Do decent American boxing gloves even exist anymore?

Now that's misleading.

What is interesting is how cheap KO fight gear and Pro Boxing bags are for their quality and being made in the US. I guess they save a bunch on not having to ship that weight.

They are better then most of the title/ringside bags, all everlast (expect their premium 800 dollar bag), and the synthetic leather bags by companies.

What is interesting is how cheap KO fight gear and Pro Boxing bags are for their quality and being made in the US. I guess they save a bunch on not having to ship that weight.

They are better then most of the title/ringside bags, all everlast (expect their premium 800 dollar bag), and the synthetic leather bags by companies.

cheaper than sharp objects you carry when you rolling on the mat? :)

are Double-A gloves made in Mexico?

P.S. Wow, after being on here off and on since 2002 I just realized there is an ignore list! Now I just have to learn how to upload pictures.

Last edited:
are Double-A gloves made in Mexico?

P.S. Wow, after being on here off and on since 2002 I just realized there is an ignore list! Now I just have to learn how to upload pictures.

I don't think so. Clamp did a review on them, you should check that thread.

I knew about Legacy but didnt bother to post a link because I think they only do bulk orders. I think Doom was able to get a pair of of craigslist.

I just remembered I have two pair of ringside bag gloves that were made in the US (or so they claim). I got them on discount for 5$ each a few months ago, they fit great, however the padding is breaking down FAST.

Apparently they tried to make a whole line of US made gear, but nobody bought it...

Here is a listing of the USA made MMA gloves, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ringside-US..._Equipment&hash=item3cc4d6d63a#ht_1025wt_1165 they too were 5$ each during the sale, and if they are anything like the bag gloves they will break down quickly.

cheaper than sharp objects you carry when you rolling on the mat? :)

Lol, the nub got dub'd....

I think the Double A gloves are just modeled after mexican gloves, but made over seas; I tried to order a pair but wouldn't ship to Canada????

I just remembered I have two pair of ringside bag gloves that were made in the US (or so they claim). I got them on discount for 5$ each a few months ago, they fit great, however the padding is breaking down FAST.

Apparently they tried to make a whole line of US made gear, but nobody bought it...

Here is a listing of the USA made MMA gloves, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ringside-US..._Equipment&hash=item3cc4d6d63a#ht_1025wt_1165 they too were 5$ each during the sale, and if they are anything like the bag gloves they will break down quickly.

We designed and had manufactured a line of USA made goods. We needed a line of equipment totally made in the USA in order to get some government orders. We weren't happy with the quality of the line at all but the government could have cared less they just had to fill the requirement of being made entirely in the USA. Unfortunatly you can't get a high quality USA made good that can comes close to one being made overseas. They were way overpriced because the quality was bad. We had no intention of ever offering them to the general public. After we decided it was too much of a pain to get them made here we discontinued the line. We only had a few pieces left so we marked them way down and sold them to our normal customer. If you paid $5 for your gloves you got a deal because they probably cost us around $35. I can't see us ever going that route again.

We designed and had manufactured a line of USA made goods. We needed a line of equipment totally made in the USA in order to get some government orders. We weren't happy with the quality of the line at all but the government could have cared less they just had to fill the requirement of being made entirely in the USA. Unfortunatly you can't get a high quality USA made good that can comes close to one being made overseas. They were way overpriced because the quality was bad. We had no intention of ever offering them to the general public. After we decided it was too much of a pain to get them made here we discontinued the line. We only had a few pieces left so we marked them way down and sold them to our normal customer. If you paid $5 for your gloves you got a deal because they probably cost us around $35. I can't see us ever going that route again.

You guys had the sparring gloves, headgear, mma gloves, bag gloves, no foul protector all on sale for 5$. Were you supplying the MMAP or something similar?

Ringside is made in Pakistan and is mid-tier quality. All of the other US gear companies have their gear outsourced to China, Pakistan, Mexico, India, Vietnam...

Rumor has it that Sergio is going to start making boxing gloves, if that is true he will be one of the only true US boxing gloves companies.
Mos of the world famous brands have outsourced their boxing and mma gear as welll as Bjj gis to Pakistan.

Is it true that no matter where the gloves are stitched together, the foam for the padding came from Pakistan?

OK, I googled it. For anyone curious, the foams can be made other places, but the specific grades used in gloves are generally only available by special request, likely at inflated prices.

Back