Do blood types respond better to different routines?

Fahcough

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Might be too deep in the rabbit hole. Just the random wonders of the day while cutting grass.

Does blood type steer one towards muscle growth or better for cardio sports or better recovery after intense sessions?

Yes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5497099/

"
Results
In univariate analysis, running performance was significantly associated with age and weekly training, but not with body mass index. In multiple linear regression analysis, age and weekly training remained significantly associated with running performance. The ABO blood group status was also found to be independently associated with running time, with O blood type athletes performing better than those with non-O blood groups. Overall, age, weekly training and O blood group type explained 62.2% of the total variance of running performance (age, 41.6%; training regimen, 10.5%; ABO blood group, 10.1%).

Conclusions
The results of our study show that recreational athletes with O blood group have better endurance performance compared to those with non-O blood group types. This finding may provide additional support to the putative evolutionary advantages of carrying the O blood group.
"

I am type B and my conditioning has always been dog shit. The best I've ran was a ~6:30 mile.
That's still moving pretty good pace. Don't let the internet 5 min mile be a standard. Most guys at work who say they run often do it at a 9-10 minute pace.
6:30 is steady speed, especially if you can do it 3 times.

Yes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5497099/

"
Results
In univariate analysis, running performance was significantly associated with age and weekly training, but not with body mass index. In multiple linear regression analysis, age and weekly training remained significantly associated with running performance. The ABO blood group status was also found to be independently associated with running time, with O blood type athletes performing better than those with non-O blood groups. Overall, age, weekly training and O blood group type explained 62.2% of the total variance of running performance (age, 41.6%; training regimen, 10.5%; ABO blood group, 10.1%).

Conclusions
The results of our study show that recreational athletes with O blood group have better endurance performance compared to those with non-O blood group types. This finding may provide additional support to the putative evolutionary advantages of carrying the O blood group.
"
<TheWire1>
Why is nobody talking about this?

<TheWire1>
Why is nobody talking about this?

There's no bottom to this hole.
so much information to sort through . Don't have a huge reading attention span but in https://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?1002 they're saying O does excellent in response to extreme physical activities. Weights, running, swimming, biking
A produces the most adrenaline in response to stress, O breaks the adrenaline down the slowest.
Type B does better with mental stimulation & social activities like cycling, hiking, tennis
Type A with low impact Thi Chi, aerobics, yoga - something to do with lowering stress due to cortisol production

This info is grabbed via skim browsing, not writing a term paper. It does get interesting but coffee just said morning deuce is here.

Im sure im genetically more strength then endudance. Always have been. Always was a lousy runner.

There's no bottom to this hole.
so much information to sort through . Don't have a huge reading attention span but in https://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?1002 they're saying O does excellent in response to extreme physical activities. Weights, running, swimming, biking
A produces the most adrenaline in response to stress, O breaks the adrenaline down the slowest.
Type B does better with mental stimulation & social activities like cycling, hiking, tennis
Type A with low impact Thi Chi, aerobics, yoga - something to do with lowering stress due to cortisol production

This info is grabbed via skim browsing, not writing a term paper. It does get interesting but coffee just said morning deuce is here.

Isn't that stuff full on pseudo-science ?

In the academy I out sprinted a guy who supposedly ran 4:30ish mile at one point in his life when he was a soccer player. We had only a couple sprint type runs but I beat him easily. He was running a 5 something min pace easily for 1.5 mile. He was about 60-80 lb lighter(he was 140-160lb) than me too. Then again I have always been horrible at distance running. Even on HS cross country team when I was 140-150lb, I had no endurance. I ran the 5k in probably 25+ min.

Interesting topic. I’m not sure how much stock I put in those studies though. I know that ISSA has a DNA certification that supposedly they can tell you based on metrics what activities you would be best at.

How many of us are at a constant body battle fighting what it's programmed for. Having runners blood and hate cardio or having beefcake blood and just want to do pilates.
Most people will never push themselves to or achieve a level where this becomes a factor in their lives/athletic pursuits.

Back