DJ's "demands" for the TJ fight.

". We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it.""

If you need to be on a stacked card to get PPV points, then no, you don't deserve it.

A card can be stacked without Conor on it.
You know what, let's do that with a warm up fight for Conor...say Little Heathen? Would love to see that lol...
coner-mcgregor-who-the-fuck-is-that-guy.jpg

Complains about not getting marketed.. finally offered huge super fight headliner... says he can't sell the PPV by himself.
He is right though....
He can't sell the PPV by himself and TJ isn't much help either

UFC has had 6 events under 150k PPV buys since the first time MM headlined.

Mighty Mouse headlined 3 of them:
Horiguchi 125k
Bagautino 115k
and Dodson 115k

TJ vs Soto did 125k

(Tony vs Kevin Lee did 120k)

Mighty Mouse holds spots #1, #2, & #4 for lowest buy rate of a male headlined PPV.

Only Nunes vs Shevchenko has ever sold worse than Mighty Mouse at a sad 100k

calling bullshit.jpg
I'm saying that a fighter getting dominated and losing his title in his prime immediately takes him out of the P4P and GOAT discussion. And that's what I predict will happen to Mighty if he fights Dillasnake.
DJ in GOAT discussion.... LOL

Sound logic.

I’m not a fan of DJ but you can’t argue with what he said.

DJ finally admits he can't sell PPV's. Not that he's ever tried anyway.

Stop including TJ in your bullshit excuses, "I think we both want to be on a stacked card".
TJ's been trying to fight you for almost a year now, and you've been ducking. He just wants a damn fight.

Try to get up to speed with the community...

UFC commentator Joe Rogan and heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier are convinced that Johnson is the best pound-for-pound fighter the sport has ever seen.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/joe-rogan-and-daniel-cormier-proclaim-demetrious-johnson-the-g-o-a-t

No disrespect to Demetrius but he's beating a whole bunch of bums. Outside of Joseph benavidez. And it's not his fault his division sucks.
you cannot be the greatest of all time doing just that.

Fedor Emelianenko Anderson Silva and GSP. Are the only people you can argue that can be the greatest of all time.

Anderson was the number one fighter in the world in two divisions 167 and 185 he also had some good wins at 205.

Say what you want about Emelianenko being a can crusher. The Pride FC Heavyweight Championship was never up for grabs when he competed against them. Disrespecting the title by defending it against inferior competition.

And GSP defeated the competition 2 times over.

Then why is he so willing to fight number one contenders for whatever the UFC is willing to pay him?

It's pretty clear he's willing to sign on the dotted line for decent money in fights that he's confident he can win. But he will hold out for big money against an opponent where that confidence is lacking.
You mean accounting for risk and reward?

". We just want to make sure it's on a stacked card. We want to make sure we can benefit from a good pay-per-view buy. I think I deserve it, and I think he deserves it.""

If you need to be on a stacked card to get PPV points, then no, you don't deserve it.
It's worked out pretty well for Joanna and Woodley.
Tyron was way worse too. He was publicly shit talking Maia and Masvidal when he was in camp before they'd even fought saying they'd better be ready for a quick turnaround so he could get on the Jones v Cormier card. Now he's saying he's taking most of the year off because he's not interested in any of the contenders.
Cyborg's doing the exact same thing too. She's all over social media saying she's agreed to be on the July card even though it hasn't been offered to her - she even said she's agreed with her management to fight on that date, not with UFC - she's just pushing to get on that card for the PPV points.
Why are we shitting on MM for something every fighter does?

Its gonna be 2025 before this happens

Blows my mind how a DJ vs TJ fight wouldn’t sell good.

I see where he's coming from. As awesome a fight this is on its own I doubt it sells much. But as a co-main event for a bigger fight it could really help.People are imagining that he wants a Conor card and that's likely what he;s thinking but remember, TJ's last fight was on a mega-card and Conor was nowhere in sight(inb4 he was in the audience)

That's definitely not what he said. He said "stacked PPV". That could mean with two title fights and a decent main card.

This PPV this past weekend had two title fights, but the rest of the card was utter shit. UFC is still trying to sell PPV with just main and/or co-main. Put together a good card if you're trying to sell something, and especially if you're raising the price.

I like TJ but he doesn't seem too smart when it comes to pay and negotiations. Just last year he was offering to give up his purse of he lost a fight. That's incredibly dumb.

One of the best current fighters in the world, but he needs some decent management.

Stacked ppv dont always sell well

He wants to fight on a card with GSP or Conor. Lets not kid ourselves here

Maybe a card with Nate on it if you think Nate can draw

Back