do boxers throw superman punches?

liquidfire

Purple Belt
Reaction score
i don't follow boxing much except knowing that mayweather is the best boxer in world lol. anyways do boxers throw superman punches? i haven't heard of them doing this before.

no. The use would be destroyed in seconds flat.

superman punch only serves a purpose in a kickboxing or mma bout because it's effectiveness is by seeming to be a low kick instead of a punch. no use in boxing at all.

The announcers said this weekend that PACQUIAO was throwing Superman punches. But it's just Pac throwing from below while lunging.

Anyway here is the Legendary Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. dropping Roger Mayweather with a Superman punch. At 7:07.

The announcers said this weekend that PACQUIAO was throwing Superman punches. But it's just Pac throwing from below while lunging.

Anyway here is the Legendary Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. dropping Roger Mayweather with a Superman punch. At 7:07.

EDIT-gif fail
joe stevenson would be proud

gotta have both feet on the ground in boxing I think.

not sure about that one but I always thought it was illegal.

superman punch only serves a purpose in a kickboxing or mma bout because it's effectiveness is by seeming to be a low kick instead of a punch. no use in boxing at all.

Well it's more likely to be a fake for a body kick or jumping knee but as you say there is no point to throwing one in boxing. I think a lot of guys in MMA miss the point of the superman punch entirely.

The spinning backfist and backfist aren't allowed in boxing not because they aren't effective but because the don't make contact with the right part of the glove. The spin I guess would also be prohibited because you are turning your back on your opponent.

Well if manny were to pretend to throw a low kick but instead do a superman punch, would that be against the rules?

Well if manny were to pretend to throw a low kick but instead do a superman punch, would that be against the rules?

if he kicked it would be.it would be retarded to do in a fight a boxer is not going to try and check the leg kick so it removes the whole point of it he would be better to use a feign instead
2u6g406.gif

tysongif3bw-1.gif

this is what would happen if you used it in boxing the boxer would ignore it and punch you

1)Well it's more likely to be a fake for a body kick or jumping knee but as you say there is no point to throwing one in boxing. I think a lot of guys in MMA miss the point of the superman punch entirely.

2)The spinning backfist and backfist aren't allowed in boxing not because they aren't effective but because the don't make contact with the right part of the glove. The spin I guess would also be prohibited because you are turning your back on your opponent.

1) totally agree.

2) Its not that backfists are prohibited because they're ineffective, hitting with the back of your fists aren't allowed altogether, same with rabbit punches, or as MMA dudes call it "hammer fists."

yeah he was lunging amazingly gus knows less about boxing then mma.here is the greatest lunging punch ever floyd patterson's gazelle punch at 9:45

I've thrown a superman multiple times in Muay Thai sparring and I paid for it every time when I failed to set it up with low leg kicks. It can be effective, but you've got to be fast, hit hard, and set it up.

I really don't see how this punch could be of any use in boxing.

If a boxer tried to throw one, it had better land and be effective or else the arena would erupt in laughter.

Donno why any boxer would do a superman punch like in mma. I also heard the same from the Pac-Mosley that Pac was doing superman punches...No he's not he's lunging with his punches bec Mosley is backpedaling.

Boxers usually don't cartwheel either.

There's no real point as you would normally throw it when faking a kick. You can't generate the same power as you would with a straight. It's a single shot that's difficult to follow up and would be very risky against a skilled boxer imo because you can't really set it up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back