marajó, Scott Jorgensen and Matthew Lopez who are some tough dudes.
Yair is a ducker, yet he's fighting one of the most hyped prospects of the sport? Dude, he fought Frankie Edgar, Yair fears no one. Use your brain.
South Korea has Korean Zombie and Dohoo Choi who is a punching bag. It's about it.
South Korea is clearly above Mexico, now and ever before. I think youre comparing Mexico vs South Korea in the UFC, not MMA, which is what this thread is about. South Korea has a lot of local MMA and the UFC isnt investing there like in Mexico, so obviously UFC is investing in Mexican fighters to pander to the fans.

You dont like Ireland? Fine, throw in Australia or France. I'd say Mexico is around 13th or 14th place with Germany/Ukraine/Netherlands

South Korea is clearly above Mexico, now and ever before. I think youre comparing Mexico vs South Korea in the UFC, not MMA, which is what this thread is about. South Korea has a lot of local MMA and the UFC isnt investing there like in Mexico, so obviously UFC is investing in Mexican fighters to pander to the fans.

You dont like Ireland? Fine, throw in Australia or France. I'd say Mexico is around 13th or 14th place with Germany/Ukraine/Netherlands
No, UFC is not investing Mexico. You are living in the past if you think so. UFC didn't went to Mexico this year and is planning on going to South Korea, on the other hand.
They also feed Alexa Grasso, a mexican prospect, to Tatiana Suarez knowing what would happen. Now are feeding Yair to Zabit. They gave up about Mexico after Brandon Moreno lost to Pettis and that's obvious. Also Cain being hurt forever doesn't help their situation. They let Goyito Perez go to Combate Americas. They don't give a fuck about that market anymore, it's clear. Unless Perez turns out to be a top fighter, i doubt they will go to Mexico in 2019 too.

South Korean MMA promotions like ROAD FC and other smaller ones are clearly more competitive than Mexican ones, that i can't dispute, but i'm talking about FIGHTERS, not about the regional scenario, in that regard South Korea is ahead, but as far as fighters goes? No, they are not. Actually, Japan isn't much ahead of Mexico, imagine SK. Mexican fighters like Alejando Perez, Jose Quinonez, Gabriel Benitez are doing very well in UFC and there's also prospects that aren't, but could be in the future, like Irene Aldana, Grasso as mentioned, and a few others. Again: South Korea has that flyweight chick and the 2 featherweights, and one of them doesn't fight (Korean Zombie).

Finally, you bring up Australia. I guess i would agree. France? Never. They have Duquesnoy and that's it. Goiti is 1-3 in UFC, Cyril Asker is 2-3 or something like that and will be cut soon.

Not many Mexicans want to live in Mexico. That's just fact. Have you seen the crime going on over There? About 113 politicians killed and gunned down in the streets there since September.

There's about 2,000 fighters from Mexico and that's just from official fights on record.

Can you blame them?

Yair Rodriguez(like mentioned earlier lives/trains in Chicago)
Alexa Grasso & Irene Aldana(I follow them on instagram they don't post anything directly mentioning where they live/train nowadays)
Brandon Moreno
Martin Bravo
Alejandro Perez(Tuf winner)
Gabriel Benitez(think he live in San jose AKA)
Jose Quinones(maybe San diego with Alliance)
Polo reyes(3 performance of the night bonuses in 5 fights)
Marco Beltran

Some that are no longer there Efrain escudero, Goyito Perez and a few Tuf fighters from the 1st Tuf latin series.

*EDIT my bad I thought you said name them lol* and no I can't blame them at all

Lol he lives in Chicago. Any other guesses shertards?
Trains there, but he is an actual mexican, brazillians moving to the US are still brazillians...

MMA isnt huge here, it will take forever for proper camps to come up, if ever imo.

Trains there, but he is an actual mexican, brazillians moving to the US are still brazillians...

MMA isnt huge here, it will take forever for proper camps to come up, if ever imo.

So why does canelo train in Mexico? There has to be a ton of killers in Mexico.

Do they just not know how to train wrestling or bjj? Or most Mexicans with potential just go into boxing and stay there?

Honest question. Is it better to live in Brazil or Mexico?

No, UFC is not investing Mexico. You are living in the past if you think so. UFC didn't went to Mexico this year and is planning on going to South Korea, on the other hand.
They also feed Alexa Grasso, a mexican prospect, to Tatiana Suarez knowing what would happen. Now are feeding Yair to Zabit. They gave up about Mexico after Brandon Moreno lost to Pettis and that's obvious. Also Cain being hurt forever doesn't help their situation. They let Goyito Perez go to Combate Americas. They don't give a fuck about that market anymore, it's clear. Unless Perez turns out to be a top fighter, i doubt they will go to Mexico in 2019 too.

South Korean MMA promotions like ROAD FC and other smaller ones are clearly more competitive than Mexican ones, that i can't dispute, but i'm talking about FIGHTERS, not about the regional scenario, in that regard South Korea is ahead, but as far as fighters goes? No, they are not. Actually, Japan isn't much ahead of Mexico, imagine SK. Mexican fighters like Alejando Perez, Jose Quinonez, Gabriel Benitez are doing very well in UFC and there's also prospects that aren't, but could be in the future, like Irene Aldana, Grasso as mentioned, and a few others. Again: South Korea has that flyweight chick and the 2 featherweights, and one of them doesn't fight (Korean Zombie).

Finally, you bring up Australia. I guess i would agree. France? Never. They have Duquesnoy and that's it. Goiti is 1-3 in UFC, Cyril Asker is 2-3 or something like that and will be cut soon.
I didnt realize theyd already given up on mexico, it was only a few years ago they went there for the first time. They thought they had a star in Velasquez but hes barely fought since then, so I cant blame them too much. there arent any homegrown Mexican stars yet.

I'd say France is behind mexico if they didnt have Ngannou who just fought for title, or Cheick Kongo. Francis Carmont was pretty good for a while too.

Not many Mexicans willing to roid up.

Thanks for setting me straight.

13735008_10102127448039034_8993256556553628276_o.jpg

<{MingNope}>Bitch Please
People don't live in Mexico.
They die over there
Pretty fucked up country if there is one..

Really? Last time I was in Rocky point, I saw a lot of Americans enjoying the country. Alot of Americans retire in Mexico too.

Mexico's steroid-infused meat products probably makes training out of Mexico unsuitable for coinciding with the UFC's USADA program.

So where do American fighters train? You're not actually implying American cattle don't get roided, are you?

So where do American fighters train? You're not actually implying American cattle don't get roided, are you?
Clenbuterol and Meat Contamination
Further, there have been reports of clenbuterol use to promote growth in livestock, including cattle, lamb, poultry and swine. Such use is illegal in the U.S. and in Europe.

Consistent with numerous prior reported cases globally, the issue of illicit administration of clenbuterol to animals destined for food production can result in, under specific conditions, a positive sample from an athlete. WADA has issued specific warnings about this problem in China and Mexico. Unfortunately, anti-doping authorities have no control over agricultural and food safety practices in these countries, and inadvertent ingestion remains an ongoing issue for athletes.

https://www.usada.org/clenbuterol-and-meat-contamination/

Back