Do people really think Weidman is the superior fighter?

This proves you are talking out of your ass because Weidman himself has said he was just swinging for the fences, there was no ''faking'' or tactics whatsoever getting that KO

Training is instinct. Next.

Weidman is a prodigy, so to speak, in BJJ. Training 6 months and qualifying for ADCC's, even though Galvao won and somewhat shrugs Weidman off, the best in the world, have praised his BJJ. He easily passed through AS guard. His wrestling background is a great help obviously, he's very dangerous in the scramble. Roger Gracie, you know, the best competitive BJJ practitioner ever had this to say in regards to Weidmans skills: "I think [Weidman] is very, very dangerous. His grappling is at a very high level. He can submit any world-class grappler. I think he

This proves you are talking out of your ass because Weidman himself has said he was just swinging for the fences, there was no ''faking'' or tactics whatsoever getting that KO

Pressure is a tactic. When he threw that retarded backhand, he was getting as much offence in Anderson's face as he could to break him out of his comfort zone, and it worked. Of course he didn't plan that exactly that would happen, but the plan was obviously to throw a higher volume of strikes than Anderson could predict and try to catch Anderson off guard. You can't argue that it didn't work.

on that night, yes... but Anderson has a whole stack of bodies behind him that act as testament to who his skills.

I still have Anderson winning the rematch. But I wouldnt be shocked if I was proven wrong.

Today, yes. I think Anderson may be starting to slow down. 38-39, you can't just rely on your reflexes anymore. Anderson who was a hair quicker than everyone, may now be the same speed. The punch he dodges and throws the counter might have landed before, It did not vs Weidman. Was it because Weidman defended quicker than everyone before him, or was Anderson slower to the punch than he had been before.

He was in Weidmans head? Weidman whoops AS on the ground, AS yells across the ring in frustration, tells his coach he "Can't hit him", but AS was in Weidmans head, rrrrrright, do you see how delusional you sound?

In a post fight interview, Weidman said they were half assed shots to keep Silva guessing. (AS has to keep his hands lower against high evel wrestlers, in case you haven't noticed. This would allow CW to possibly land more strikes)

The rematch won't be one sided. Either man can win, sure, but one sided? No. If weidman decides to take him down, there won't be any low percentage sub attempts, it will be GNP till the bell rings or ref pulls him off. On the feet he's shown great distance control and patience, and can KO Silva. Advantage: Weidman.

OMG sure weidman koed Anderson but common he did 0 damage on the ground and was already tired on the second round and I'm not even a fan of Anderson.

And does not your comment that Anderson was not even trying to hit him "prove you are talking out of your ass" when Anderson has been quoted talking about how he could not hit him?

You're a troll. The only question is are you trolling to get guys to attack Anderson or not.

Yup, I think Weidman is a better fighter than current Anderson. Their next fight will really tell whether he is or not but I believe he is. He's nowhere near Anderson when it comes to all time list but Anderson had to start losing to the top fighters sometime and I think we're gonna start seeing it if he loses his next fight. I can't imagine being in kind of pressure Anderson was in for 6 years and keep winning. Can't take that away from him.

Of course some people do. It's not that bright to think so, but people hate Silva enough to think Weidman is the better overall fighter.

OMG sure weidman koed Anderson but common he did 0 damage on the ground and was already tired on the second round and I'm not even a fan of Anderson.
Are you sure you've seen the fight? That GnP was Fedor/Nog-esque. Anderson's head bounced off the canvas just like Nog's did.

Of course some people do. It's not that bright to think so, but people hate Silva enough to think Weidman is the better overall fighter.

Ya I mean what would anyone even fathom that Weidman is better. What real proof is there. I want something tangible.

Ya I mean what would anyone even fathom that Weidman is better. What real proof is there. I want something tangible.

Oh, wait, I forgot that you're only as good as you're last fight. Am I doing it right?

Compare their resume's/accomplishments. Pretty tangible, right?

Not really. Resume and accomplishment almost alway favor the older fighter and have too many variables that are impossible to take into account.

There's got to be some other way....

Back