DNA Tests to find out about ancestry:

I used ancestry DNA. I got it on sale for 80 dollars. Most of it could have easily been guessed by my family names (German and Irish) but I also found out I have some Spanish and Norwegian blood, which is cool. You should get it.
Its always legit until you find something you dont like.

What I got from the article is that it's not a scam. But someone down the street from you might have similar DNA to you so it also is a scam at the same time. The world is a melting pot. If you want to know who you are just look in the mirror.

Whatever the fuck they were trying to say they need to work on their writing skills and drop the hippie bullshit.
Your looks dont determine race.

Thats an intellectually lazy way to define race.

Your looks dont determine race.

Thats an intellectually lazy way to define race.
In a lot of ways, looking in the mirror to find yourself is the wisest thing to do. It's always good to remember you're a unique individual with choices and consequences, you are all you can control and you decide what the future holds. Race will always be changing anyways.

Last edited:
It says I'm a Sherdogger which means:
  • 6'5 300lbs 4% bodyfat
  • 15" schlong
  • can secks boise dimes for 144h straight
  • 500-0 street fighting record
  • too dangerous for teh UFC

Alright, I got my results from 23andMe...

Genetic Composition.jpg

Everything is pretty much as expected, but I'm kind of annoyed that the Unassigned portion is so big. 15%? WTF dudes?!

Improve your algorithms!

Know there are some Filipino members here so I will share my gf’s results. She was expecting more Spanish/European ancestry.

It was 99.8% East Asian
0.5% Japanese
0.1% European

I would rather do the other one that supposed to tell you about diseases and genetic traits. Getting to know my ethnicity is cool I guess but I'd rather get a little more if I'm forking over $100.

I'm a brown turd. That's all I need to know.

I would rather do the other one that supposed to tell you about diseases and genetic traits. Getting to know my ethnicity is cool I guess but I'd rather get a little more if I'm forking over $100.
The ones you're talking about are more than $100.

Alright, I got my results from 23andMe...

View attachment 280219

Everything is pretty much as expected, but I'm kind of annoyed that the Unassigned portion is so big. 15%? WTF dudes?!

Improve your algorithms!

You should call 23nme and ask wtf is unidentified. That is bullshit. could you be part alien?

Thanks for posting

If anyone is interested, I did a lot of research on this before choosing 23andme as the company to test with. I'm super interested in this shit and am curious how much racial admixture my family has.

I got pretty geeky and researched this shit pretty hardcore. If you're interested, below is all the info I've gathered in a nutshell.

There are 4 main companies that do this - FamilytreeDNA (the oldest one), 23andme, Ancestry DNA and the National Geographic GENO 2.0.
They each have their pros and cons and there isn't one best test. A lot of people test with multiple. companies to be in their database. Each company has their own DNA database where you can connect with distant cousins, etc.

FamilyTreeDNA - The oldest company and offers the most extensive and comprehensive testing. Results are kind of hard to read/technical and web interface needs work.
AncestryDNA - Has the largest DNA database, so this is best for finding and connecting with distant cousins, etc. The con is that the racial admixture info you immediately get is not as good.
National Geographic GENO 2.0 - This is the most "scientific" out of the companies as you are basically entering your DNA info into a long term and ongoing scientific project. The con is that you don't get that much immediate info, but are contributing to "future" research.
23andme - Has the best genetic ethnicity estimates - also how much Neanderthal DNA you have etc. 23andme has the best consumer friendly website user interface IMO and gives the more detailed info for Asians. That's why I picked this.
There are 3 kinds of DNA tests available.
  • Y-DNA traces your father’s father’s father’s line
  • mtDNA (mito or mitochondrial) traces your mother’s mother’s mother’s line
  • and atDNA (autosomal) traces ALL your ancestral lines and gives you your ethnic makeup.
The basic entry level test offered by all the companies is the atDNA (autosomal) test and this goes back hundreds of years. But the other 2 types goes back about 200,000 years.
  • Y-DNA will connect you with genetic cousins with whom you share the same surname. Father's line.
  • mtDNA will connect you with cousins on your mother’s mother’s mother’s line but this is the least useful of all 3 tests - because mtDNA mutates so slowly, even an exact match could mean a common ancestor several thousand years ago (rather than several hundred years ago in the case of Y-DNA).
  • atDNA will connect you with about 500-1000 cousins you never knew existed (if you have European ancestry). It gives you the most "bang for your buck". Most of them will be distant cousins, but you may spot a few familiar names in your list of matches.
The 23andme test you guys are going to do is atDNA, but also has some limited Y-DNA and mtDNA testing included with it.
The entry level test for Ancestry and Famliy Tree is just atDNA by itself. However, if you want to dig as much as you can with finding more relatives, then you should test further with FamilyTreeDNA. As I said, they offer the most extensive testing. And it's more effective testing your dad (instead of yourself) for Y-DNA testing and your mom for mtDNA testing.

HOW TO GET THE MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK AND WHAT TO DO AFTER GETTING RESULTS

First obviously log onto 23andme website and see immediate results and are in their database.
Then you can take it a step further and download your raw DNA results. With this info, you can upload it into the different company's databases to increase the pool in which others can find you or you can find others.

You can enter your results into the FamilyTreeDNA for a one time $39 fee. Link below.
https://www.familytreedna.com/AutosomalTransfer
Up to you whether you want to pay fee.
However, there is also a FREE database. Link here. Should definitely do this one.
https://www.gedmatch.com

For those of Asian descent there is a CHINESE based database that is more focused on people of Asian descent. Can easily upload your info from 23andme from the link below.
https://www.wegene.com/en/
Wegene database was just recently added to Gedmatch.

Fourth - I highly recommend doing this one. This is for your MEDICAL analysis. Once you get results, you upload for a $5 fee here. Link below. This will tell you your genetic propensity and risk for certain medical conditions, etc.
Promethease

And lastly, there is DNA analysis for your athletic performance. This test is expensive and not necessary IMO.
https://shop.athletigen.com/?variant=17922494532

I looked in the mirror and it said I was white.
Are you a cis straight white male? If so, you should be ashamed of yourself and check your privilege.

giphy.gif

Know there are some Filipino members here so I will share my gf’s results. She was expecting more Spanish/European ancestry.

It was 99.8% East Asian
0.5% Japanese
0.1% European

that's typical for my filipinos. the vast minority have spanish blood.

I did Ancestry. It was pretty legit, though I hear 23 and Me has broader results.

Still confused about my father being a Celestial.

I like Bill Burr's view on DNA tests. It's pretty entertaining.

Back