DNA Tests to find out about ancestry:

Sounds like they've got a good scam where people pay them to collect and profit from their DNA associated with their names and addresses.

I'm guessing if some ultra rich person needs an organ transplant, some DNA ancestry customer will mysteriously die with organs to be donated.

I used ancestry DNA. I got it on sale for 80 dollars. Most of it could have easily been guessed by my family names (German and Irish) but I also found out I have some Spanish and Norwegiannblood, which is cool. You should get it.

I think i am but ill do it for my wife first.

I was always told that i was spanish german and dutch from father
and from my mother german irish and native american but the hell knows

My wife is portugese black french and mexican

my superior western european bloodline has been untainted with the filth of foreign scum for centuries, i dont need to see it written out to know its true.

your great grandma probably got her back broke from a mandigo

I intend to take one of these tests the next time I visit the US, but I'm still debating myself on whether I should get AncestryDNA or 23andMe.

Anyone know which one is better?

both reviews were good, thats why i was curious

I'm actually surprised there are so many people interested. Must just be me, but I don't care what so ever.

i think alot of people like myself dont know alot about their ancestors and family is so spread out to get an accurate description

My sister got one of these done. 33 years thinking i was German found out im irish, british(that one stung), and Scandanavian

I actually just checked the mail and got my kit from ancestryDNA and then saw this thread... My grandmother had one sent to me as a gift, I'm interested to see what it says as my mom remarried and I was adopted by my step-dad at a young age, grew-up always thinking I was half-Mexican but re-connected with my real dad after all of these years and found out his father was Cherokee. Should have the results in a few weeks.

let me know how it goes.

I was always told growing up Im white and mexican. fast forward to where i meet my grandfather for the first time on my dads side when im 18 and he says your not mexican were spanish and shows me our family crest.

I read something yesterday that said Nazis or whatever they call themselves these days are using D.N.A tests to test their racial purity. I wonder what the ones who discover they have black ancestors will do.

I read something yesterday that said Nazis or whatever they call themselves these days are using D.N.A tests to test their racial purity. I wonder what the ones who discover they have black ancestors will do.

be the first to be a part of a nazi group and BLM matter. They will be the ulitmate terrorist. is is wont compare to these fanatical groups.

I'm actually surprised there are so many people interested. Must just be me, but I don't care what so ever.

You sound like a mutt. Why wouldn't you want to know?

lol, i guess it was kind of a stupid question to ask. i was more wondering what device they use to scan the dna sample. i presume it's some crazy-expensive contraption.

I think it comes down to the strength of the genetic database they have. From what I read if your white they can give you better results than most other races.

There is some concerns about getting your DNA stored in a massive database where theoretically you could end up being on the wrong side of the law. If your cousin killed someone and law enforcement got access to the database you could be question since you might be the closest match and they could come up with(not that they would think you did it but they want to know everyone you are related to and you would be part of an investigation). There is a lot of other shit that can come out with genetic databases. You can end up discovering you have half siblings if say your old man got drunk in his 20s, fucked a bar hag he didn't even know and got her pregnant. There was another recent case of a fertility doctor who was using his own sperm back in the 80s to get a bunch of women pregnant. That doctor is a smart guy and back then knew there was no chance of people tracing what he was doing. Problem is that crime is a sitting time bomb because once people started taking these tests they all started connecting the dots.

From what ive read most of those things are a scam.

Also i always found it baffling thats theres people who dont know what the fuck they are. Like didnt family mention it in passing at least once or twice or?

How would it change anything? It literally wouldn't change anything in my life.

Didn't change mine either but it's nice to know. After all, you wouldn't be here if not for them. Centuries of time have gone by for you to be where you are today. Nothing wrong with having pride in yourself and your family.

Your forebears survived many hardships to pass their genes to you. Don't shush that away like it's nothing.

I took one, it told me I was born a poor:
giphy.gif

In the previous thread on DNA testing I posted how a brother and sister had their DNA tested without the other one knowing and they brought the results to a family reunion. They were both in their 60s and their parents were dead. The DNA tests didn't match. Another daughter had hers tested and it matched her sister. They figured out that the brother, who is the eldest child, had a different father than the two girls. They had known that the brother was born 5 months after their parents were married but apparently it wasn't the father's biological child. They will never know if their father or mother was aware of that.

I took one once, all Maury said was "I am NOT the father"..

Didn't change mine either but it's nice to know. After all, you wouldn't be here if not for them. Centuries of time have gone by for you to be where you are today. Nothing wrong with having pride in yourself and your family.

Your forebears survived many hardships to pass their genes to you. Don't shush that away like it's nothing.
<Fedor23>

Back