Do people still want to watch UFC after seeing TUF anymore?

The TUF season with the flyweights was one of the greatest seasons ever. Excellent fights, very little drama and everyone was all about putting in that work. But "manlets!" drove a lot of you "MMA fans" away from it.

Wasn't season 1 the one with i.e. Leben and pissing in the bed and so on and so forth? Are you romantizising the past?

What about the jizz in the sushi. And piss in the fresh cut up fruit. Fucked up on a whole different level.

Touch my fucking food will ya. I’ll teach you. Lawlor ate that sushi.

That was the season with Bader, Lawlor, and Soszynski. Junie Browning too.

The TUF season with the flyweights was one of the greatest seasons ever. Excellent fights, very little drama and everyone was all about putting in that work. But "manlets!" drove a lot of you "MMA fans" away from it.
I am a manlet and I don't like to watch manlets.

I mean, I'm also retarded and I wouldn't want to watch the retard spelling bee. Same concept pretty much.

Maybe you need to rewatch season 1 and 2 and so forth, they have always acted like drunken retards in the house. The only thing that's different, is that the talent pool gets shallower because the really great fighters get into the UFC without TUF, it's the guys who seem to be just not good enough that try to get in through TUF.
I think watching a PPV together is a much better way of getting people into MMA, or better yet, show them some youtube highlights of fights.
Yep. I got my fiance into MMA through taking her to big PPVs. And whenever I want to introduce her to a certain fighter, I show her their most famous fights/most violent finishes. Worked like a charm.

TUF has never been any different. It was always a stupid reality show. I always wished they had focused on the training so fans could better know what they're seeing in the cage and not locked the fighters up in the house. They could have done episodes highlighting individuals who looked like they had the right stuff and it could have created stars.
Instead, like the TS said, it focused on all the negative shit and made even the good fighters look like a bunch of immature assholes.

For me I watched all up to Season 10 and then slowly kinda faded in and out of watching. The real money in the show is when the coaches have animosity.

FOR EXAMPLE:
Rampage v. Rashad
Fight leads to next title shot
Hated Each Other
Tons of Trash Talk
(Also heavyweights fighting that season were awesome)

So they probably set the bar too high that season.

TUF season 1 showed UFC fighters as athletes and competitors. It really built the sport and culminated in an epic show of wills between Griffin and Bonnar. PPV sales and TV ratings jumped immediately.

Now, it just shows a bunch of drunks acting like idiots. Drama, etc. It serves as an anti-sport promotion. If you'd never seen UFC before and then you saw modern TUF drama, wouldn't you just think the UFC was a joke?

I watch MMA in spite of TUF.

TUF season 1 showed UFC fighters as athletes and competitors. It really built the sport and culminated in an epic show of wills between Griffin and Bonnar. PPV sales and TV ratings jumped immediately.

Now, it just shows a bunch of drunks acting like idiots. Drama, etc. It serves as an anti-sport promotion. If you'd never seen UFC before and then you saw modern TUF drama, wouldn't you just think the UFC was a joke?

Wasn't TUF 1 like crazy full of drama and drinking?I think people think it might be different cause it's played out and they are sick of it so it just seems monotonous and bland.I don't really care what they do,I download TUF after and skip to the fights if it's an interesting one and have for many years.I never really watched the bullshit even in the beginning I would download and skip to the fights.I don't think it's any different,just played out.

Fuck, maybe I'm just getting older. But it's embarrassing to tell adult peers that you're a fan of a sport, so they tune in and see that -- and they must think I'm retarded or something's wrong with me to be a die-hard fan of that at 25+. It's like meeting a dude that LOVES PRO WRESTLING at 40 years old. Maybe I gotta stop watching this shit.
Most people who watch MMA probably don’t even watch TUF, myself included.

To be honest man me and most my buddies were die hard way before tuff. We viewed tuff exactly how you are describing it now. So what I get from that is maybe it still does draw in New viewers. As the original one did back in the day. To us tuff was a blemish on the sport in the long run we were completely wrong. But then again most my buddies also stopped following the sport as hard core fans around that time as well.

Most people who watch MMA probably don’t even watch TUF, myself included.
Well if you've never seen UFC before and want to see what your friend or co-worker is saying is such an awesome sport, you channel search "UFC". You end up with people pissing on a bed and crying "Let me bang bro!" "I'll let you bang.. I'll let you bang."

You then never talk to that friend or co-worker ever again.

nah.
I would think TUF is a joke (which I do think, and that's why I stopped watching it a very long time ago).

It could have been so much more, but now that the UFC broke the very reason for TUF (before, the winner only would get a contract. Now anyone that makes noise gets to get into the UFC)...what's the point of having it?

I think it is because TUF became a reality TV show that some people watches it to be entertained, not really connected to the UFC.

I am a manlet and I don't like to watch manlets.

I mean, I'm also retarded and I wouldn't want to watch the retard spelling bee. Same concept pretty much.

The winner of retard spelling bee wins it by spelling "spelling".

They've been all the same. Not sure what made them athletes besides the fights. lol. But the show is horrible now. Same o same o. Nothing new, and it's like they try so hard now on camera and it doesn't come natural. If they really wanted to capture the athlete part of it, they would just do that but that doesn't sell like drama.

Why the fuck would I watch TUF when I could watch Gilmore Girls instead?

{<jimmies}

People still watch TUF?

Haven't seen it since season 8.

I stopped watching TUF a long time ago because I don't have any interest in watching TUF guy drunk drama ego bullshit.

Back