Do kids/young teens watch UFC/MMA at all???

I was like 10/11 when I started watching

I am not sure, I remember knowing people who would have their kids watch MMA with them and would love to show off how their kid could kind of pull off an armbar.
It was pretty silly and the kids really didn't have any interest, but most of said parents and kids have moved on from MMA.

However if a parent and child watch and or participate in MMA together and they both genuinely enjoy it there is definitely nothing wrong with that.

p705lcE.jpg

Coleman2.jpg

In my personal experience most of the kids 10-17 that have been exposed to MMA casually have enjoyed it. The issue is UFC/MMA has not found a way to hook people in who don't train.

I can only speak for my kids. My daughters never watch it. My son, 10 years old, has gone to the gym a few times with me and watched a few events, but he's not very into it. He much prefers watching action movies like Jackie Chan or Avengers or stuff like that.

Whose really going to pay that much for a kid who doesn't have the full storyline of the fighter?

A kid isn't going to know Luke Rockhold's last 12 months of preparation for example.

A kid who watches a 5 minute or 25 minute fight isn't going to understand the drama as much as an adult would get the drama of it all.

Is a kid really going to have the brainpower to foresee the downfall of Hector or Yoel?

I think most highschoolers or even middleschoolers know the "big names" like Conor and Ronda. Doubt many kids that age follow it religiously like us old men.
Mate you would be suppressed I’m 12 and follow it like mad more then football

My grandkids and I haven’t missed an event since UFC 114

How much do kids actually watch basic cable? How much MMA is shown on basic cable channels?

I was exposed to MMA through the internet and then was able to start following due to SPIKE. Idk if kids/teens these days watch a lot of cable tv. Seems like streaming and internet access would make it so kids/teens don’t stumble upon it too much

I’ve never seen any children at the various events I’ve gone to but that doesn’t surprise me as I’ve never gone to an event

If the parents watch it then kids do that for sure. My dad got me watch ufc 1 on ppv and him and I are the only watch it in my family really. My friends kids watch it mma.

But hey most kids when I was in school didn’t really watch boxing/mma/kickboxing. If they ones did they only knew big names main stream. Only handful followed combat sports unknown names. It’s probably the same but for the kids that do follow it have it easier finding stuff on the internet.

Back