do pro fighters really care if their opponent is on PEDS?

Clean fighters yes. Dirty fighters will either keep quite, quack more than the clean fighters or think it's just part of the game.

It sucks because you want an even playing field. The difference between good and great can equate to a lot of money that can be enough or not enough to provide for your family. If PEDS could possibly help get you there, I can see why fighters comtemplate if they want to do it or not. A talented clean fighter that is a contender fighting against who knows how many ped users. If him taking peds can bring him to the top and go from barely making 6 figures to now making high 6 figures or even 7 figures a year. What would you do ?

Yes. I remember BJ going off about Sherk. GSP, Bisping, DC oh yeah and Hunt. I think some of them are clean...

Well Andy Foster did. He went 9-2 as a pro but hated the fact that he was fighting clean against PEDs cheaters that always got away with it. So he retired from fighting and began working in athletic commissions, literally trying to fix the problem he had as a fighter himself. He is now the current Executive Director of the California State Athletic Commission (the same commission that will judge Jones if his B-sample fails).

So yeah, I think some pros care a lot.

They openly mock the cheaters so yeah they do
If you didnt win clean u didnt really win period.

Wouldn't you?

Best case is you have to cheat and risk your health and career just to get a fair fight.

Ask any real fighter, it don't matter if its a 6 month cycle or a cup of coffee; PEDS are PEDS.

image52-660x400.jpeg

Depends. If they've done PED before, but never tested positive, they might just pretend that they are pissed, but deep down not so much.
If it's a clean fighter(Whole life), then yeah he'd be genuinely angry.
Sometimes the ones that have done it in the past, but stopped due to the strict testing, will get pissed, knowing first hand how much of an advantage it can give you.

Back