Do they know they can change the rules if they get enough support?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It just seems like too many fighters publicly denounce peds yet take them themselves in secret. Complete hypocrisy. If they want at least trt, they should rally to get that to come back at the very least. Micro dosing of testosterone under a doctors care. But it seems publicly most fighters are anti ped yet take them, they dont want their opponent on peds, they want to be on PEDS just to have an edge. Id rather a fighter say steroids for all. Level thr playing field. So far the field is not leveled.

' Contract shall say: "If I use, you can abuse. Take all my money and ban me for a year first time, for four second and for life the third. I agree and sign." '
- Tze

It just seems like too many fighters publicly denounce peds yet take them themselves in secret. Complete hypocrisy. If they want at least trt, they should rally to get that to come back at the very least. Micro dosing of testosterone under a doctors care. But it seems publicly most fighters are anti ped yet take them, they dont want their opponent on peds, they want to be on PEDS just to have an edge. Id rather a fighter say steroids for all. Level thr playing field. So far the field is not leveled.

I think you are over simplifing what is considered a ped. Some forms of over the counter medication is viewed as a PED because of what it can potentially do. not all the substances on the usada list are illegal nor should they be.

The playing field will never be level in MMA . There are different body types, reach, and mental ability aside form the physical advantages that some fighters have. The objective of the match is to see how each fighter over come their individual preceived short coming.

I think the idea of mma has shifted from a proving ground to a money grab as the same that occured in boxing.

To say that Jones is Guilty before even taking the time to get the facts I think is way to reactionary. Also if this guy has been getting tested that much then suddenly the night of after everything has happened then suddenly he pops that is to much happenstancefor me to accept.

It's not hard to understand. The new Turinabol test that was used turned what used to be a detection window of just a few days into one of >month.

So Jones take his PEDs and is tested but the window is too small to catch him. Then, the test is changed and he pops.

I'm betting that USADA will go back and retest older samples with the new test and Jones will end up with more failed tests in the coming weeks.
makes containmation way to likely.

I'm betting that USADA will go back and retest older samples with the new test and Jones will end up with more failed tests in the coming weeks.
You really think so?

giphy.gif

{<huh}

What does?
Going back and retesting stored samples? Nope. Samples aren't stored by just throwing them into a refrigerator with all the other samples and the lab techs lunch. Retesting older samples happens all the time, and with advances in testing the retests catch quite a few cheaters that originally got away with it.

Here's an example:
The 2008 Bejing Olympic testing caught 14 dopers. Retests in 2009 caught another 5. From 2009-2016 retests of those Bejing samples resulted in over 56 total popped tests. Only 14 (25% of current failed tests) were originally caught but in the 8 years following that 42 (75%) more were caught.

Heck, USADA retested Lance Armstrong and the tests came back positive, which ultimately lead to Armstrong's fall.

PED makers try, and do, to stay ahead of the tests. But eventually the tests will catch up and people will pop, sometimes years later.
I'd love to agree but all it really does is make easier for people like me to call the testing procedures into question. you stated labs don't simply throw samples in a fridge I"m sure they are taking blood samples and not urine sample because we accept there is a smaller window for testing on urine than there is for blood. Also where there is one advance there will be another. meaning if you can go back and apply dna testing to older dna samples that were not collected to be properly tested by new methods you will get errors that do not completely align in the same manner that it should and you will be left with a space where you have to make an intellectual leap, which we know depending on what a human feels will sway the direction we most likely go in.

Absolutely. Jones is screwed (self inflicted).

"Jeff Novitzky, the UFC’s vice president of athlete health and performance, said newly developed drug tests could be performed on samples that have been preserved in connection with the promotion’s out-of-competition drug testing program.

So blood and urine that’s been kept frozen in World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited laboratories could be re-tested for new PEDs, which opens the possibility of UFC fighters failing drug tests years after a particular bout."

SOURCE: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/jeff-novitzky-ufcs-usada-samples-could-be-retested-years-later
can't be self inflicted if another person has any say.

No TS I want fighters to have healthy lives after fighting not drop dead in there 40s

Anyone who thinks free use of peds will "level the playing field" is a fucking retard. An anything goes policy just means the person willing to take the greatest risk to their own health wins, and that is ignorant.

Lol at fighters rallying together to overturn steroid testing.

If they could do that, then they'd already have a union and getting paid decently (and just buy shit that won't show up on tests).

Anyone who thinks free use of peds will "level the playing field" is a fucking retard. An anything goes policy just means the person willing to take the greatest risk to their own health wins, and that is ignorant.
I never said allow anything goes ped use. I said regulated trt use would be fine.

Absolutely. Jones is screwed (self inflicted).

"Jeff Novitzky, the UFC’s vice president of athlete health and performance, said newly developed drug tests could be performed on samples that have been preserved in connection with the promotion’s out-of-competition drug testing program.

So blood and urine that’s been kept frozen in World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)-accredited laboratories could be re-tested for new PEDs, which opens the possibility of UFC fighters failing drug tests years after a particular bout."

SOURCE: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/jeff-novitzky-ufcs-usada-samples-could-be-retested-years-later

Had no idea
fantastic post

You should thread that

Maybe you don't have children and don't plan to have any but think about this - celebrities from the world of sports have fans all around the world. If we openly allow PEDs, what message does that send to our children?

"You can never be this good without drugs. Forget honest hard work. Drugs are the only way."

Do you really want a generation to be raised on drug abuse? I don't.

Maybe you don't have children and don't plan to have any but think about this - celebrities from the world of sports have fans all around the world. If we openly allow PEDs, what message does that send to our children?

"You can never be this good without drugs. Forget honest hard work. Drugs are the only way."

Do you really want a generation to be raised on drug abuse? I don't.
There is drug use and drug abuse. It seems some drugs are ok. Some drugs not ok. If a drug can make you train harder and longer and recover faster. How is that drug bad? I know tons of kids on add medication, anti depressants etc. We aren't talking about crack cocaine or even marijuana that are obvious intoxicants. We are talking medications. As long as it's use and not abuse its fine by me. I'm bipolar and take medication for that. Also for cholesterol.

There is drug use and drug abuse. It seems some drugs are ok. Some drugs not ok. If a drug can make you train harder and longer and recover faster. How is that drug bad? I know tons of kids on add medication, anti depressants etc. We aren't talking about crack cocaine or even marijuana that are obvious intoxicants. We are talking medications. As long as it's use and not abuse its fine by me. I'm bipolar and take medication for that. Also for cholesterol.
I understand what you're saying but steroids have plenty of adverse side effects and will hurt the person in the long term.

So to answer "If a drug can make you train harder and longer and recover faster. How is that drug bad?" - it is bad if it will make you pay (with your health) for that benefit later.

No TS I want fighters to have healthy lives after fighting not drop dead in there 40s

Anybody who makes their living getting punched in the head isn't gonna have that healthy of a life when they get older. Come the Fuck on.

How old are Tyson, Foreman and sugar ray ? Maybe think before opening your cock holster

For anyone interested:
Retesting of 2008 and 2012 Olympic samples were done in 2 separate waves.
First wave:
--- 719 samples retested
--- 53 tested positive (7.4%)

Second wave:
--- 524 samples retested
--- 45 tested positive (8.6%)

In total, that's 98 positive tests (7.9%) out of 1,243 retests done years later.

This month the IOC will complete retesting of over 1,000 samples from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. That was more than 7 years ago!

Lance Armstrong was caught by retests of his samples, some 10 years old.
I like the fact that you are speaking to however without knowing how the process plays out kinda hard to say hey great you caught people who's levels were not in tolerance. Doesn't do much good without looking at the proof.

Back