Do people confuse internet discourse for real life discourse?

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Allot of the outrage I see here, seems to be based on internet conversations. TDS, race, gender outrage, ect.

In fact, I think the reason young social activists seem so absurd, is because they can't differentiate between a internet echo chamber, and a real life interaction.

I say shit on here all the time, I would never say in real life to someone.

I rarely ever hear anyone talk about politics, and when I do, chances are I started the conversation.

What do you guys think. Is allot of the outrage out there, based on internet outrage, as opposed to real life experiences?

Discuss.........

It's tough cause you can't hear tone and see body language from the words on the screen.

Allot of the outrage I see here, seems to be based on internet conversations. TDS, race, gender outrage, ect.

In fact, I think the reason young social activists seem so absurd, is because they can't differentiate between a internet echo chamber, and a real life interaction.

I say shit on here all the time, I would never say in real life to someone.

I rarely ever hear anyone talk about politics, and when I do, chances are I started the conversation.

What do you guys think. Is allot of the outrage out there, based on internet outrage, as opposed to real life experiences?

Discuss.........
That's a pretty ridicul.......wait a minute yeah I do that too.

I’m not sure the young folks differentiate the two.

That's what I never understand. Twitter doesn't have to be a big deal if media outlets didn't act like it was. I hate when they act like outrage on that site means anything. Completely stupid.

Sounds like someone is scared people will find about his sherdog life.

It's tough cause you can't hear tone and see body language from the words on the screen.

With you, I always can.

Here is a visualization:

Optimized-Screen-Shot-2018-09-12-at-17.23.49-1000x600.jpg

Being relatively anonymous make people act like dicks. It’s true on the internet, and also in demonstrations when people wear masks.

Yes people link up and shoot it out over internet opinions.

Hell, if I am not mistaken, Bullshido has a Throwdown forum for guys that want to link up and settle grievances.

I don't think I've said things on here that I haven't said in real life but then I'm not as mental as a lot of the cunts on here .

Personally, I don't take internet discourse seriously....Its the internet..I grew up on it to know, not to take it seriously. I sometimes exaggerate points just to rustle jimmies. IRL I would make points in a nicer way.

However we got dumbasses on the right and left who take this shit way too seriously.

https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F822424%2F0e9adf4d-9908-4b54-9218-431d2e85cf64.jpg

On the right, you dumbasses, specifically old dumbasses who read an over the op sjw blog etc, and think all liberals think like that.

1*0mJk9zDw6JvG6l1WdQXK3w.jpeg

On the left, you got young people who obviously have never seen 4chan or any of the darker trolling places on the internet, who read fucked up youtube comments, etc....and think that's how all right wingers think.

Both sides have dumbasses, who can't handle the internet.

This is why I been saying, normies are the fucking problem....they are sensitive little bitches(see IRL, I would say this, in a nicer way)

I don't know if that problem is exclusive to 'social activists'. It seems like a lot of people are voting based on the 'facts' they get from online echo chamber rather than voting on policy.

Only a certain subset of people will post on the internet, but just because they don't post on the internet doesn't mean they hold more reasonable or rational views.

Yes, in real life people tend to be more cordial but that's only because they avoid political debates like the plague. In the few instances where someone who wasn't tuned into politics on the internet (not posting per say, but at least reading political stories) was willing to talk about their political views I've found them to posses the most uninformed yet strongly held views.

Back