Do liberals REALLY want Trump impeached?

As miserable as he is already? It is very, very clear that he hates what the job actually consists of. He misses his old life and it's only been five months! There were rumors that he initially hoped he could be a sort of figurehead and Mike Pence and cabinet officials could do the heavy lifting. 4 years...for him? Doubtful.
I hope that's wrong even though it gets him out of office. The Trump gang would be left to run amok in DC if he quits without full revelation of everybody's bad deeds.

Which could lead to him looking more guilty, being compelled and then giving Congress reason to look at obstruction of justice if he still refused. He's also in danger of costing the GOP seats in the midterms, further endangering his presidency.
I've heard a few really smart people who have consistently put that as the bottom line.

So long as Republicans have the White House we are not going to prosper. So it doesn't matter whether it is Trump or Pence or anyone else in the Republican Party. If Trump does get impeached that would be a major blow because it would validate everything his critics said about him. He is unqualified for the job and mentally unfit to lead. Beyond that hopefully Americans come to their senses and just vote a Democrat in to office next time.

Oh...Flynn is going down. I'd wager almost certainly Manafort as well.

I think I may agree with Tony Schwartz, who wrote Art Of The Deal. He feels eventually Trump will resign.

He said All Trump cares about is winning or losing, there is nothing else to the man. That the humiliation of his unpopularity must be driving him nuts. That he wants to figure a way out, as he always does, in some demented way to turn a loss into a victory, by whatever excuse he'll make. We'll see.

He's going to bite Mueller's ear, and then when he's warned that a second instance will lead to a DQ, he'll do it again. He'll lose the presidency but at least come off like a scary alpha.

So long as Republicans have the White House we are not going to prosper. So it doesn't matter whether it is Trump or Pence or anyone else in the Republican Party. If Trump does get impeached that would be a major blow because it would validate everything his critics said about him. He is unqualified for the job and mentally unfit to lead. Beyond that hopefully Americans come to their senses and just vote a Democrat in to office next time.

His critics have already been completely validated. He's been in office four months and his whole presidency is coming unraveled thanks to unprecedented corruption and incompetence.

Last edited:
OK, so would evidence that the memo exists and says what people who have seen it say it says change your mind here?

To my thinking, the suggestion that multiple media sources are fabricating this or misrepresenting the level of certainty of the case is wildly improbable. To the point that I feel very comfortable describing the existence of the memo as a known fact.
Again, what we've got is a report on a piece of a memo written by Comey read by someone else to a third party. Even if it exists and was read word-for-word (not saying it doesn't or wasn't), it is essentially worthless without Comey testifying that he felt Trump was interfering in or pressuring him to drop a case against Flynn. If that happens, then Trump's going to be in hot water. If Comey says that he didn't feel pressured to drop the case or that Trump was legitimately trying to interfere with the investigation, then it likely amounts to nothing.

Last edited:
Again, what we've got is a report on a piece of a memo written by Comey read by someone else to a third party. Even if it exists and was read word-for-word (not saying it wasn't), it is essentially worthless without Comey testifying that he felt Trump was interfering in or pressuring him to drop a case against Flynn. If that happens, then Trump's going to be in hot water. If Comey says that he didn't feel pressured to drop the case or that Trump was legitimately trying to interfere with the investigation, then it likely amounts to nothing.
Doubtful that Comey would have acknowledged the existence of the memo if he wasn't prepared to support it with testimony.

Doubtful that Comey would have acknowledged the existence of the memo if he wasn't prepared to support it with testimony.
Fantastic, and at that point we'll get the information we've all been seeking.

Again, what we've got is a report on a piece of a memo written by Comey read by someone else to a third party. Even if it exists and was read word-for-word (not saying it wasn't), it is essentially worthless without Comey testifying that he felt Trump was interfering in or pressuring him to drop a case against Flynn. If that happens, then Trump's going to be in hot water. If Comey says that he didn't feel pressured to drop the case or that Trump was legitimately trying to interfere with the investigation, then it likely amounts to nothing.

Sure. You're talking about the actual process of the impeachment, and I'd agree that they need testimony and to get as full a picture as they can. I just said that based on what is already publicly known, impeachment is justified. You get the difference? We know enough that it should be done, but they shouldn't do it without going through a more formal process

Fantastic, and at that point we'll get the information we've all been seeking.
That isn't guaranteed. It's possible that he may only give sworn testimony to Mueller's team and there's no guarantee that one then be made public.

Sure. You're talking about the actual process of the impeachment, and I'd agree that they need testimony and to get as full a picture as they can. I just said that based on what is already publicly known, impeachment is justified. You get the difference? We know enough that it should be done, but they shouldn't do it without going through a more formal process
I get the difference and still disagree. What is publicly known at this time is only justification for impeachment if it is seen and put into context.

That isn't guaranteed. It's possible that he may only give sworn testimony to Mueller's team and there's no guarantee that one then be made public.
Good thing reports are saying he only wants to testify publicly.

But yeah, we may not get details, but knowing that Comey testified and getting an official result of the investigation gives us much more insight to the situation than we currently have.

I get the difference and still disagree. What is publicly known at this time is only justification for impeachment if it is seen and put into context.

Fair enough. You agree that it should be looked into, though, right? I think we're splitting hairs. They should confirm that the evidence is what it appears to be and says what it appears to say and then impeach if it is vs. they got the evidence, and they just need to confirm it.

Good thing reports are saying he only wants to testify publicly.

But yeah, we may not get details, but knowing that Comey testified and getting an official result of the investigation gives us much more insight to the situation than we currently have.
That was Congressional testimony. He didn't want that in a closed session, but rather a public hearing. Now he may only give testimony to the Mueller investigation in order to avoid any testimony given to Congress hindering the Mueller investigation. It's been suggested that Comey may ask Mueller for his opinion on whether or not he should also agree to testify before a Congressional committee.

Fair enough. You agree that it should be looked into, though, right? I think we're splitting hairs. They should confirm that the evidence is what it appears to be and says what it appears to say and then impeach if it is vs. they got the evidence, and they just need to confirm it.
I think it needs to be looked into, as do other legitimate allegations of illegal activity.

I can see it now:

At my dinner with President Trump, it became clear to me that the President was indicating that we should let go of the investigation into the illegal activities of Michael Flynn, who at the time was the National Security Advisor. This, without a doubt put me in a position that I feel impacted my ability to perform the investigation to the fullest extent. In other words, I do feel justice was obstructed.

However, I did not find there evidence that President Trump intended to violate laws regarding obstruction of justice.

tumblr_inline_ntrv7vRh781t7hiz8_500.gif

Last edited:
I think it needs to be looked into, as do other legitimate allegations of illegal activity.

It's more than just illegal activity. The president firing the FBI director who is investigating his team (after asking him to stop) might be legal, but it's certainly obstruction of justice and impeachable (pending the formality of confirming that it happened and depending on Congress putting country before party).

It's more than just illegal activity. The president firing the FBI director who is investigating his team (after asking him to stop) might be legal, but it's certainly obstruction of justice and impeachable (pending the formality of confirming that it happened and depending on Congress putting country before party).

It isn't just Comey. Trump has fired 3 high ranking officials who had been investigating his administration or members of his administration.

Do you find the world a dark and confusing place?
Is that you're cohesive theory about how Russia change the election you're just like the rest of them keep up with the deep thinking.

he wall and the shitty healthcare reform bills coming from the right are retarded as fuck..
You don't think a serious wall would stop a lot of cocaine and heroin coming into the US?

You don't think a serious wall would stop a lot of cocaine and heroin coming into the US?

No, it wouldn't because the cartels already use much better methods than the underpants of a guy crossing the desert. Boats, planes, subs, and trucks

Back