do u agree with KRSONE about black/white history?

Pretty sure whites of accepted the messed up things of years gone by. But at the same time, not all Americans even derive from those “forebears”. For instance my lineage came from my great grandfather that jumped ship out of Germany in the 1930s because he saw the Nazi crap coming from a mile away. My best friend’s parents came here from Hungary in the 1960s. And there are countless examples just like this. But of course black people refuse to acknowledge the difference.

So I and many Americans can be proud to say that there is no “white guilt” in our plate.

Victim mentality is something they have weaponized. I don’t see them letting go of it any time soon.

Good point here. My lineage came from Canada (where Blacks were never enslaved) 5 generations ago and settled in Michigan (A free state that never had Jim Crow Laws)

I get that our history is messy and there were people treated unfairly. None of this should go unforgotten, but I also find it disrespectful when people try to piggyback off the oppression of the people of yesteryear that actually had to face a marginalized struggle.

Last edited:
What's being referred to is the lasting outcomes. Slaves were freed but with very limited civil rights and social acceptance. You can end the cause while the damage lasts. If one looks at black communities that are struggling with crime, it doesn't happen in a vacuum.
That's why I said there has to be acceptance on both sides of what occurred and what the results have been. Black and white folks have been struggling with it for a long time, but not quite honestly and not for long enough, it seems.

I use to fuck with KRS-1....

Till he supported Afrika Bambatta raping teenage boys that wanted to be famous.

Off principle it's Fuck KRS and anything he has to say.

Cultural Norm in Afrika

I hear what he is saying, sure from a numbers prospective it has been whites joining with black for equal rights. Just as it was men join with women and straights joining with homosexuals. I feel freedom and equality for all people is a super important idea in America. However the straight white people weren't as subjected to the hate as the blacks were or homosexuals have been. We all bleed red and all want to be able to pursue our dreams.

With all that being said, most of us are just slaves to the system. We don't have real freedom and and what little freedoms we do have get taken away a little at a time.

Well it was white people that ended slavery too. It was also white people that started the liberal policies that destroy the black communities. So it has always been the whitey.

Well it was white people that ended slavery too. It was also white people that started the liberal policies that destroy the black communities. So it has always been the whitey.

Wut?

"
You start out in 1954 by saying, “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.” By 1968 you can’t say “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.”

"

-- Lee Atwater, famous Republican Strategist, worked in the Nixon Administration

Republicans have been trying to harm communities of color and reduce their voter turnout for decades.

How exactly is it "liberal policies" harming black communities?

If you think so then you're not really aware of the difference between what he's saying generally and what others say who do get labelled are saying generally. They're not saying remotely the same thing.

Contrary to the absurd myth promoted by people who, in all honesty, don't pay attention what's being said within the black community, the black community spends plenty of time addressing it's own internal shortcomings.

But any honest assessment of the current black community requires an acknowledgement of what the community is doing wrong within it's control and what is going wrong as a result of historical external factors that were not within it's control. Anyone who suggests that the external factors don't exist or that black America somehow has the magical ability to reverse the impact of all of those external factors within the given time frame is going to get criticized. Just anyone who suggests that black America is indifferent to it's own current status also deserves criticism.

Those 2 positions are hallmarks of people who simply don't know what they're talking about.

Translation: Anyone who expects black Americans to take control of their own destiny doesn't know what they're talking about. You will not take away our excuse. We are oppressed slaves who cannot be held to normal standards, point blank period. Don't go poisoning the minds of our youth but telling them they free and capable n shit.

I guess thats my biggest scrupel with black folks that play the race/victim/white priveledge card the hardest.

If whites really wanted blacks to fail as hard as a lot of those BLM people want everyone to believe, whites would have conducted a genocide instead of a liberation.
Genocide? Do you have any idea how much slaves cost back then?!

I understand why some people are loathe to give white people a pat on the back for granting equality to black people, but the fact is the civil rights movement wouldn't have been a success if white people didn't buy in.

I understand why some people are loathe to give white people a pat on the back for granting equality to black people, but the fact is the civil rights movement wouldn't have been a success if white people didn't buy in.

In what way was the civil rights movement a success?

Wut?

"
You start out in 1954 by saying, “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.” By 1968 you can’t say “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:”—that hurts you, backfires. So you say stuff like, uh, forced busing, states’ rights, and all that stuff, and you’re getting so abstract. Now, you’re talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you’re talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is, blacks get hurt worse than whites.… “We want to cut this,” is much more abstract than even the busing thing, uh, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.”

"

-- Lee Atwater, famous Republican Strategist, worked in the Nixon Administration

Republicans have been trying to harm communities of color and reduce their voter turnout for decades.

How exactly is it "liberal policies" harming black communities?

My point is it has always been Whitey that ultimately changes Black people’s destiny so what’s the point trying?

There’s a book by a black author about how blacks poverty, homeownership, fatherless rate and other relevant statistics actually got worse or remain the same compared to before the Civil Rights movement. What Blacks gain is political power. More get elected to offices, they know know to protest, cause more unrest and stuff but nothing more.

All the black leaders making a lot of noises ultimately change NOTHING, including the highly exalted Obama. Hope and Change and all that. Audacious but no results.

You know who the next man to change the destiny of black people? Donald Trump. Another Whitey.

Translation: Anyone who expects black Americans to take control of their own destiny doesn't know what they're talking about. You will not take away our excuse. We are oppressed slaves who cannot be held to normal standards, point blank period. Don't go poisoning the minds of our youth but telling them they free and capable n shit.

As usual a complete failure to read what was written, understand what was written, and attach an intelligent rejoinder, counterpoint or agreement.

Why you play this game escapes me.

Black people see their whole existence through the lens of their race. This siege mentality is what allows unscrupulous community leaders to keep going back to that well every time they don't deliver on their promises and black people swallow it every time, this is the reason why for many of them their situation will never change.

One of the oldest trucks in the book...Also highly popular in Africa as well, Mugabe was still blaming whites for his failed policies in Zimbabwe thirty years after he'd been elected, same thing happening now in South Africa. Greedy, corrupt governments bankrupting the country then blaming whitey when it all goes wrong, and it works every time.

I'm seeing you as a guy that gets annoyed when certain black people actually do succeed and have taken control of their own destiny. At the same time reminding people of the ideology of your comment to hold other black people back.

I'm seeing you as a guy that gets annoyed when certain black people actually do succeed and have taken control of their own destiny. At the same time reminding people of the ideology of your comment to hold other black people back.

Well i can't help what you see. All I can tell you is that such a notion is ridiculous.

Well i can't help what you see. All I can tell you is that such a notion is ridiculous.

Tell that to my neighbor. His real estate business is bigger than mine (he's been in it a little longer though). He said, "as a black man, all I had to do was stay away from drugs, graduate highschool, and keep a positive frame of mind."

Back