Do people really think Mike Perry is superstar material?

He's entertaining, has a hawt GF, and knocks people the fuck out. What's not to like?!

So judging a fighter based on his performances is considered "jumping through hoops" now? lol come on. In 2016 Jake held his own against Tarec Saffiedine over 3 rounds, and was just outstruck by the better kickboxer, that came right after the KO defeat to Wonderboy too so it was a confidence booster, Saffiedine was a former champ. Jake then blew Matt Brown away in the opening round before losing to Jorge Masvidal via freak injury, admittedly after eating about 50 shots. That's the tale of a guy that still had something left to offer IMO and is a very dangerous opponent for most welterweights outside the top 5.

31-13-0 and he's only 32 years old
Again. Nobody gives a shit about a win over ranked 13 fighters when your still only ranked 15, 2 fights later and have a recent loss to a fellow unranked model.

Perry is amazing as a prelim or short notice exciting fight guy. He's probably best WW outside the top 10 from what we have to go on.

But when it comes to the top 10 he just has nothing to offer he's nowhere near those guys levels in any way shape or form.

The joubain figth was like the wonderboys matt brown fight for mike perry. It happens whatever everyone has loses.
Bisping is the undisputed champion of the world at 38! Years of age! yet it would be impossible for perry to do the same?

His next one is gonna be a barnburner. I think it depends alot on matchup, perry is an inside fighter/brawler and I think he is the best one right now. I think he knocks out woodley, cowboy and lawler in round 1.

Other, rangier 'technical' fighters like wonderboy and possibly massvidal will be tougher fight but if anyone can change the game with one single punch it's platinum mike perry.

he honestly haven't fought enough quality opponents for me to make a conclusion.

he did look like shit against Jouban though, it wasn't even like a freak win Jouban just out worked him in every aspect of the game, Perry was stuck in the mud all night and just eating strikes

People talk about him like he can be a future champion and ppv star. Is this serious or just an inside joke that I missed?

You is a fool he is exactly what mma need right now. Perry will be champion

Back