DNC spent 700 million on just 5 Consultants during Election.

That is a shit ton of money for a group that Obama bankrupted by the near end of his term....
tenor.gif

Good old Hillary refilled the coffers....that is how she won the DNC crown.

When the money from largecorporations can buy them favor over the good of the people (just my opinion), though lobbying and campaign donations. We end up with laws that take power away from the people. Our government is supposed to be for the people by the people.
Unions do the same thing. Is that ok?

Except the democrats aren't trying to crush healthcare then amke massive cuts seniors off Medicare Medicaid and social security.

They're not even close to the same

Personal I'd say not ok, once again each individual can donate their own personal money.

700 mil?Seems they could have helped the people they so desperately want to vote for them.

That's fine. But corporations are run by people and they have the right to free speech. Not sure how a group of people has less rights than the individual.

So if money is the equivalent of free speech does that mean my freedom of speech is being infringed upon when I am denied network ad time to promote my viewpoints due to my inability to pay?

So a unionized labor force is an enemy? Do you know the advantages that Big Business has over labor? They own the means of production. They own the politicians. They own the Chambers of Commerce in every city in every state in the country. They have a compliant federal government.

What the fuck does labor have? Oh that's right, solidarity. That's it.

So if money is the equivalent of free speech does that mean my freedom of speech is being infringed upon when I am denied network ad time to promote my viewpoints due to my inability to pay?

Nope. Just means your vocabulary isn't as developed as some.

And money is not so much equivalent as it is another form. Signs are free speech but you don't get to post whatever you want wherever you want. But you can't honestly say advertising isn't speech, can you? Advertising costs money. To disallow expenditures that help bring a message to the attention of the public is clearly a restriction on speech.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advertising

Definition of advertising
: the action of calling something to the attention of the public especially by paid announcements

Reminds me of when Trump was roasting Hillary on her corruption and how the people in the room started to get really pissed off and uncomfortable:

"I don't know who they're angry at Hillary, you or I?"

Why is the woman behind Trump wearing rubber gloves? Looks like she's just finished up washing some dishes.

But you can't honestly say advertising isn't speech, can you? Advertising costs money. To disallow expenditures that help bring a message to the attention of the public is clearly a restriction on speech.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advertising

What part of the difference between the advertising expenditure on public versus private "goods" don't you understand?

Do you really think Paramount spending millions to promote Tom Cruise prior to the release of his new Paramount produced action flick is the same as the Koch brothers spending millions to promote a US presidential candidate??

What part of the difference between the advertising expenditure on public versus private "goods" don't you understand?

Do you really think Paramount spending millions to promote Tom Cruise prior to the release of his new Paramount produced action flick is the same as the Koch brothers spending millions to promote a US presidential candidate??

The relevant part you're attempting to bring to bear in this discussion. Maybe your ability to discern what's relevant is thwarting your understanding?

If you can't differentiate within the bounds of the First Amendment then you're nothing more than some whiney bitch looking to get her way because of feelings. Too bad so sad if it doesn't work out that way for you. You can't possible be trying to float the notion that the First covers commercial speech but not political speech, right? If anything, it's the opposite. Don't you think? Personally I think it's both.

$700,000,000 for 65,853,516 votes.

I remember back in the mid 80s, Jessie Jackson did the cold opening for SNL. In it, he stated that he should be considered the winner of the presidential election because his campaign spend the least amount of money per vote. Since he was more efficient, he should be president.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back