Do any of you have a fight/arcade stick?

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
I just picked one up and I've been having a blast using it for my mame arcade emulator. It is also compatible with my 360 and XB1 and is fun for fighting and classic games.

I know they can be pricey, but I picked this Mayflash one up for $60 and it's awesome. It is also compatible with the PS3 and PS4

HTB19lFwLXXXXXaUXVXXq6xXFXXXJ.jpg

I also switched out the square gate it came with a octagon gate which is a must if you want to play side scroller games. It's only a $5 upgrade and it's super easy to do. Bellow is a video that describes the difference in the stick gates. The octagon one is what the North American machines had and the square was the one that was common for Japan.

This was the last arcade stick I owned. Yeah, it's been a while.

kH2sG.jpg

This was the last arcade stick I owned. Yeah, it's been a while.

kH2sG.jpg

What system was this for? It looks pretty sweet. I like the American style con cave buttons as mine has the Japanese convex style ones. It also has the American style teardrop joystick while mine has the stick and ball. They are easy to switch out, but it's not really that big of a deal.

I could never get used to fight sticks, D pad for life.

What system was this for? It looks pretty sweet. I like the American style con cave buttons as mine has the Japanese convex style ones. It also has the American style teardrop joystick while mine has the stick and ball. They are easy to switch out, but it's not really that big of a deal.

PS2 and Dreamcast.

Whatever works for you. It's not like a stick is necessary for fighting games these days.

Are you old enough to have spent any time in the arcades? I agree that a dpad is better for most modern gaming, but for running an arcade emulator or fighting games I really dig an arcade stick. I mostly got it for my running mame. I do have quite a few old arcade games between my XB1 and 360 too, that are fun with the stick.

PS2 and Dreamcast.

Whatever works for you. It's not like a stick is necessary for fighting games these days.

Yeah been told by people way way better then me that D-pad is just as good as a fight stick if it's what you are used to.

Are you old enough to have spent any time in the arcades? I agree that a dpad is better for most modern gaming, but for running an arcade emulator or fighting games I really dig an arcade stick.

Yeah spent shit loads of time in arcades back in the day so no stranger to sticks. I think for me it's the longer range of motion on the stick where a dpad is just there.

Yeah been told by people way way better then me that D-pad is just as good as a fight stick if it's what you are used to.

The inputs aren't as strict as they were in the older games. A lot of the top players use pad.

Hell, use a keyboard if it's comfortable.

I had a nice Asciiware Genesis stick for Street Fighter and later bought a Hori Super Famicom stick in Japan. It's a shame I'm not likely going to be able to use those for other games via some sort of USB adapter. I even bought a NES official stick.

I have a hori stick with usb, I think it’s only for 360

Got 3 sticks. Hori, MadCatz & Razer. All good in their own way.

I got a HRAP3 for my PS3 and PC.

Namco Noir layout
Sanwa buttons
Crown 309MJ K-Stick with Golden Crown kit and Sanwa batttop
Neutrik USB passthrough
Stock PCB

Still need to replace the screws with black ones.

vqmzye.jpg

I also have a Quanba Q1 with Sanwa lever/buttons for guests.

Are universal standardized backwards/forwards compatible USB controllers the future?

I scrimped and got a cheap one from Amazon, it was a poor choice as it barely registers diagonals. I might get a TE at some point the problem is ideally I'd need two for couch co-op and the price isn't really justifiable.

I scrimped and got a cheap one from Amazon, it was a poor choice as it barely registers diagonals. I might get a TE at some point the problem is ideally I'd need two for couch co-op and the price isn't really justifiable.

The one I posted in the OP works great and it was only $60 new. Just spend the extra $5 and put a octagonal restricter gate in it.

Back