Do people listen to music that has genuine appeal? Or they just think is cool??

Oh great, it's that thread where some depressed loser tells us that everything we do, watch, eat, read, listen to, etc has to have some deep existential meaning.
Shut up dude, Justin Bieber has more musical talent in the vein of his stubby little cock than you do you in a lifespan of pretending to that your opinion on music matters at all.

I dont know what's cool and can name maybe 5 percent of the bands at Coachella this year so no, I don't listen to stuff because it's cool. It's probably pretty far from cool actually

Still trying to figure put where this girl's "nice ass" fits in all of this but whatevs

Oh great, it's that thread where some depressed loser tells us that everything we do, watch, eat, read, listen to, etc has to have some deep existential meaning.
Shut up dude, Justin Bieber has more musical talent in the vein of his stubby little cock than you do you in a lifespan of pretending to that your opinion on music matters at all.

Alls I'm saying is - if you listen to this for it's melodic quality - then you're missing motherfuckin' fuckin' chromosome.

Dipshits that bop to this?
You think they're doing it for any reason other than they think it's trendy?

If I was Mandingo - you know what I'd do to their assholes...

stretched.jpg

The pimpin' ice cold, all these bitches wanna chill.

Alls I'm saying is - if you listen to this for it's melodic quality - then you're missing motherfuckin' fuckin' chromosome.

stretched.jpg

...it just sounds like club music to me. Some shit you would take mdma and dance to. Theres a big audience for that and they enjoy the shit out of it

I'm a music snob, and have been guilty of being super-judgmental about what people listen to.

But ultimately, music is subjective. One of the most talented musicians I know personally loves Nickleback. I don't "get" trendy music. But people like what they like. Music can just be fun.

I bet if TS listed his favorite bands, I'd probably judge his taste just as much as I would someone who lives and breathes for EDM.

I do think that most social groups will have a few people that are genuinely into music, whatever those tastes might be. They are the ones that look for new artists and maybe research older artists. Their friends just listen to the same mus to in order to fit in.

That's how it was when my parents were growing up, when I was growing up and I see the same thing with my little cousins.

I'm not sure the sad wanker who can't spell cello is in a great position to judge.

Alright, I have a pretty damn open mind when it comes to music, but I had to turn that off about 90 seconds in. lol, that shit was ridiculous.

not really it was alright.

embrace the beats gramps.

Last edited:

stretched.jpg

nah this pumps. as for melodic value the mid section of the song ticks that box.

Last edited:
Hipsters listen to whatever makes them feel superior, ironic, or a combination of the two.

Basic-bitches listen to whatever is on top-40 radio

Meatheads listen to whatever they can work out to

Nerds listen to whatever music is in a video game or anime

Tryhards listen to whatever offends other people the most

Boring people listen to classical music

this aint hipster music.

Do I judge people based on their taste in music? Oh yeah!

Do I try not to? Yeah. I mean, I wouldn't wanna be judged from the music I listen to. Or, come to think of it, I probably would. Mostly cuz I listen to all sorts of stuff, so if I were to be judged, I would probably come across as fucking cool and impossible to label ...

All I can say is that this new style of rap is retarded....Cardi B? Sounds like a cashier in all bodega in the Bronx. And the level of skills is so bad in hip hop now....the lack of composition, flow...no rhyming....Percocet lyrics...it’s awful.

Back