Do people really like Alice in Chains?

Music is to depressing for me but there an awesome band. Jerry is imo a great guitarist and writes great lyrics. Layne had one of the best voices ever. They are not grunge there rock.

Where they are from and timing are why they are called grunge.They got mixed in with the other "grunge"acts out of Seattle.They are pure metal...simple.Listen to Bleed the Freak.

Where they are from and timing are why they are called grunge.They got mixed in with the other "grunge"acts out of Seattle.They are pure metal...simple.Listen to Bleed the Freak.
If they was pure Metal the Slayer fans wouldn't have been such dicks to them. They was and still are a very versatile band not just one thing or another by far one of the heavier bands labeled with grunge but not Metal Metal.

If they was pure Metal the Slayer fans wouldn't have been such dicks to them. They was and still are a very versatile band not just one thing or another by far one of the heavier bands labeled with grunge but not Metal Metal.
Yeah man I get that definitely a different metal than Slayer.So many different genres & sub genres of metal now who really knows.

Love them. I bought the 2nd to last album(cd) when it came out and a younger relative of mine could not understand why I would buy an album when you can get everything for free these days. I had to explain how as a fan of theirs I'm happy to support the band by dropping a large sum of $13 as a token of appreciation. Young people are so disconnected from what the glory days of music were like and what separates real musicians from the lame crap they're fed today.

Seattle is sort of second home for me and I found out where Layne lived after news of his death and it was a regular old condo in the U District that I passed right by all the time. It's interesting how simple he lived as I'm assuming he must have been a millionaire. It had to be the heroin. Seems all he wanted was a roof with four walls and to be left alone with his drug - without the upkeep of a house. I got into a rap vs rock debate back in the day with a friend and he tried using Alice in Chains as an example of a band that glorifies drug use and I completely destroyed that argument by explaining the band's name as Alice (a drug reference) being chained up (a slave) and how anyone who really listened to the music would stay the hell away from heroin. In no way did they Layne glorify drugs - exactly the opposite. He admitted defeat. Seemed like such a great person - sad to see him go out like that (RIP).

I really really dislike them. I was into the general grunge movement but I never understood why people like anything Layne did. Seemed like a bunch of depressing ramblings of a heroine addict. I don't get it.
While I love depressed heroin addicts, Alice in Chains isn't profound with words or sound 0/2

Love them. I bought the 2nd to last album(cd) when it came out and a younger relative of mine could not understand why I would buy an album when you can get everything for free these days. I had to explain how as a fan of theirs I'm happy to support the band by dropping a large sum of $13 as a token of appreciation. Young people are so disconnected from what the glory days of music were like and what separates real musicians from the lame crap they're fed today.
I have all their cds even there best of cds a couple weeks after Layne died I found their Music Bank boxset it was strange listening to their early demos. Them along with Pantera and Zakk Wylde stuff I don't mind buying the cds make good driving music.

I have all their cds even there best of cds a couple weeks after Layne died I found their Music Bank boxset it was strange listening to their early demos. Them along with Pantera and Zakk Wylde stuff I don't mind buying the cds make good driving music.
Three kick ass bands man.Was lucky enough to see them all multiple times.

Dirt is a good album, I think that's hard to deny. I'm no superfan by any means but that album takes me back.

Seeing them Saturday with my little bro, hopefully they put on a good show.

Always loved Layne's voice and Jerry pumped out some cool riffs. Learned how to play guitar listening to AiC.

Seeing them Saturday with my little bro, hopefully they put on a good show.
I've seen some of their recent shows online. While Duvall certainly is no prime Layne, he does a good job, and when him and Jerry do the harmonies, it sounds VERY similar to when Layne was still alive. And they can all still play, so...

The show was bad ass! Jerry was straight up looking like Gandalf the Grey but they sounded good and played No Excuses so I was happy haha. My little bro really enjoyed it too it was his first concert and he had a really good time. Overall a great show.

The show was bad ass! Jerry was straight up looking like Gandalf the Grey but they sounded good and played No Excuses so I was happy haha. My little bro really enjoyed it too it was his first concert and he had a really good time. Overall a great show.

Good stuff man! Yeah I saw em for the first time a few years ago and was great, but geez Jerry looks way different these days ha ha

Back