Do u guys think Northcutt vs. Punk could lead as a PPV main event?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it would make at least 300k buys range... What u guys think?

I think the sport doesn't need fans that would even consider asking such a stupid fucking question.

Put Mighty Mouse in the co main event.

Yes, it could. Put a relevant Co-Main with a decent under-card and it does at least average numbers. UFC would never do it though and rightfully so. Punk will be one of the opening fights on a PPV for his next fight to help boost sales.

No, despite the name power you can't have a mismatch being the main event. That's why he was Co-co on 203 despite being the main draw.

Why not, we can even have Couture-Toney the rematch as the fucking co-main

I think Sage would beat him easily and it would still sell as a main event sadly. The thing is how green Sage has proven to be people still want to see him lose or win which is the main thing in MMA right now.

giphy.gif

Absolutely fucking not. His first fight (which itself didn't headline anything) didn't even draw above average and you think going in 0-1 against his first opponent's leftovers will pass as a PPV main event of any kind? LMFAO. It would barely qualify as a Fight Night main event.

I think this would be an insult to the fans. Or some kind of experiment to measure how many noob fans buy into their made up, BS hype trains disguising amateurs into UFC caliber fighters

Unfortunately and I hate to admit this, but yes it could.

This new era under WME doesn't care about sport and business, they care about business and business. In the past fighters like Chael Sonnen took it upon themselves to integrate WWE style theatrics into real sport, now WME is all about theatrics. Anything they can do to make business, regardless if the matchup doesn't make sense with marginal fighters they'll book the match.

Back