Do want Conor or MMA to win? (Khabib Vs Conor)

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Mainly aimed towards MMA fans who are rooting for Conor.

Here's what I'm thinking, I'm an MMA fan and I want the "ultimate" sport/fighting style to be successful, I'm kind of rooting for Conor's more exciting style to win but at the same time I want the "better" style to win.

There's always the boxing vs MMA talk, like "who would win?", So with Conor being a stand up fighter who uses mainly boxing, it would be more fuel on the fire for those who claim boxing is the more effective martial arts, and I can't have that ;).

conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov.jpg

As long as whoever wins then defends within a reasonable amount of time I don't care all that much. Both are great to watch for different reasons.

If Conor wins how could Khabib's style be superior?
Because this is MMA, just like there is a downside to democracy despite it being "best" ;) But my point is that all the fans Conor bring to this sport will perhaps not credit the sport or view the sport as greatly as it is, sure Conor knows grappling and is pretty well rounded but most people wont see that, I just want MMA to be respresented well etc.

Khabib is a mediocre striker and Conor is a mediocre grappler. I wouldn't consider either of these guys to be all-arounders

Conor is an MMA fighter. If he had the choice to double leg Floyd he would've.

giphy.gif

Here's what I'm thinking, I'm an MMA fan and I want the "ultimate" sport/fighting style to be successful, I'm kind of rooting for Conor's more exciting style to win but at the same time I want the "better" style to win.

There's always the boxing vs MMA talk, like "who would win?", So with Conor being a stand up fighter who uses mainly boxing, it would be more fuel on the fire for those who claim boxing is the more effective martial arts, and I can't have that ;).

If anything khabib isnt mma he only knows wrestling

Stupid is...As stupid does...

Shertard has gone into overdrive this week.
And there's always Mysterio chipping in with his utter nonsense..
<{cruzshake}><{hughesimpress}>

Doesn't matter who I want to win.

Khabib will win, end of.

I want Khabib to win so we can see a active and moving division Conor winz we go through this whole stalling & talking bullsh!t and a influx of interim belts saturating the division. Conor's kid would be graduating high school by the time Conor decided to fight MMA again.

I'm leaning for rooting for Khabib, only because I want someone who will actually DEFEND a title to have that title.

Wrestling is already proven to be a superior style when all else is equal. We have enough dominant rasslers. I wouldn't mind seeing Conor's KO legacy continue for a while.

Back