DJ's record isn't what it seems

Meanwhile, weight classes only exist because the worst hw on the roster could best the top 3 fw's...on the same night.
That's true. One shot from any HW can end the night, which is why I like watching the HW fights. It's still the garbage bin of fighting technique.

That's true. One shot from any HW can end the night, which is why I like watching the HW fights. It's still the garbage bin of fighting technique.
Trade-off between size and skill/athleticism. And it's not specific to mma.

HW is the shallowest, most can-ridden division in the sport. Only reason Fedor's streak is so GOAT-tier is because of how easy it is to get KO'd by 250 lbs cans, which he avoided for a decade.

#nomanlet
there is no weightclass. even mm can enter the open weight, but ya he cant even fight tj at his own weightclass

Trade-off between size and skill/athleticism. And it's not specific to mma.
It's still more extreme in MMA than most real sports. Mostly because they can't pull in any real talent at HW.

It's still more extreme in MMA than most real sports. Mostly because they can't pull in any real talent at HW.
Most "real sports" don't have 125lb guys competing with 265lb guys(with exceptions, of course). I'll concede it is slightly more exaggerated in fringe sports like mma, though.

Most "real sports" don't have 125lb guys competing with 265lb guys(with exceptions, of course). I'll concede it is slightly more exaggerated in fringe sports like mma, though.
Yeah, most 125ers have to be jockeys if they can't fight or box. Lol.

He is obviously a great champion and fighter. Anderson and Fedor fought cans during their legacy also but these are men that are much closer to the average size of men. The talent pool of flyweight isn't nearly as deep as MW and HW because there just aren't that many 125 pound guys out there. And as a 125 pound guy I don't think that fighting is necessarily a top choice to compete in unless you feel secured from the weight divisions. I think most guys of that stature prefer to do things where their size naturally benefits them like jockeying or driving or gymnastics. DJ is amazing at fighting but he just doesn't have he same depth of competition as AS or Fedor.

Just to put it in perspective, there could be a 115 pound 1 legged weight class where a guy goes undefeated for 20 years but you know that he wouldn't have the same acclamation as a fully limbed person

WRONG. There's as many natural FLW as there are HWs. MWs have a population edge, but the thing is for manlets, MMA is the a-level sport. It's either you make it into fighting, or you go become a male figure skater or horse jockey. For HW/MW, there's like 10 other sports, and for HW especially, they just can't handle it with their population constraints.

WRONG. There's as many natural FLW as there are HWs. MWs have a population edge, but the thing is for manlets, MMA is the a-level sport. It's either you make it into fighting, or you go become a male figure skater or horse jockey. For HW/MW, there's like 10 other sports, and for HW especially, they just can't handle it with their population constraints.
I'd argue that boxing is the A-level sport for manlets, but the point still stands.

imagine basketball with weightclasses
VillainousEverlastingEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

Ban for handicap bashing.

Midgets are handicapped.

<13>

I guess 135 doesn't matter either cuz benavidez was top 3 at 135 for years before dropping to 125

And Dodson ice'd the current 135 champ TJ

DJ destroyed them both

Back