DJ will get an immediate rematch

He don't want. His heart is set on full time streaming

He can fight Sergio Pettis on Fight Night Montana <36>

exactly....no way dana can justify it other than say I dont like DJ. But even that would be stupid move. Having a guy hold 2 divisions slows down that division a lot imo. And how the hell can you win a super close title fight after being koed in your last title fight and demand to fight champ of next division

The problem is when it comes to the UFC deserve has almost nothing to do with actual opportunity. There's also enough of the fanbase that dislikes DJ for zero justifiable reason that will latch onto any excuse they can to justify fucking him over.

THEY WILL REMATCH AND CEJUDO WILL WIN AGAIN. 2,4 & 5!

i don't know if cejudo will win again, but this was the best thing for dj. he complained about not making money, and that was because he had no competition. now that he does, and someone put the fight to him, the trilogy between them will sell well. this was exactly what we thought a dj vs. tj fight would do. glad that cejudo forced the issue on dj, and the money will practically be forced upon him lol.

Cejudo going up and getting paid more than DJ ever has.

I can see him not getting it. He didn’t do UFC any favors so it’s possible that he goes to the back of the line. That, and he’s not marketable.

When TJ lost to Dom, many felt he won and even then he had to wait 2 years

A couple of thoughts I had after dj's fight. Suddenly, TBE talk is going to lessen. I personally just never thought he was as great as somebody like gsp or jones or anderson silva. I had originally bought into that hype until I saw the major holes in his game against tim elliott. DJ was still the better fighter then, and still deserving to be champ. I'm not taking that away, he is....to date-this best flyweight in history. But not the best p4p. DJ is a heck of a fighter, and for all that he's done he deserves a rematch right away.

However, Henry Cejudo is pretty smart for calling out the winner of tj and garbrandt. I felt like that helps give him some space, because if he and dj turn around and fight within 6months.....he could easily lose that belt. Moving up gives him a chance to fight and keep his belt. And more importantly for cejudo, it gives him a chance to make more money because he essentially would be guaranteed two big fights. I sometimes get annoyed at immediate rematches, but sometimes it just makes the most sense. For Cejudo to keep his belt, he needs to keep working hard bc DJ is going to come hard to get the belt back.

Back