DJ's record isn't what it seems

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He is obviously a great champion and fighter. Anderson and Fedor fought cans during their legacy also but these are men that are much closer to the average size of men. The talent pool of flyweight isn't nearly as deep as MW and HW because there just aren't that many 125 pound guys out there. And as a 125 pound guy I don't think that fighting is necessarily a top choice to compete in unless you feel secured from the weight divisions. I think most guys of that stature prefer to do things where their size naturally benefits them like jockeying or driving or gymnastics. DJ is amazing at fighting but he just doesn't have he same depth of competition as AS or Fedor.

Just to put it in perspective, there could be a 115 pound 1 legged weight class where a guy goes undefeated for 20 years but you know that he wouldn't have the same acclamation as a fully limbed person

HW is the shallowest, most can-ridden division in the sport. Only reason Fedor's streak is so GOAT-tier is because of how easy it is to get KO'd by 250 lbs cans, which he avoided for a decade.

#nomanlet

Last edited:
MM is an incredible champion. He’s beaten who has been in front of him in an evolved MMA landscape. I do think he needs to win a super fight of sorts to truly solidify his status. MM vs. TJ would be a helluva fight.

Flw depth >>>>>>>> hw depth

But keep working on those fake excuses to trash DJ. Maybe one day you guys will come up with one that doesn't come off as embarrassingly pathetic for you.

Flw depth >>>>>>>> hw depth

But keep working on those fake excuses to trash DJ. Maybe one day you guys will come up with one that doesn't come off as embarrassingly pathetic for you.
UFC LW: 102 fighters
UFC HW: 57 fighters
FLW: 46 fighters

UFC LW: 102 fighters
UFC HW: 57 fighters
FLW: 46 fighters
That 57 includes a slew of guys not even in the UFC anymore. They just haven't updated it. Hell Mir and Nelson are still on that list despite being the Bellator tourney. There are guys listed who haven't fought in the UFC in years.

HW is the shallowest, most can-ridden division in the sport. Only reason Fedor's streak is so GOAT-tier is because of how easy it is to get KO'd by 250 lbs cans, which he avoided for a decade.

#nomanlet

What do you mean avoided for 10 years ? Fedor fought in pride where the best heavyweights in the world fought..then he smoked both the best heavyweight champs in the ufc while he was in pride apparently ducking the ufc?

you fucking retard...lol

That 57 includes a slew of guys not even in the UFC anymore. They just haven't updated it. Hell Mir and Nelson are still on that list despite being the Bellator tourney. There are guys listed who haven't fought in the UFC in years.

Really? And this magically doesn't apply to FLW? MM fights in a shallow division, this is factual

Of course not, everyone knows this. It's like people calling Ronda the GOAT female combat athlete - She may have been better than 99.9% of the chicks there, but she was also still competing in a shallow division that was (and is) still very much in its infancy. Mighty Mouse is doing the same. Fittingly enough, when a proven great like TJ calls him out, he wants no part of him. That speaks volumes.

To add to your "perspective," MM has more fights - and wins - at 135 than he does at 125.

What do you mean avoided for 10 years ? Fedor fought in pride where the best heavyweights in the world fought..then he smoked both the best heavyweight champs in the ufc while he was in pride apparently ducking the ufc?

you fucking retard...lol
He avoided getting KO'd for a decade. Learn some reading comprehension, then call me a retard, retard. Do you just have some overly sensitive, retarded reaction to seeing the word 'avoided' in a Fedor post? I even said his streak was GOAT-tier ffs.

Last edited:
When people take about a division being deep I don't think they mean the total number of people in said division. It's not how I use the word and when people like Rogan, Hardy, Cruz, etc. use it I don't think they mean that either. I think most of us mean a division is deep when it has a lot of very good fighters, such that even people outside of the top 10 or top 15 would still be very high quality and dangerous for the top of the division to face. The UFC could hire a hundred cans for any division it wanted, that wouldn't make it "deep" as far as most people are concerned.

Yeah because contenders like Tim Elliot and Ray Borg are better than guys like Overeem, Ngannou, Werdum, JDS, Rothwell LMAO
Yes, they're both better than Rothwell (who hasn't fought since April of 2016). And who has Ngannou beaten? A champ from 12 years ago (in the midst of his 5 fight losing streak broken by literally fighting a man in a diaper) and...? I love watching HWs. JBG bless. But the division is horrible in terms of fighting technique. They just have power. When people joke about MMA just being barroom brawling, this is the division that proves it (along with women's 135/145). Werdum is the only complete fighter on that list and he's 40. Overeem gets KO'd by a stiff breeze, JDS fights poorly once a year since Cain remodeled his head, Cain fights once a decade and will get a title shot when he returns.

To the actual topic, I agree in principle that the "Population Argument" is pretty good, but culture is a massive factor too and it messes up the population argument, at least in the United States.

Specifically, the UFC has never had the best guys who weigh 240 or 250 fighting in their org because the very best always have been in other sports: NFL, etc. No major sport in the US draws from guys who are 5'4" and walk around at 140.

So MM could possibly be the very best guy at his weight, whereas no matter how good Stipe looks you will always have someone saying something like "that's only because JJ Watt makes more money playing football" or whatever.

He avoided getting KO'd for a decade. Learn some reading comprehension, then call me a retard, retard. Do just have some overly sensitive, retarded reaction to seeing the word 'avoided' in a Fedor post? I even said his streak was GOAT-tier ffs.

I was wondering why he was so mad. lol

HW means a hell of a lot more because it is the toughest division. The reason weight classes exist is because the heavyweights would easily stomp the smaller guys

Back