Do any UFC fighters have more heart than Rory?

I mean against the UFC title holder at the time, obviously.

Call it bias, or whatever, but I don’t hold as much stock in the bellator title.

Your point was clear; I was being a smart ass. Still, Douglas Lima is legit af and Rory easily beat the current UFC champ

Urijah Faber has some serious heart. Second Mike Brown fight he broke his right hand and left thumb early, threw elbow bombs for 3 rounds. Aldo destroyed his leg, still hobbled across the finish line. Broke a rib early vs. Barao 1, and stayed in there the whole time. Got caught in a sweet judo throw by Alcantara, spent a bunch of time on his back in the first round then dominated the last two. Hung in there and beat Conor in that one coaches' challenge on TUF...

Your point was clear; I was being a smart ass. Still, Douglas Lima is legit af and Rory easily beat the current UFC champ
I don’t disagree. Rory was the better man against Woodley. Kinda strange that Rory can’t beat Lawler, Woodley murdered Lawler, but Rory can shut down Woodley.

I don’t disagree. Rory was the better man against Woodley. Kinda strange that Rory can’t beat Lawler, Woodley murdered Lawler, but Rory can shut down Woodley.
Why MMAmath doesn't work!

Him and Bisping are true warriors. Only a fan of the first however.

I still firmly believe that Woodley's KO of Lawler was a once off... Kind of like Bisping knocking out Rockhold. Woodley is a solid fighter but he has an incredibly slow pace and doesn't do well when he gets swarmed.

It's hard to speculate but barring that one punch in the first two minutes of the fight, I would have picked Lawler to beat Woodley just based on volume of his attacks.

Remember Tate in her first fight vs Ronda (was in Invicta I guess). Ronda did a full 360 with her arm and she still would not quit! Her toughness in that single fight deserves a mention. Oh an Misha, if you are reading, my phone number is 1-819-569-1390 ;)

After watching some of Rory's fights, it's incredible how much heart the kid has. He will shatter his nose in fights and push through for another 15-20 minutes. He fought 15 minutes of the Lima fight essentially on one leg. The craziest part is that he loves when he gets in these wars. He said the 2nd Lawler fight was the greatest time of his life. This guy truly is the Red King.
i think its a question of cardio + heart. many have fought with a broken nose, arm etc. through most of the fight.

I still firmly believe that Woodley's KO of Lawler was a once off... Kind of like Bisping knocking out Rockhold. Woodley is a solid fighter but he has an incredibly slow pace and doesn't do well when he gets swarmed.

It's hard to speculate but barring that one punch in the first two minutes of the fight, I would have picked Lawler to beat Woodley just based on volume of his attacks.
Possibly. Hard for me to say. Lawler has beaten quality opposition. His previous performances suggest he should’ve taken Woodley... but damn, Woodley cracks HARD when he punches. I was also surprised he hurt Wonderboy the way he did. I think his speed surprises people.

Back