Do UFC employed shills really post on sherdog?

I'm a shill, that's why I was trying to hype up The Next Anderson so hard before our plans fell through. Damn you Poster Boy ruining our next superstar.

Yes, Conor fans earn ~ $0.0015 per post. No wonder they lack in quality and depth

I get tree fiddy per post. Not $3.50 though, 3.5 cents.

I doubt they have people specifically paid to post, but they probably have people who monitor mma sites. And I wouldn't be surprised if some employees are encouraged to post in support of the company.

So, the company that short changes the fighters at every corner and extorts as much money as they possibly can from every single source of revenue available is going to pay random people to browse social media to hype their (continually getting worse) product???

Not a fucking chance. Their asses are way too tight for that.

There will be sarcastic answers however the correct answer is yes there are paid shill posters on Sherdog, who both create content to test public perception of certain fighters and fights and respond in threads to falsely create a 'trend' or false popularity for a fighter

Source - Cant find it but it does exist there were leaked emails between ZUFFA and a marketing agency that would provide paid posters for this very exact public relations reasons as outlined above

The Conor McGregor 'Conor Bless' and 'GOAT' Meme that grew on here I may be naive but I believe that grew organically

However there were definite co-ordinated shill attempts to create the same type of hype for Mike Perry with all that 'Platinum' shit and the same again for Northcutt then after they lost it was like fuck it we wont invest time false posting to 'push' these guys

Look at the thread about Tony not getting his show pay. You will see a few UFC shills there.

They were all let go along with Goldie and some ranked fighters. Gotta make that 4 billion back.

After yet another person gripes about how awful the UFC has become, and how evil Dana is, on occasion I'll respond on here trying to make sense of the UFC's or Dana's side of the story, having the gall to assume that they're human beings and not monsters. I try to see the business logic behind what they do, and the big picture. I am not a UFC plant. The UFC is not going to waste its time infiltrating a website for bottom dwellers such as myself.

Probably not, they have enough dumb fans who'll parrot the company line for free.

Yes. Guess you missed all the new members pushing everyone to buy Fightpass a couple years back. It was disgusting. And Stream Shaming.

Absolutely not. This idea of paid shills is just paranoid bullshit

The shills work as "journalists", the forums are full of enough brand fanboys not be be worth bothering with although perhaps some of the leaks come from the UFC, potentially testing fans reactions to booking decisions.

It doesn't seem there is nearly as many UFC apologists since Zuffa sold the UFC. Coincidence? I don't think so.

The UFC pays lots of people to search for every video, clip and animated gif of their fights online and threatens to sue the person/website who posts it. Another thing they have plenty of money for, but not paying a fighter's medicals.

You got to be crazy to think a lot of these same people don't post here or employees don't go to MMA forums. I doubt any are specifically paid to shill online like say Hillary's army of social media trolls during the last campaign was, but it's possible.

Last edited:
10 Bux Dana trolls this place when he's drunk and then goes and beats his wife.

I believe Jon Jones was on a while back shortly after his USADA ruling. He kept insisting that he was PROVEN not to be a cheater and that it was the "dick pills" that were tainted. When I proposed that it may have been a planned "taint" (that sounds a little strange) because the tainted pills came in the same package as the banned substance, the guy stopped posting. I had to wonder out loud, in the responses, if it was Jones, himself, trying to "clear his name."

Planned Taint - to prepare an alibi with a known tainted product in case one is caught using the actual banned substance.

Last edited:
I dunno. It's hard to believe that they wouldn't. In terms of bang for your promotional buck "astroturfing" is cheap. Really, really cheap. I doubt there are very many billion dollar corporations that don't dedicate at least some small part of their promotional budget to paying people to post on line.

That said, Sherdog's not going to be the best place to spend your money on that sort of thing. Everyone here already knows about the next big event. Makes much more sense to have some guy on facebook make a post about how excited he is for tomorrow night's fight than to get some post or thread lost in the weeds here on sherdog.

Back