Do UFC employed shills really post on sherdog?

Maybe I'm a shill, but for as long as I've been reading this forum I've always been confused by the "Hardcore" sub-set not understanding that money = viewers.

If someone says a fight makes money it's because people want to watch it. Just because it's not the Hardcores of Sherdog who want to watch it doesn't mean a thing.

Look past your own opinions and understand not everybody cares as much as you do.

I dunno. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't. In terms of bang for your promotional buck "astroturfing" is cheap. Really, really cheap. I doubt there are very many billion dollar corporations that don't dedicate at least some small part of their promotional budget to paying people to post on line.

That said, Sherdog's not going to be the best place to spend your money on that sort of thing. Everyone here already knows about the next big event. Makes much more sense to have some guy on facebook make a post about how excited he is for tomorrow night's fight than to get some post or thread lost in the weeds here on sherdog.

exactly

I don't think that anyone's directly paid to toe the company line on Sherdog. But I do believe that it is somebody's job to monitor the discussion. Inevitably, they will also voice their own opinions under the cloak of anonymity.

I'm a paid McGregor shill, and work a night shift management.

That's about all. Peace out.

q0Nd7.gif

I have my own brain. I try to use it. Nothing ANYBODY else says is going to sway my opinion from reality to fantasy.

Who fuckin cares ?

I don't think that anyone's directly paid to toe the company line on Sherdog. But I do believe that it is somebody's job to monitor the discussion. Inevitably, they will also voice their own opinions under the cloak of anonymity.

Everyone should watch this. It's been confirmed UFC brass reads the forum. Particularly Dana who will call the Sherdog owner and complain about negative posts. (idk if jeff sherwood is still the ownerbtw)

Last edited:
New owners probably cut all the shills for cost saving purposes

I severely doubt it. If they were going to "pay" anyone to do anything it'd probably be moderators to delete threads that hurt the UFC's Ideals.

It doesn't seem there is nearly as many UFC apologists since Zuffa sold the UFC. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The UFC pays lots of people to search for every video, clip and animated gif of their fights online and threatens to sue the person/website who posts it. Another thing they have plenty of money for, but not paying a fighters medicals.

You got to be crazy to think a lot of these same people don't post here or employees don't go to MMA forums. I doubt any are specifically paid to shill online like say Hillary's army of social media trolls during the last campaign was, but it's possible.

This isn't them just being dicks, they are required to do this to protect their intellectual property rights. If you stop doing so it makes it harder to protect those rights legally down the line. (If it came to a lawsuit)

And in reality it's probably a few bots doing it mixed in with a low level employee(s)

no doubt

marketing is a part of the business

a very important btw

There were Zuffa employees here. Not sure if they carried over into new management.

Paid shills are not needed when the sycophants do the job for free. It has worked this way at least since the days of Beethoven, and possibly since the history of man. Beethoven did not have to work hard to build his legend. His fawning fanboys did it for him. You had the same with Elvis. But the best example is Apple.

Whatever Apple does, the Apple zombies insist is the best. When iPhones came with a mechanical home button, every Apple zombie insisted it is the superior solution, and Samsung and everybody else had it all wrong. Then Apple dropped the button, and every Apple zombie insist it is better without.

Same with the UFC zombies. They will defend every action the UFC does as the best action anyone has ever done.

I am sure there is a huge amount of literature on this in psychology, explaining why some people's identity is closely tied to the success of companies and famous people, who do not even know they exist.

They tend to be the same kind of loser-types who invest their identity in a sports team. You know, the kind who stuff themselves with junk food while watching their favorite team on TV, rather than doing something with their lives. The time and money they waste on their team could get them a nice education and a higher-paying job.

Like the pathetic losers in this video.

Many of these are Greek. The Greek economy is in the toilet because its citizens are lazy idiots with no desire to achieve anything in life.

"Leonard Haid, post: 128373401, member: 516717"]After yet another person gripes about how awful the UFC has become, and how evil Dana is, on occasion I'll respond on here trying to make sense of the UFC's or Dana's side of the story, having the gall to assume that they're human beings and not monsters. I try to see the business logic behind what they do, and the big picture. I am not a UFC plant. The UFC is not going to waste its time infiltrating a website for bottom dwellers such as myself.[/QUOTE]
After yet another person gripes about how awful the UFC has become, and how evil Dana is, on occasion I'll respond on here trying to make sense of the UFC's or Dana's side of the story, having the gall to assume that they're human beings and not monsters. I try to see the business logic behind what they do, and the big picture. I am not a UFC plant. The UFC is not going to waste its time infiltrating a website for bottom dwellers such as myself.
That's exactly what somebody trying to cover up being a paid poster would say

[<cena1}

I would say 'yes' with a good deal of confidence.

Its a sport that relies on forums more than others and its a billion dollar company. To think that they don't have marketing teams designed to focus on forums/twitter/facebook seems naive to me.

Last edited:
Back